Any update on the random skipping when used with the Xperia Z?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Mid - High End DAC/AMP Combos (Please Rate) Last post on 12/12/12 at 8:35am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommendation - on Portable Headphone Amps/DAC Last post on 10/6/13 at 12:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Semi portable DAC / Amp Last post on 11/28/12 at 2:08pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need to choose a protable amp +/- DAC... What is your favorite, and why? Last post on 10/16/12 at 10:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
Try it and be amazed. :)
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
Sony PHA-1 portable DAC/amp - Page 23
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was thinking about how the Xperia Z and some other phones loose charge to the PHA-1 amp when connected to the OTG cable. Maybe a way to solve this is cut one of the cables that passes power I think one of the blacks or reds. Any comments?
Can anyone offer a comparison between the PHA 1 and the Vamp Verza? Especially with sensitive iems? I need to choose one for my portable rig with the iPhone 5/JH 13 and there's just no real comparison available.
I just bought the PHA from a member here and love everything about it. I'm new to this hobby and was surprised at the quality of this small amp. When I first plugged it in all I had available to me was a steel series gaming headset and I almost blew the cans right out. I have SM64s in the mail that will hopefully compliment this amp well.
Using the pha with my iPhone 5 with a USB to lightning cable, if I put songs on my iphone that are aiff 24/96 even though the iPhone won't play them will the pha 1 play the. When I select them in iTunes?
I've been looking hard for a decent portable DAC to pair with my iPhone 5 (through the lightening port). I'm not interested in an amp at present as I've easy to drive IEMs. The PHA-1 really seems like the only viable, affordable option for me ($349 right now on Amazon). However, I dont like the bulk and the high 8 ohm output impedance is off-putting as I've the Westone 4R (16 ohm) to drive.
Given that I will only really use it as a portable system with my iPhone, I'm beginning to question my logic. Would it not be better for me just to buy Sony's new Walkman, the NWZ-F06, which has been getting great reviews? I would save cash (about $70 with an F06), the PHA-1 and F06 likely have very similar if not identical DACS, the F06 and iPhone would probably be less bulky in my pocket than the PHA-1/iPhone and I would have a much longer battery life from the F06 than the PHA-1, not to mention saving the battery on my iPhone! I'm strongly veering towards getting the F06 unless someone can tell me that the PHA-1 paired with the iPhone has considerably better SQ than the F06 (I use 16-40 ohm IEMs).
Many thanks for your time.
Edited by Narc - 6/24/13 at 7:44pm
- Sony PHA-1 portable DAC/amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 seconds ago
- › Destop DAC/HeadAmp combo upgrade recommendations 11 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony V6 Pads inquiry. 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a good hardshell headphone case 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 5 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)