- 16 Posts. Joined 2/2013
- Location: Vinkovci, Croatia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 8/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 2/14/15 at 10:50pm in Computer Audio
Design/durability: Stellar build quality is one of the highlights of the Rockets. Pretty much every feature of it seems indestructible. The L-shaped jack seems very sturdy and has enough strain...
Hi guys, I'm surprised this little gizmo isn't more discussed here on head-fi and I happen to be having a lot of fun with it so I figured a brief review in order to build a discussion here would...
I've been listening with K-10 Customs a year now. Because of the almost total isolation I only use them when flying. They are the best sounding IEM I've ever encountered. IMO, they are really as...
Somic v2 Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to GearBest for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/809323/somic-v2-headphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Somic, the...
Disclaimer: I received this Jays q-Jays as part of the Australian/New Zealand tour that DJScope arranged. This is my honest opinion of the Jays q-Jays, and I am in no way affiliated with or work...
The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here! - Page 4
hey guys I'm new to foobar and i was just wondering does the iPod Manager automatically converts FLAC into ALAC when set to convert to playable format? Or does it convert to AAC?
Due to my studio monitors having the volume knobs on the rear of each unit, I must use digital volume attenuation as adjusting my monitor volume would be extremely inconvenient requiring me to rotate each speaker around to adjust the volume.
Is it best to keep:
Windows volume 100% and adjust foobar volume?
foobar volume 100% and adjust Windows volume?
Which option would lead to the least bit degradation, assuming that this bit degradation is actually perceivable when playing 16 bit 320kbps mp3 files or FLAC or 16 bit CDs (which probably isn't perceivable anyway)?
I'm running an Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G which is giving me insane distortion when Windows volume is anything more than 60% (tried pretty much anything and everything to diagnose, concluded with a bad cap slowly degrading) which will soon be swapped out for an ODAC or Modi on Windows 7.
I just want to know if there's a right or wrong way, or a more preferable or correct way to adjust digital volume given that Windows and foobar both have volume adjustment.
Edited by akinari-kun - 4/30/13 at 1:32am
Once you have an interface or DAC that doesn't distort near 100% I'd set the monitor knobs a bit above what is a comfortable level for you and control the system volume.
foobar2000 vs. windows volume control: it doesn't matter if the DAC doesn't have a digitally controlled analoge volume control, which ODAC/Modi don't have afaik. Else I'd prefer the system volume control.
Edited by xnor - 4/30/13 at 2:47am
I think I may have been misunderstood. What I meant was, since my DAC does not have volume control built in, is it better to lower volume with the Windows volume in the lower right corner of the screen in the taskbar, or lower the volume through my audio player volume slider in foobar to preserve the best quality, if it makes a difference at all?
Have a newer computer running windows8. Have installed WASAPI, it shows in the installed components window, even checked the components folder, it's there but under playback>outputs>device>it's not there. Computer volume and sounds play through the external dac which also indicates no wasapi? Where am I going wrong???
This would be feeding a modi and/or by later next week an aune x1 through usb.
Edited by OiCU812 - 11/30/13 at 9:18am
Upsampling may be used in audio-plugins that do signal processing, especially those with nonlinear effects like compression. Some do a bad job at it, so you can upsampling before, then let the plugin process the higher rate signal, then downsample again.
It can also be used to kinda "bypass" the filter in your DAC or raise the sampling rate to a frequency where the DAC performs a bit better. Both gains are small but measurable.
Resampling to a fixed sampling rate can be used to change the rate of a file to a rate your DAC likes (for example some tracks have 32 kHz but many DACs only support 44.1 kHz and up) or to bypass the Windows audio engine's resampler.
Edited by xnor - 11/30/13 at 9:15pm
- The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here!
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 13 seconds ago
- › Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread 15 seconds ago
- › WTB: E-MU Walnut Lightweight Headphones 35 seconds ago
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid IEMs 51 seconds ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 55 seconds ago
- › Music production/gaming headhpones for 250-300? 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO Releases the X7 Standard Edition (Without Amp Module) 3 minutes ago
- › gym & workout worthy bluetooth iems... 3 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 4 minutes ago
- › Would be upgrade DAC a vast improvement? 5 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...