I have kinda given my mother my Clip+ as I end up preferring my Galaxy Nexus with Poweramp EQ sound to the flat sound of Clip+. I am concerned that I will feel the same about iPod Classic. I have been strictly headphone out only as I prefer not to mess with LOD and amp as that would be another significant spending. I am asking if any fellow head fi er has listened to both Clip+ and IPC and can answer my question in mind. Thanks.
Related Forum Threads
- Sansa Clip + vs Zune HD Last post on 8/21/12 at 5:12pm in Portable Source Gear
- looking for new DAP. Last post on 8/19/12 at 9:51pm in Portable Source Gear
- iPod Classic 5.5g vs iPod Classic 7g SQ? Last post on 10/30/12 at 11:45am in Portable Source Gear
- High capacity players? Last post on 7/11/12 at 11:35am in Portable Source Gear
- Query: are there SQ differences between ipod nano vs ipod touch and Clip+ ? Last post on 7/9/12 at 6:43pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Edited on 12/28/12
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
I agree w most reviews that these does not warrant the $499 MSRP. (Then rather opt for D5k, D7k). BUT - at the +-$230 range I got them at (Amazon warehouse) - these are VERY good value for...
Disclaimer- This review has been written based on past 2 year’s observations. I am not a part of the audio industry or trade and I represent no one but myself, and this review is written...
Does the latest iPod Classic sound similar to Clip+?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Without rockboxing, IPC has more power. Clip+ (rockboxed) sound good and can drive earphones way louder than IPC, but also sounds more aggressive than IPC IMO. But the good thing is you can always EQ it. You can also rockbox IPC too which will make it sound identical and have the same functions as the rockboxed clip.
I am sure you heard of that IPC sounds like cold boiled water :) not much of emotions but present music as the way it is.
Edited by tupac0306 - 8/26/12 at 12:54pm
The Clip+ and the iPod Classic are both completely neutral and thus sound the same. The iPod has more output power than the Clip+ (not less) [*], but has a higher output impedance (5.5Ω vs. 0.5Ω) which can affect some headphones / IEMs with non-flat impedance curves. Both can run Rockbox, and you can use Rockbox's EQ.
The Galaxy Nexus doesn't measure as well as either of those and has a worse ouput impedance of 12.5Ω.
[*] european iPods are volume capped though, in order to comply with a french law, but that cap can be removed with Rockbox.
Edited by skamp - 1/23/13 at 3:59am
lmao just because a device is neutral does not mean they will sound exactly the same ;). Just as you can't hear a difference between these devices doesn't mean randomkid can't. Maybe it's just a limitation of your hearing or even your gear :P.
Edited by lee730 - 1/23/13 at 4:04am
What about the soundstage and imaging skampie babes? How come I hear differences in those areas, and timbre, separation, dynamics, note thickness, detailing levels...etc.
I will keep laughing. ;'-)...
There is so much more to it than just squiggly lines on a graph. Even things that can't be appropriately measured yet in relation to human hearing. As H20 mentions there are other factors of sound to take into account such as timbre, imaging, sound stage depth and width, separation, dynamics, note thickness/decay, prat, detailing levels. If one doesn't value these things then one doesn't value music on the level that many of us "supposed audiophiles do". My cousin is a good example of that. Just as most people are. Sound is sound to them. They can't differentiate or more so don't care to. That's ok I could give a rat's-ass what they think. All that matters is the enjoyment I get from my music. After-all it is a hobby for me.
Edited by lee730 - 1/23/13 at 4:15am
- Does the latest iPod Classic sound similar to Clip+?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Questions about Ohm 43 seconds ago
- › What's the ATH-M50 of IEMs? 1 minute ago
- › First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p 1 minute ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 1 minute ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with crazy low prices (including... 1 minute ago
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 2 minutes ago
- › London Calling...19th October, 2013. 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - a review in progress with updated impressions on... 2 minutes ago
- › The Playstation 4 3 minutes ago
- › philips fidelio x1 vs hifiman he-400 (stronger natural midrange?) 3 minutes ago
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe