Any update on the random skipping when used with the Xperia Z?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Mid - High End DAC/AMP Combos (Please Rate) Last post on 12/12/12 at 8:35am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommendation - on Portable Headphone Amps/DAC Last post on 10/6/13 at 12:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Semi portable DAC / Amp Last post on 11/28/12 at 2:08pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need to choose a protable amp +/- DAC... What is your favorite, and why? Last post on 10/16/12 at 10:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
Firstly, I'd like to thank @H20Fidelity for including me on this tour. It's always a great experience and privilege to be a part of such a great community which organises these tours for members...
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample of Turbo X provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
Sony PHA-1 portable DAC/amp - Page 23
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was thinking about how the Xperia Z and some other phones loose charge to the PHA-1 amp when connected to the OTG cable. Maybe a way to solve this is cut one of the cables that passes power I think one of the blacks or reds. Any comments?
Can anyone offer a comparison between the PHA 1 and the Vamp Verza? Especially with sensitive iems? I need to choose one for my portable rig with the iPhone 5/JH 13 and there's just no real comparison available.
I just bought the PHA from a member here and love everything about it. I'm new to this hobby and was surprised at the quality of this small amp. When I first plugged it in all I had available to me was a steel series gaming headset and I almost blew the cans right out. I have SM64s in the mail that will hopefully compliment this amp well.
Using the pha with my iPhone 5 with a USB to lightning cable, if I put songs on my iphone that are aiff 24/96 even though the iPhone won't play them will the pha 1 play the. When I select them in iTunes?
I've been looking hard for a decent portable DAC to pair with my iPhone 5 (through the lightening port). I'm not interested in an amp at present as I've easy to drive IEMs. The PHA-1 really seems like the only viable, affordable option for me ($349 right now on Amazon). However, I dont like the bulk and the high 8 ohm output impedance is off-putting as I've the Westone 4R (16 ohm) to drive.
Given that I will only really use it as a portable system with my iPhone, I'm beginning to question my logic. Would it not be better for me just to buy Sony's new Walkman, the NWZ-F06, which has been getting great reviews? I would save cash (about $70 with an F06), the PHA-1 and F06 likely have very similar if not identical DACS, the F06 and iPhone would probably be less bulky in my pocket than the PHA-1/iPhone and I would have a much longer battery life from the F06 than the PHA-1, not to mention saving the battery on my iPhone! I'm strongly veering towards getting the F06 unless someone can tell me that the PHA-1 paired with the iPhone has considerably better SQ than the F06 (I use 16-40 ohm IEMs).
Many thanks for your time.
Edited by Narc - 6/24/13 at 7:44pm
- Sony PHA-1 portable DAC/amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Vape-Fi 8 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Wanted: KGST/KGBH PSU Board 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › Lampizator head dac 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2