I have kinda given my mother my Clip+ as I end up preferring my Galaxy Nexus with Poweramp EQ sound to the flat sound of Clip+. I am concerned that I will feel the same about iPod Classic. I have been strictly headphone out only as I prefer not to mess with LOD and amp as that would be another significant spending. I am asking if any fellow head fi er has listened to both Clip+ and IPC and can answer my question in mind. Thanks.
Related Forum Threads
- Sansa Clip + vs Zune HD Last post on 8/21/12 at 5:12pm in Portable Source Gear
- looking for new DAP. Last post on 8/19/12 at 9:51pm in Portable Source Gear
- iPod Classic 5.5g vs iPod Classic 7g SQ? Last post on 10/30/12 at 11:45am in Portable Source Gear
- High capacity players? Last post on 7/11/12 at 11:35am in Portable Source Gear
- Query: are there SQ differences between ipod nano vs ipod touch and Clip+ ? Last post on 7/9/12 at 6:43pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Edited on 12/28/12
Overview: The Beats Pro is the Beats' top-of-the-line model, with a lofty price tag of $400. However, its price, along with Beats' reputation with being a hated-on brand, hides the fact that...
I got these straight from Japan via Tenso right as Dsnuts got the hype train rolling last fall. Bought 3 pairs, of which I gave one to a colleague (yes,they are so inexpensive you can just give...
The full review can be seen http://www.head-fi.org/t/634760/resonessence-labs-concero-discussion-review-thead/630#post_9465130
Reposting my original review from Amazon.com - these headphones are just too good to be left in the dustbin of history - for instance, I just bought a pair of Monoprice MEP-933, listed everywhere...
Somehow, the Ballad of Jed Clampett comes to mind, as I start to write this. You know, the Beverly Hillbillies. He was living his life, struck gold, and everything changed. That's kind of what...
Does the latest iPod Classic sound similar to Clip+?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Without rockboxing, IPC has more power. Clip+ (rockboxed) sound good and can drive earphones way louder than IPC, but also sounds more aggressive than IPC IMO. But the good thing is you can always EQ it. You can also rockbox IPC too which will make it sound identical and have the same functions as the rockboxed clip.
I am sure you heard of that IPC sounds like cold boiled water :) not much of emotions but present music as the way it is.
Edited by tupac0306 - 8/26/12 at 12:54pm
The Clip+ and the iPod Classic are both completely neutral and thus sound the same. The iPod has more output power than the Clip+ (not less) [*], but has a higher output impedance (5.5Ω vs. 0.5Ω) which can affect some headphones / IEMs with non-flat impedance curves. Both can run Rockbox, and you can use Rockbox's EQ.
The Galaxy Nexus doesn't measure as well as either of those and has a worse ouput impedance of 12.5Ω.
[*] european iPods are volume capped though, in order to comply with a french law, but that cap can be removed with Rockbox.
Edited by skamp - 1/23/13 at 3:59am
lmao just because a device is neutral does not mean they will sound exactly the same ;). Just as you can't hear a difference between these devices doesn't mean randomkid can't. Maybe it's just a limitation of your hearing or even your gear :P.
Edited by lee730 - 1/23/13 at 4:04am
What about the soundstage and imaging skampie babes? How come I hear differences in those areas, and timbre, separation, dynamics, note thickness, detailing levels...etc.
I will keep laughing. ;'-)...
There is so much more to it than just squiggly lines on a graph. Even things that can't be appropriately measured yet in relation to human hearing. As H20 mentions there are other factors of sound to take into account such as timbre, imaging, sound stage depth and width, separation, dynamics, note thickness/decay, prat, detailing levels. If one doesn't value these things then one doesn't value music on the level that many of us "supposed audiophiles do". My cousin is a good example of that. Just as most people are. Sound is sound to them. They can't differentiate or more so don't care to. That's ok I could give a rat's-ass what they think. All that matters is the enjoyment I get from my music. After-all it is a hobby for me.
Edited by lee730 - 1/23/13 at 4:15am
- Does the latest iPod Classic sound similar to Clip+?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › IEM nozzle comparison 2 minutes ago
- › Grado headphone equivialnt in speakers 2 minutes ago
- › Mid-Fi upgrade over Beyerdynamic DT770s for all genres 3 minutes ago
- › Heir Audio 5.0 Impressions/Comparison/Review Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 6 minutes ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 8 minutes ago
- › Let's Catch A Thief!! (Update: CAUGHT!) 10 minutes ago
- › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced... 12 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V6 13 minutes ago
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe