I have kinda given my mother my Clip+ as I end up preferring my Galaxy Nexus with Poweramp EQ sound to the flat sound of Clip+. I am concerned that I will feel the same about iPod Classic. I have been strictly headphone out only as I prefer not to mess with LOD and amp as that would be another significant spending. I am asking if any fellow head fi er has listened to both Clip+ and IPC and can answer my question in mind. Thanks.
- productApple iPod classic 160 GB Black (7th Generation) NEWEST MODELtagged by System, 8/27/12
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 8/27/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 8/27/12
- productSanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 8/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sansa Clip + vs Zune HD Last post on 8/21/12 at 5:12pm in Portable Source Gear
- looking for new DAP. Last post on 8/19/12 at 9:51pm in Portable Source Gear
- iPod Classic 5.5g vs iPod Classic 7g SQ? Last post on 10/30/12 at 11:45am in Portable Source Gear
- High capacity players? Last post on 7/11/12 at 11:35am in Portable Source Gear
- Query: are there SQ differences between ipod nano vs ipod touch and Clip+ ? Last post on 7/9/12 at 6:43pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
Does the latest iPod Classic sound similar to Clip+?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Without rockboxing, IPC has more power. Clip+ (rockboxed) sound good and can drive earphones way louder than IPC, but also sounds more aggressive than IPC IMO. But the good thing is you can always EQ it. You can also rockbox IPC too which will make it sound identical and have the same functions as the rockboxed clip.
I am sure you heard of that IPC sounds like cold boiled water :) not much of emotions but present music as the way it is.
Edited by tupac0306 - 8/26/12 at 12:54pm
The Clip+ and the iPod Classic are both completely neutral and thus sound the same. The iPod has more output power than the Clip+ (not less) [*], but has a higher output impedance (5.5Ω vs. 0.5Ω) which can affect some headphones / IEMs with non-flat impedance curves. Both can run Rockbox, and you can use Rockbox's EQ.
The Galaxy Nexus doesn't measure as well as either of those and has a worse ouput impedance of 12.5Ω.
[*] european iPods are volume capped though, in order to comply with a french law, but that cap can be removed with Rockbox.
Edited by skamp - 1/23/13 at 3:59am
lmao just because a device is neutral does not mean they will sound exactly the same ;). Just as you can't hear a difference between these devices doesn't mean randomkid can't. Maybe it's just a limitation of your hearing or even your gear :P.
Edited by lee730 - 1/23/13 at 4:04am
What about the soundstage and imaging skampie babes? How come I hear differences in those areas, and timbre, separation, dynamics, note thickness, detailing levels...etc.
I will keep laughing. ;'-)...
There is so much more to it than just squiggly lines on a graph. Even things that can't be appropriately measured yet in relation to human hearing. As H20 mentions there are other factors of sound to take into account such as timbre, imaging, sound stage depth and width, separation, dynamics, note thickness/decay, prat, detailing levels. If one doesn't value these things then one doesn't value music on the level that many of us "supposed audiophiles do". My cousin is a good example of that. Just as most people are. Sound is sound to them. They can't differentiate or more so don't care to. That's ok I could give a rat's-ass what they think. All that matters is the enjoyment I get from my music. After-all it is a hobby for me.
Edited by lee730 - 1/23/13 at 4:15am
- Does the latest iPod Classic sound similar to Clip+?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Alternative to Schiit Asgard 2 2 minutes ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impression and... 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 2 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 3 minutes ago
- › Best Stores in Manhattan to Demo Headphones Before You Buy Them 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 4 minutes ago
- › Senheiser 800 hd 5 minutes ago
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude