do you guys with the sr-009 (or any other stax headphone) encounter this? like if you move your jaw with the headphones on your head, there's a static clipping in the headphones. ths seems to happen more on the right side for me than the left. is this normal?
Related Forum Threads
- WTB- Stax SR-009 or SR-007 Omega Mk1 Electrostatic Headphones Last post on 7/19/13 at 3:52pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 12/4/13 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are the electrostatic headphones /amplifiers dangerous? Last post on 11/9/12 at 10:49pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax SR-009: suggestions to tone down the brightness? Last post on 8/9/13 at 2:56pm in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
This is the veteran ex-flagship model from FitEar／須山補聴器 before the Mitsuharu Harada series (MH335DW) was released recently. The C435 is a 4 way crossover configuration, 5 drivers (2 highs, 2 mids 1...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
stax sr-009 static sound on movement - help!post #1 of 58/27/12 at 5:55amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 58/27/12 at 6:12am
Are you referring to the infamous STAX fart? Does it sound like a crinkle? Or does it actually sound like static electricity?
If it sounds like a crinkle that's normal. If it sounds like static that's not normal.post #3 of 58/27/12 at 6:57amThread StarterQuote:
okay i guess it sounds more like a crinkle than static. i just associated sharp short bursts of cracking sound with static. why does it do that anyway!
edit: okay i googled stax fart. i guess another question I had about stax solved.
Edited by athenaesword - 8/27/12 at 7:00ampost #4 of 58/29/12 at 5:16am
- stax sr-009 static sound on movement - help!
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › [REVIEW]: Noble Audio Kaiser 10: 10-driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitor 55 seconds ago
- › k1000 owners club 58 seconds ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Ranking of 17 DACs and DAC Configurations 1 minute ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 2 minutes ago
- › Beats User wants to upgrade to Best quality possible for $400 or... 2 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Grado 325is and PS500 4 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by TheLastDevil
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi