I have kinda given my mother my Clip+ as I end up preferring my Galaxy Nexus with Poweramp EQ sound to the flat sound of Clip+. I am concerned that I will feel the same about iPod Classic. I have been strictly headphone out only as I prefer not to mess with LOD and amp as that would be another significant spending. I am asking if any fellow head fi er has listened to both Clip+ and IPC and can answer my question in mind. Thanks.
- productApple iPod classic 160 GB Black (7th Generation) NEWEST MODELtagged by System, 8/27/12
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 8/27/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 8/27/12
- productSanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 8/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sansa Clip + vs Zune HD Last post on 8/21/12 at 5:12pm in Portable Source Gear
- looking for new DAP. Last post on 8/19/12 at 9:51pm in Portable Source Gear
- iPod Classic 5.5g vs iPod Classic 7g SQ? Last post on 10/30/12 at 11:45am in Portable Source Gear
- High capacity players? Last post on 7/11/12 at 11:35am in Portable Source Gear
- Query: are there SQ differences between ipod nano vs ipod touch and Clip+ ? Last post on 7/9/12 at 6:43pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
These earbuds were my first "serious" earbuds and they dissapointed me pretty soon. Everything was perfect until one morning I went out plugged them in and found that the cable was disconnected...
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
Does the latest iPod Classic sound similar to Clip+?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Without rockboxing, IPC has more power. Clip+ (rockboxed) sound good and can drive earphones way louder than IPC, but also sounds more aggressive than IPC IMO. But the good thing is you can always EQ it. You can also rockbox IPC too which will make it sound identical and have the same functions as the rockboxed clip.
I am sure you heard of that IPC sounds like cold boiled water :) not much of emotions but present music as the way it is.
Edited by tupac0306 - 8/26/12 at 12:54pm
The Clip+ and the iPod Classic are both completely neutral and thus sound the same. The iPod has more output power than the Clip+ (not less) [*], but has a higher output impedance (5.5Ω vs. 0.5Ω) which can affect some headphones / IEMs with non-flat impedance curves. Both can run Rockbox, and you can use Rockbox's EQ.
The Galaxy Nexus doesn't measure as well as either of those and has a worse ouput impedance of 12.5Ω.
[*] european iPods are volume capped though, in order to comply with a french law, but that cap can be removed with Rockbox.
Edited by skamp - 1/23/13 at 3:59am
lmao just because a device is neutral does not mean they will sound exactly the same ;). Just as you can't hear a difference between these devices doesn't mean randomkid can't. Maybe it's just a limitation of your hearing or even your gear :P.
Edited by lee730 - 1/23/13 at 4:04am
What about the soundstage and imaging skampie babes? How come I hear differences in those areas, and timbre, separation, dynamics, note thickness, detailing levels...etc.
I will keep laughing. ;'-)...
There is so much more to it than just squiggly lines on a graph. Even things that can't be appropriately measured yet in relation to human hearing. As H20 mentions there are other factors of sound to take into account such as timbre, imaging, sound stage depth and width, separation, dynamics, note thickness/decay, prat, detailing levels. If one doesn't value these things then one doesn't value music on the level that many of us "supposed audiophiles do". My cousin is a good example of that. Just as most people are. Sound is sound to them. They can't differentiate or more so don't care to. That's ok I could give a rat's-ass what they think. All that matters is the enjoyment I get from my music. After-all it is a hobby for me.
Edited by lee730 - 1/23/13 at 4:15am
- Does the latest iPod Classic sound similar to Clip+?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The future format of Headfi Meets- avoiding growing pains. 16 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica Sale! A1000X & AD2000X 1 minute ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 1 minute ago
- › RHA - MA750 vs. Shure SE215 vs. Yamaha EPH-100 2 minutes ago
- › Topping VX1... anybody try it yet? 2 minutes ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic A200P High-End Portable DAC 2 minutes ago
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob