Get in touch with Ted ^ aka teds headfood - he will do right by you. He's a good guy and takes this stuff seriously.
My Experience with Headphone Lounge - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 3,203 Posts. Joined 6/2007
- Location: Shinra HQ, Midgar
- Select All Posts By This User
I fear that my experience with Headphone Lounge (so far) has been more like doublelea71's and less like Lawz's. I ordered my cables on August 24, received an email invoice 24 days later (on September 17), and received the cables 13 days later (on October 3). Unfortunately, the cables appear to have an intermittent short. I reported the issue the following day but have not received a reply.
Considering that, at least in my case, Headphone Lounge has demonstrated deficits in order initiation, quality assurance, and service after the sale, I would be reluctant to order from them until they can specifically address the steps they have taken to ensure that what happened to me does not happen to future customers.
I will take full responsibility for the problems you are having and make this a priority.
Edited by Chris_Himself - 11/13/13 at 10:01pm
on the package i sent you is my name and picture in return label. i generally include a card with pin placement/care instructions,also including my email address if there are any problems.if it was a shure cable i sometimes dont put a note as they only go in one way.
in the future there will be the cards in every package so customers can email/pm me directly and have any issue dealt with asap.
since you posted (for the first time) in this thread you obviously saw i made your cable, so why didn't you pm me? i've posted and left you a couple pm's and i'm waiting to solve any issues asap as i always do.
i cant comment on the timing of ordering/invoicing part other than i've been working on this area with chris. but,you made your post after only waiting one day from emailing chris. he gets alot of emails plus college etc so when he didn't get back to you as fast as you wanted you post in this way? seems fair?
ok,so i received the cable back which had one of the grounds hanging on by a few strands from the viablue set screw had squeezed the wire away from solder joint.showed continuity as i check this before shipping any cable/recable, but it was not enough.re-stripped wire and resoldered. sent back in under two hours with emailed tracking number just after getting back from post office.
inside the envelope squirrel sent me was the card, so obviously he didn't even look at it or he would have clearly seen "if any issues/problems email me. go figure?
like i said i have been working on the quality/timing of ordering process with chris.
i really dont know what else to do for some customers as had he tried to follow the directions on card their would have been less issues and i would have taken care of it asap as i usually do.
all orders now have clear instructions and lets hope this doesn't happen again.
ahui ho!!! ted
- 1 Post. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- I did not initially contact Ted because all of my prior communications were with Chris, whom I did contact. That said, I'm happy to assume blame for not initially contacting Ted directly.
- My Headphone Lounge cables were indeed defective -- the Viablue screws had broken the solder joint. I shipped the cables back to Ted who, in his defense, quickly resoldered the connection and shipped the cables back to me.
- The repaired, returned cables were still defective -- the left lead was almost completely broken off. I made a video for Ted demonstrating how the left channel cut out when I rotated the headphone jack by even a degree or two, and then sent the cable back to Ted for (an admittedly speedy) second repair.