Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! - Page 29

post #421 of 1363

So if you use the 11.32 through the SPDIF, you don't need the to install the drivers? I think m laptop has a SPDIF in the 3.5mm jack, would this be better to use than the USB?

post #422 of 1363

Most would probably tell you that the USB input is better for sound quality.  I use the s/pdif input strictly out of personal preference.

post #423 of 1363

i forgot that there were a lot of jumpers which came with the 11.32... i am guessing that they are not for external use... so what is their purpose and any tutorial to how to use them?? i want to play around a bit... can they change the sound signature or something?? i would really like to know...


Edited by h4mm3r 0f th0r - 2/13/13 at 2:11pm
post #424 of 1363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlav View Post

Just remember before you buy this that the driver situation is not the most organized or user friendly.

Unless of course one uses a MAC and then there is no issues at all.

post #425 of 1363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingwa View Post

There are the class A discrete amps built in, not OPA chips.

So the power spend is more than built by OPA chips .

The temperature increase around 25 Celsius while after 30 minutes.

Keep it have not other things cover on top is enough safe for working a lot years.

I have do the test with other people of the temperature, usually hotter than 45 Celsius, the people feel quite warm.

If hotter than 55 Celsius, hold on and more than 1 minunte, the finger feel inacceptable .

If more than 65 Celsius, the finger wish take away after 10 seconds .

Some class A amp even have 80 Celsius on the heatsink like the old KRELL.

In compare, the NFB11.32 just cool.


Thank you for your answer!

There are 6 power supplies on 11.32: two of them made with discrete transistors, 3 made with some 317 IC's, and 1 made with 7805 IC.

Reading audio-gd site, I presume first 2 discrete transistor sources were made for analog part (class A amps). They are really cold!

I am worried about the other 4 sources. They are hot! At least two of those hot sources are for digital part.

 

I've made some measurements. There is nothing wrong with electronic design.

I think it's about case. This compact design has a glitch: NO VENTILATION! That's wrong for electronic parts.

I admire your courage to offer 10 years warranty.

And talking about KRELL, I wish Audio-GD to reach the same level, although at this moment there is a long distance. Which is valid for our pockets too!

post #426 of 1363

We have do the vents test, it only can lower 3 Celsius on inside or outside.

The unit is applied full aluminium chassis, so can have better heat follow .

For the electric products, the dust may cause the problems more than the heat.


Edited by Kingwa - 2/13/13 at 9:02pm
post #427 of 1363
Originally Posted by Jlav View Post

Just remember before you buy this that the driver situation is not the most organized or user friendly.

Unless of course one uses a MAC and then there is no issues at all.

 

excellent point. If only I could afford one confused_face.gif


Edited by Jlav - 2/13/13 at 10:59pm
post #428 of 1363
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4mm3r 0f th0r View Post

i forgot that there were a lot of jumpers which came with the 11.32... i am guessing that they are not for external use... so what is their purpose and any tutorial to how to use them?? i want to play around a bit... can they change the sound signature or something?? i would really like to know...


anything for me?? or should i read the whole thread??

post #429 of 1363
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4mm3r 0f th0r View Post


anything for me?? or should i read the whole thread??

 

Kingwa includes them on lots of gear.  They are for internal use in changing various settings.  I have not opened up my NFB-11.32 or NFB-15.1 since most settings are changed from the front plate.  I did open up my NFB-16 to change the dac and line in gain.

 

The jumpers are generic I'm guessing and you can use them with other gear.  My LD I+ uses the jumpers to choose from tube families.

 

Here is a pic of the 11.32 (output can be changed with jumpers) and of the NFB-16.

 

Cheers!!!

 

NFB-11.32

 

 

 

 

 

NFB-16

 

 

 


Edited by HeatFan12 - 2/14/13 at 12:40pm
post #430 of 1363
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatFan12 View Post

Kingwa includes them on lots of gear.  They are for internal use in changing various settings.  I have not opened up my NFB-11.32 or NFB-15.1 since most settings are changed from the front plate.  I did open up my NFB-16 to change the dac and line in gain.

 


Hi Heatfan, can you please draw a comparison between the NFB-11 and NFB-15, how do they differ from each other and which one sounds better with the HD650 and D5000 in your opinion? cheers

post #431 of 1363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okamoto View Post

Does anyone know how it pairs with the HE-400's?

 

Well, I love that combo. I had the NFB-11, first with HD650 and then DT990s/600. I preferred the 990s, just seemed more alive.

 

When the 11.32 arrived, the HE-400 came right after them. Compared to the DT990s, the had the same open alive sound, but a much better and more controlled bass.

post #432 of 1363
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by willmax View Post


Hi Heatfan, can you please draw a comparison between the NFB-11 and NFB-15, how do they differ from each other and which one sounds better with the HD650 and D5000 in your opinion? cheers

 

Hey willmax,

 

I have since separated them, with the 11.32 pulling duty with W8 and the 15.1 with a Vista laptop.  Both have tube amps connected to them as well for the best of both sonic worlds.....lol...

 

Both are solid units, great sound, with the 11.32 getting the nod for detail retrieval and clarity.  As far as phones, I have connected a variety and neither disappoint no matter what's plugged in.  The 15.1 (TE8802) does not play well with W8.  I believe Tenor is putting out a driver update next month and hopefully will correct this.

 

Cheers!!!

post #433 of 1363

Is it possible to use a general equalizer via usb? I'm not talking about a player (i.e. winamp or foobar) equalizer, but something that works also with youtube or videogames.
 

post #434 of 1363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cya|\| View Post

Is it possible to use a general equalizer via usb? I'm not talking about a player (i.e. winamp or foobar) equalizer, but something that works also with youtube or videogames.
 

What OS are you using? I'm assuming Windows, if so i don't know.

However if you are using Mac OS X you could try SoundFlower and the AUGraphicEQ. http://www.dctrwatson.com/2011/06/os-x-system-equalizer/
post #435 of 1363
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaselock View Post


What OS are you using? I'm assuming Windows, if so i don't know.

However if you are using Mac OS X you could try SoundFlower and the AUGraphicEQ. http://www.dctrwatson.com/2011/06/os-x-system-equalizer/

 

Yep, I'm using windows.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!