Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Sony PHA-1 portable DAC/amp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony PHA-1 portable DAC/amp - Page 17

post #241 of 512

Source : AK 100

dac amp : Sony PHA - 1

iem : Sony XBA 40

cable : AK 100 to Sony PHA - 1 use Ventura craft mini to mini 

 

 


Edited by rudi0504 - 2/26/13 at 5:01am
post #242 of 512

Rudi, IEM = XBA 4x?

 

How is the PHA-1?

post #243 of 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHeadfi View Post

Rudi, IEM = XBA 4x?

 

How is the PHA-1?

Hi AJHeadfi

thank you for the correction 

It is XBA 40 

 

PHA - 1 is fun sounding amp 

 

i need some more days for burn in and I write my impression .

post #244 of 512

How long is the battery run time for you guys and at 5x the price of my Fiio E7 is it worth having even for a Sony die-hard? 

post #245 of 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickice View Post

How long is the battery run time for you guys and at 5x the price of my Fiio E7 is it worth having even for a Sony die-hard? 

The battery run time :

 

1. For use with I device ca 4 to 5 hours max

2, for use as pure amp ca 8 hours

 

sq is far above Fiio E7 , it's different price range  

post #246 of 512

The Fiio E7 and this share the same Dac chip but the Fiio is 12/48 while the Sony is 24/96.

 

I would mostly be plugging it into my Walkman LOD, I think only 8hrs as an amp would kill me. The Fiio's 80hrs is just ridiculous in comparison.

 

Ill keep researching and saving, maybe ill get one.

post #247 of 512

Finally got the PHA-1 after waiting for a few months for the stock to arrive.  Great build quality and design.  Love the overall size and weight, and great ergonomics for holding and stacking the idevices with its clever elastic straps.    Considering its price point vs CLAS Solo + RX Mk3B, the sound quality is not bad.   Sounds great with most iems and at high gain is adequate to drive my W3000 and TH900, though that is where CLAS Solo + RX Mk3B really shine with the big cans.     Got to burn in more and see how it goes.   

post #248 of 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolutionx View Post

Finally got the PHA-1 after waiting for a few months for the stock to arrive.  Great build quality and design.  Love the overall size and weight, and great ergonomics for holding and stacking the idevices with its clever elastic straps.    Considering its price point vs CLAS Solo + RX Mk3B, the sound quality is not bad.   Sounds great with most iems and at high gain is adequate to drive my W3000 and TH900, though that is where CLAS Solo + RX Mk3B really shine with the big cans.     Got to burn in more and see how it goes.   

Congrats evolutionx

post #249 of 512

Bon voyage evolutionx! Please let us read your impressions. 

post #250 of 512

My beyerdynamic T 5 P set up 

source : AK 100

dac / amp : Sony PHA 1 for i device 

headphone : beyerdynamic T 5 P

headphone stand : glass woody by Jaben 

 

 

post #251 of 512

Today I have tried my Sony PHA 1 with many different headphones 

 

source 1 : AK 100

source 2 : iPhone 4 S

dac amp : Sony PHA 1 with Dac for i device only 

headphones : beyerdynamic T 5 P 

                       Fostex TH 900

 

high : open dan detail but is not bright or roll off .

mid : analog / tube sounding midrange , this is the strong point from Sony PHA 1 

Bass : deep with very good bass impact .fast tranciant bass      

Separation : very good , that I can feel where the instrument placement in the orchestra .

soundstage : wide and depth are very good 

backgound : very black background 

 

conclusion : Sony PHA 1 is sweet sounding Dac amp combo with the right high not Bright and not harsh or roll off .

                    The strong point what I love is the midrange so sweet like phono / tube like  sounding mid .

                     The bass is deep and very good impact 

 

this is my personal impression 

post #252 of 512

Thanks for your impressions Rudi. Seems like strong competition to HP-P1. T5p is quite a strange headphone, but how did you get the TH900 into the PHA-1? I think TH900 has sweet midrange is it more enjoyable than T5p in this setup? 

post #253 of 512

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHeadfi View Post

Thanks for your impressions Rudi. Seems like strong competition to HP-P1. T5p is quite a strange headphone, but how did you get the TH900 into the PHA-1? I think TH900 has sweet midrange is it more enjoyable than T5p in this setup? 

Beyerdynamic T 5 P is different class to Fostex TH 900 

with Fostex Hp P 1 sound quality with Sony PHA 1 more fuller sound , more detail and more clarity and has better bass detail .

overall TH 900 more enjoyable than T 5 P 


Edited by rudi0504 - 3/5/13 at 6:19am
post #254 of 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

Congrats evolutionx

Thanks rudi0504.   Still burning them in before some critical listening and also with other iems.    Thanks for sharing your impressions.

post #255 of 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolutionx View Post

Thanks rudi0504.   Still burning them in before some critical listening and also with other iems.    Thanks for sharing your impressions.

You are welcome evolutionx 

please share your impression too beerchug.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Sony PHA-1 portable DAC/amp