Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 2012 College Football Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2012 College Football Thread - Page 6

post #76 of 210
Thread Starter 
Oh, there is a lot to like about an Oregon-Bama matchup,primarily around how will the Ducks powerful offense fare against that insanely good Bama D...
post #77 of 210

Went out to South Bend, IN last weekend for the ND game.

Couldn't have picked a better game to watch. Wasn't a commanding win by any stretch of the imagination, but it sure was a great one to watch.

post #78 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post

Oh, there is a lot to like about an Oregon-Bama matchup,primarily around how will the Ducks powerful offense fare against that insanely good Bama D...

This will be a great match.  

 

If Bama can get pass the bulldogs.

post #79 of 210

Too bad for Bama, that was the last big hurdle till SEC championship.  Univ of Tennessee still hasn't won an SEC game this season. Between Lane Kiffin's dumping us in the middle of recruiting season and Derrick Dooley's horrible coaching UT is cursed this season and probably next. I expect a major hire as Dooley's losing ways are not tolerated in Big Orange country.

post #80 of 210
Thread Starter 
Yep, Bama likely out of the NCG picture. So Oregon and KSU control their own fate. ND just looks too unimpressive in its wins to leap either one.

Painful OT loss to Michigan for my NU Wildcats today. We've has 4th quarter leads in our three losses. Tough to think about where we could be.

Florida should have lost today. If ULLAF takes a safety instead of punting, they would have made OT, and I like their chances in OT given how horrible FLAs offense is.
post #81 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post

Too bad for Bama, that was the last big hurdle till SEC championship.  Univ of Tennessee still hasn't won an SEC game this season. Between Lane Kiffin's dumping us in the middle of recruiting season and Derrick Dooley's horrible coaching UT is cursed this season and probably next. I expect a major hire as Dooley's losing ways are not tolerated in Big Orange country.

Yep. We were literally screaming at the TV when he let the time run out at the end of regulation. I wasn't hostile towards Dooley until that moment, now I want his head on a platter. mad.gif
post #82 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post

Yep, Bama likely out of the NCG picture. So Oregon and KSU control their own fate. ND just looks too unimpressive in its wins to leap either one.

 

Im not sure i would agree with that one, do you not think that a one loss Alabama that wins the SEC championship doesnt have a chance of climbing back into the NCG? im betting they dont drop further than 4th tonight, and if they beat georgia in the SEC champioship, i could see it happening.

 

I do think my ducks will take number one tonight as well, since they will be getting the majority of the first place votes now, and we'll move up at least one spot on the computers, i could see us jumping k state

post #83 of 210

A one loss Alabama team won't jump either - no loss KSU or Ducks even with a SEC Championship.

 

This is of course if both teams remain unbeaten.

post #84 of 210
Thread Starter 
Right, that was my point. No chance a one loss Abama team jumps any of the three current major unbeatens. TWO of them have to lose for Bama to get back to the NCG.

And at this point, I wouldn't hand Bama the SEC title, either. I'm not so sure Georgia isn't the best SEC team at the moment.

As has been said many times, it's more important to play well in November than in September. Last two weeks, Bama has played two very good teams, but teams with two losses, and has just barely gotten by them 1-1. Could easily have been 0-2.

Florida's joke of a performance against ULLAF makes me wonder how they beat A&M.
post #85 of 210

At this time of the year - I'll still take LSU over the bulldogs.  Also,  bama might jump ND if they keep having sub par performances.

post #86 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post


Yep. We were literally screaming at the TV when he let the time run out at the end of regulation. I wasn't hostile towards Dooley until that moment, now I want his head on a platter. mad.gif

The call by Dooley not to go for it before the end of regulation pushed even the Dooley supporters over the edge.  I could go on endlessly about this topic. Going into the season the offense was potent for UT and instead of sticking with an above average defense he hired his buddy from Bama and decided to go from a 4-3 to 3-4.  That decision has worked so well that prior to this game we were 112 out of 120 in the Nation in defense. We now give up on average 42.5 a game!  Try to win with that.  That's what made Dooley's idiot decision so ridiculous, our only chance to win was taking advantage of our offense.

 

My opinion even a one loss SEC team will end up in the NCG as the strength of schedule for the eventual SEC Champ will push it in. 

Better reason yet to have a playoff system in place.

post #87 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post

The call by Dooley not to go for it before the end of regulation pushed even the Dooley supporters over the edge.  I could go on endlessly about this topic. Going into the season the offense was potent for UT and instead of sticking with an above average defense he hired his buddy from Bama and decided to go from a 4-3 to 3-4.  That decision has worked so well that prior to this game we were 112 out of 120 in the Nation in defense. We now give up on average 42.5 a game!  Try to win with that.  That's what made Dooley's idiot decision so ridiculous, our only chance to win was taking advantage of our offense.

My opinion even a one loss SEC team will end up in the NCG as the strength of schedule for the eventual SEC Champ will push it in. 
Better reason yet to have a playoff system in place.

Yeah, we had 38 seconds, 2 timeouts, gunslinger Bray (who looks so much like Favre it's scary), and the best receiving corp in the SEC... and he felt we couldn't move the ball 40 yards to at least try a field goal? I've had it with the guy, he has to go. angry_face.gif
post #88 of 210
Thread Starter 
I don't see any possible chance that a one loss SEC team jumps any of the current three undefeateds assuming they win out. KSU has to play Texas, Oregon has to play OSU and the PAC 12 championship game versus USC or UCLA, and ND has to play USC. If KSU amd Oregon win out, they are in. I guarantee it. And they SHOULD be.
post #89 of 210
One of them will slip, likely K.St..
post #90 of 210

Or both.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 2012 College Football Thread