do you guys with the sr-009 (or any other stax headphone) encounter this? like if you move your jaw with the headphones on your head, there's a static clipping in the headphones. ths seems to happen more on the right side for me than the left. is this normal?
Related Forum Threads
- The best headphones in the world Last post on 4/7/14 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- WTB- Stax SR-009 or SR-007 Omega Mk1 Electrostatic Headphones Last post on 7/19/13 at 3:52pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 8/17/14 at 6:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are the electrostatic headphones /amplifiers dangerous? Last post on 11/9/12 at 10:49pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/14/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
stax sr-009 static sound on movement - help!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Are you referring to the infamous STAX fart? Does it sound like a crinkle? Or does it actually sound like static electricity?
If it sounds like a crinkle that's normal. If it sounds like static that's not normal.
okay i guess it sounds more like a crinkle than static. i just associated sharp short bursts of cracking sound with static. why does it do that anyway!
edit: okay i googled stax fart. i guess another question I had about stax solved.
Edited by athenaesword - 8/27/12 at 7:00am
- stax sr-009 static sound on movement - help!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 9 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › upgrading to soundmagic E10 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 4 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 5 minutes ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)