Any update on the random skipping when used with the Xperia Z?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Mid - High End DAC/AMP Combos (Please Rate) Last post on 12/12/12 at 8:35am in Portable Headphone Amps
- NEW Portable Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp Released MAY 2015 Last post on 5/23/15 at 5:26pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommendation - on Portable Headphone Amps/DAC Last post on 10/6/13 at 12:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Semi portable DAC / Amp Last post on 11/28/12 at 2:08pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
So i bought the DT 880 250 Ohm Pro model. I also have KEf m200 in ears, a pair of AKG k450. I owned Audio Technica m30, Sennheiser Momentum on ear and Beyerdynamic dt 770 80 Ohm. The difference is...
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
Sony PHA-1 portable DAC/amp - Page 23
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was thinking about how the Xperia Z and some other phones loose charge to the PHA-1 amp when connected to the OTG cable. Maybe a way to solve this is cut one of the cables that passes power I think one of the blacks or reds. Any comments?
Can anyone offer a comparison between the PHA 1 and the Vamp Verza? Especially with sensitive iems? I need to choose one for my portable rig with the iPhone 5/JH 13 and there's just no real comparison available.
I just bought the PHA from a member here and love everything about it. I'm new to this hobby and was surprised at the quality of this small amp. When I first plugged it in all I had available to me was a steel series gaming headset and I almost blew the cans right out. I have SM64s in the mail that will hopefully compliment this amp well.
Using the pha with my iPhone 5 with a USB to lightning cable, if I put songs on my iphone that are aiff 24/96 even though the iPhone won't play them will the pha 1 play the. When I select them in iTunes?
I've been looking hard for a decent portable DAC to pair with my iPhone 5 (through the lightening port). I'm not interested in an amp at present as I've easy to drive IEMs. The PHA-1 really seems like the only viable, affordable option for me ($349 right now on Amazon). However, I dont like the bulk and the high 8 ohm output impedance is off-putting as I've the Westone 4R (16 ohm) to drive.
Given that I will only really use it as a portable system with my iPhone, I'm beginning to question my logic. Would it not be better for me just to buy Sony's new Walkman, the NWZ-F06, which has been getting great reviews? I would save cash (about $70 with an F06), the PHA-1 and F06 likely have very similar if not identical DACS, the F06 and iPhone would probably be less bulky in my pocket than the PHA-1/iPhone and I would have a much longer battery life from the F06 than the PHA-1, not to mention saving the battery on my iPhone! I'm strongly veering towards getting the F06 unless someone can tell me that the PHA-1 paired with the iPhone has considerably better SQ than the F06 (I use 16-40 ohm IEMs).
Many thanks for your time.
Edited by Narc - 6/24/13 at 7:44pm
- Sony PHA-1 portable DAC/amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 16 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Good generic mods for headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 3 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › Valve Audio Design - VAD 12 DSD DAC dual mono - a DAC coming from UK 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2