Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Sony PHA-1 portable DAC/amp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony PHA-1 portable DAC/amp - Page 26

post #376 of 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpmalito View Post

first you have to go into system preferences > sound > and pick the sony pha 1

then you have to go into utilities > midi settings > and set the sony PHA-1 to 24/96

Thank you for your help

I have in my midi settings already the sony PHA 1 and the setting already to 24 / 96

And I have already change to another USB port , the result is the same crackle sound very loud

Could be my is defect
post #377 of 483

FYI: just found this VERY NICE bag specially designed for the PHA-1.  Too bad it is Japanese only and I can't found it anywhere else online...

 

http://www.vannuys.co.jp/n_sony_pha1_plyer_harifsuke/index.html

 

post #378 of 483

Is this device working with rockboxed iPod Classic?

post #379 of 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFA View Post

Is this device working with rockboxed iPod Classic?
This is a good question and I don't know. However, at this point I would guess no, as we all know how much Sony likes to give 3rd party support on their stuff...
post #380 of 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

This is a good question and I don't know. However, at this point I would guess no, as we all know how much Sony likes to give 3rd party support on their stuff...

My hope is that it is a strict hardware topic, where the Dac and that Apple decoder ic communicate with each other without any software interfering. In that case, it would probably work.

On the other hand, if you are right, my plans of a FLAC PHA1 Classic combination are doomed.

If I manage to sell my W10VtGs, I will probably try it myself smily_headphones1.gif
post #381 of 483

I do have an iPod Classic and planning on getting a PHA-1.  However, I don't plan on Rockboxing it as I need to use it with my car...  Otherwise I will be glad to test this for you.

post #382 of 483

BTW, is it possible to Rockbox the class 7th gen and get it back to default after Rockboxing?  I figured if I am going to get a PHA-1, I might just as well get a class for it, as I am too lazy to move my other classic from my car, and my touch is with my VERZA now.

post #383 of 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

BTW, is it possible to Rockbox the class 7th gen and get it back to default after Rockboxing?  I figured if I am going to get a PHA-1, I might just as well get a class for it, as I am too lazy to move my other classic from my car, and my touch is with my VERZA now.

It should be possible to rockbox it. At least I managed to rockbox some earlier version with 80gb.

I was thinking about getting a 160gb version for the PHA-1.
post #384 of 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFA View Post


It should be possible to rockbox it. At least I managed to rockbox some earlier version with 80gb.

I was thinking about getting a 160gb version for the PHA-1.

The 160gb version is the 7th gen classic, but the thing is that I don't intent to keep the Rockbox so I need a way to take it back to stock again after testing.  From the site they don't have a good way to do it for the 6th gen let alone the 7th...

post #385 of 483
FYI: I have a PHA-1 coming tomorrow, plus I just picked up a F806 to pair with it. This is going to be fun.
post #386 of 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

FYI: I have a PHA-1 coming tomorrow, plus I just picked up a F806 to pair with it. This is going to be fun.

Well done! Have fun with it smily_headphones1.gif

About the Classic with Rockbox... the chances are high to brick it. That is also why I uninstalled Rockbox from my MA9. Unless it is a stable release I would not use it in a daily basis.
post #387 of 483
BTW, the Sony F806 and 807 supports FLAC by default. You might want to look into this if this is something interest you.
post #388 of 483

Has anyone paired the PHA-1 with Etymotic ER4s?  I'm using this combo right now and it's awesome.

 


Edited by HiFiGuy528 - 7/27/13 at 10:09pm
Reply
post #389 of 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post


Thank you for your help

I have in my midi settings already the sony PHA 1 and the setting already to 24 / 96

And I have already change to another USB port , the result is the same crackle sound very loud

Could be my is defect

 

Are you using iTunes?  Make sure iTunes volume is set to MAX.  

Reply
post #390 of 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post

Are you using iTunes?  Make sure iTunes volume is set to MAX.  

Thank you for your advise
I will try again tonight
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Sony PHA-1 portable DAC/amp