or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! - Page 129

post #1921 of 1935

I just got my NFB11 today. After installing the driver as per manual, I reached to this step where I need to select the device. 

I connect my NFB11 via USB, but there is no "audio-gd USB audio". Instead there is only "SPDIF Interface". 

Input selection on the device is currently set to USB.

 

Tried changing to a different USB port but it still shows no USB in the VIA ASIO program. 

 

Hopefully someone can help me setup this device. 

Thanks in advance! :)

 

post #1922 of 1935

That's normal. It'll show up as a SPDIF Interface device despite being connected via USB. It'll show up the same way in Foobar and Windows Sound Control Panel (Playback tab).

post #1923 of 1935
Quote:
Originally Posted by sf10 View Post
 

That's normal. It'll show up as a SPDIF Interface device despite being connected via USB. It'll show up the same way in Foobar and Windows Sound Control Panel (Playback tab).

Thanks! 

Also, because all playback will use the VIA ASIO driver, setting in the Windows audio device properties won't apply, correct?

post #1924 of 1935

I am thinking about getting this amp/dac together with a HD600. Do they pair well?

Do you guys think the NFB-15 would be a better pair even if I plan to eventually get a Bottlehead Crack and use only the DAC from this unit?

post #1925 of 1935
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunoyujikc View Post
 

I am thinking about getting this amp/dac together with a HD600. Do they pair well?

Do you guys think the NFB-15 would be a better pair even if I plan to eventually get a Bottlehead Crack and use only the DAC from this unit?

 

 

I don't own the HD600s but the HD580 & HD650 both sound very good!

 

Cheers!

 

 

Just upgraded to W10.  All settings stayed intact.  The VIA Asio is not working at the moment though.  Gotta play with it a bit.  KS, ASIO4ALL, WASAPI event all work flawlessly.

post #1926 of 1935
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatFan12 View Post

Just upgraded to W10.  All settings stayed intact.  The VIA Asio is not working at the moment though.  Gotta play with it a bit.  KS, ASIO4ALL, WASAPI event all work flawlessly.

I just upgraded to Windows 10 as well this week (from Windows 7). I use the NFB-11 connected via USB, and it continued to work without adjustment after the upgrade. Using WASAPI with Media Monkey, and no problems there either.
post #1927 of 1935
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post


I just upgraded to Windows 10 as well this week (from Windows 7). I use the NFB-11 connected via USB, and it continued to work without adjustment after the upgrade. Using WASAPI with Media Monkey, and no problems there either.

 

 

Great to hear!  I was reading on another thread that some folks were having a bit of a problem, but can't remember if it was a clean install or a new pc or upgrade.  I upgraded from W8.1.

 

I even moved the 11.32 earlier today coz I really was not looking forward to messing with it after the upgrade.  lol...   I have the original 11.32 and can't even remember what firmware I have.  I know I flashed it a while ago.

 

I even think that I gave up on the VIA ASIO last year altogether and just basically use mostly KS.

 

Here was the temporary home of the 11.32 before the upgrade, but alas it is now back on the desktop where it belongs...

 

:beerchug:

 

 

post #1928 of 1935
I was a little nervous about the W10 upgrade, but decided just to let Windows go with it and see what happened. Figured if I needed a clean install, well, I'd do one later.

Love seeing that iBasso DX on the NFB-11 in your pic. I took my DX50 as my only source for my NFB-11 to the last head-fi gtg I went to. Great combo. Deserves another beerchug.gif
post #1929 of 1935
Thread Starter 

Cheers cel!!!!!

 

Yes, the DX50 rocks.  Great sound and flexibility.  I just wish getting a coax cable with male rca to male mini was more readily available.  Would like about a one or two footer one.  Blue Jean Cables can make 'em, just have not gotten around to order it.  A foot goes for about $23.

post #1930 of 1935
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatFan12 View Post

Cheers cel!!!!!

Yes, the DX50 rocks.  Great sound and flexibility.  I just wish getting a coax cable with male rca to male mini was more readily available.  Would like about a one or two footer one.  Blue Jean Cables can make 'em, just have not gotten around to order it.  A foot goes for about $23.

I think all you need is a 3.5mm Mono Plug to RCA adapter, and then you can use any decent digital coaxial cable: http://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=102&cp_id=10236
post #1931 of 1935
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post


I think all you need is a 3.5mm Mono Plug to RCA adapter, and then you can use any decent digital coaxial cable: http://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=102&cp_id=10236

 

 

Great idea.  I have those coax cables from monoprice.  I guess this should do http://www.monoprice.com/Search/Index?keyword=3.5mm+Mono+Plug+to+RCA+adapter.  Gonna give it a shot.

 

Thanks

 

EDIT: Speaking about DXs cel..., look what I came across on the portable source sub.  I'm sure you've seen it.  hahahaha

 

DX80!

 

 


Edited by HeatFan12 - 8/7/15 at 5:22pm
post #1932 of 1935
Nice! DX80. Hope they put a big amp in it smily_headphones1.gif
post #1933 of 1935
Spoke too soon. Did end up with an audio problem. YouTube audio would not work with the NFB-11. Had to uninstall my Realtek drivers and disable the onboard audio, and now it's fine. So seems like a Realtek conflict issue. I never use the mic input on this computer, so I don't really need the Realtek onboard audio anyway.
post #1934 of 1935
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

Spoke too soon. Did end up with an audio problem. YouTube audio would not work with the NFB-11. Had to uninstall my Realtek drivers and disable the onboard audio, and now it's fine. So seems like a Realtek conflict issue. I never use the mic input on this computer, so I don't really need the Realtek onboard audio anyway.

 

 

Good to hear you sorted it out cel...

 

A new OS comes out and we have to scramble little by little to see what works.  The journey is awesome!  So far for me, all good with W10.

 

Received that mono plug adapter and it works flawlessly with a coax cable into the DX50.  Thanks for that!  No more having the DX50 perched upon the rear of the dac...lol

 

Cheers!!!

post #1935 of 1935
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatFan12 View Post


Good to hear you sorted it out cel...

A new OS comes out and we have to scramble little by little to see what works.  The journey is awesome!  So far for me, all good with W10.

Received that mono plug adapter and it works flawlessly with a coax cable into the DX50.  Thanks for that!  No more having the DX50 perched upon the rear of the dac...lol

Cheers!!!

I'm enjoying W10. Usually I'll wait six months to let the OS and 3rd party software and drivers to stabilize a little more, but it's been very good for a brand new release. And certainly much improved over Windows 8 (lol) (which I skipped, btw)

Glad that worked for you. It's always nice when the simple, cheap easy fix solves a problem. smily_headphones1.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!