Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! - Page 103

post #1531 of 1542
That's a very good point! I'll look into how many dBs I can reduce by... It just doesn't sound as good that way or maybe I'm just convincing myself it's bad
post #1532 of 1542

I noticed that when using USB my computer will BSOD nonstop if I use the integrated USB 2.0 ports from the Intel chipset. If I use the USB3.0 ports (Eltron), then I don't get BSOD. The first 1 sec of playback is always skipped on USB. Using optical now. Also, I thought using optical completely bypasses the onboard sound card but I can still change the volume with Windows volume slider. Is this normal?


Edited by godlyatheist - 12/16/14 at 1:29pm
post #1533 of 1542

Do I need a more powerful amp/dac?  I have a senn hd650 and have it cranked up all the way and it's loud but I want it to be louder. Any audio gd recommendations for more juice but the same sound?

post #1534 of 1542
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasf1 View Post

Do I need a more powerful amp/dac?  I have a senn hd650 and have it cranked up all the way and it's loud but I want it to be louder. Any audio gd recommendations for more juice but the same sound?
How is that possible? At 25% it's more than loud enough for me with the HD650. I'd be going dead at 40-50% on fire volume know. Are you sure your music player and system settings have the correct volume?
post #1535 of 1542
Quote:
Originally Posted by godlyatheist View Post


How is that possible? At 25% it's more than loud enough for me with the HD650. I'd be going dead at 40-50% on fire volume know. Are you sure your music player and system settings have the correct volume?

Maybe his source has a weaker power output. Like a phone, portable player, anything that runs off a battery, etc.

post #1536 of 1542
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post

Maybe his source has a weaker power output. Like a phone, portable player, anything that runs off a battery, etc.
I thought he meant having to turn the volume know to max on his current audio gd amp. He's asking for another audio gd with same sound signature but more power.
post #1537 of 1542
Quote:
Originally Posted by godlyatheist View Post


I thought he meant having to turn the volume know to max on his current audio gd amp. He's asking for another audio gd with same sound signature but more power.

I dunno. His source is not listed on his profile. If I knew that, that'd make it easier.

post #1538 of 1542

Finally my audio gd nfb 11 made his way to my desk! It sounds very good!!! for my tastes at least, but the pop sound and the loss of the first two seconds when changing tracks(yourself) made me grin my teeth.

But wait! here's the solution!

http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_dsp_silence

 

Install this and in foobar preferences - playback - DSP manager-chose affix silence.

Configure it so it has silence before (milliseconds) 2000 and silence after (milliseconds) 0.

 

This solved my nitpick with this awesome amp/dac unit.

Hope it'll help.

post #1539 of 1542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heprer View Post
 

Finally my audio gd nfb 11 made his way to my desk! It sounds very good!!! for my tastes at least, but the pop sound and the loss of the first two seconds when changing tracks(yourself) made me grin my teeth.

But wait! here's the solution!

http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_dsp_silence

 

Install this and in foobar preferences - playback - DSP manager-chose affix silence.

Configure it so it has silence before (milliseconds) 2000 and silence after (milliseconds) 0.

 

This solved my nitpick with this awesome amp/dac unit.

Hope it'll help.

I wish I had known that before going optical. I'll leave mine on optical since I don't want to lose an USB3.0 port to the dac. Bookmarked this for the future.

post #1540 of 1542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingwa View Post
The VIA engineers informed us that the VIA chip only supports Linux on X86 chipsets and not on ARM chipsets.

 

Thanks all for your help and advice.

 

Does it mean the new VIA VT 1731 isn't able to support ARM Linux based computers  (plugcomputers or NAS) ?

 

If yes, why not using XMOS chip wich works well on any device ?


Edited by schuetz - 12/18/14 at 6:15am
post #1541 of 1542
Quote:
Originally Posted by schuetz View Post
 

 

Does it mean the new VIA VT 1731 isn't able to support ARM Linux based computers  (plugcomputers or NAS) ?

 

If yes, why not using XMOS chip wich works well on any device ?


I wonder that as well, since like you said has wide range of support. It shouldn't be too hard to make a adapter like the VIA and place the xmos chip on it, since the Usb chip is replaceable. Unless there's more to it then just doing that.

post #1542 of 1542
Quote:
Originally Posted by genclaymore View Post


I wonder that as well, since like you said has wide range of support. It shouldn't be too hard to make a adapter like the VIA and place the xmos chip on it, since the Usb chip is replaceable. Unless there's more to it then just doing that.
I believe Kingwa already tried the XMOS chip but did not like the resulting sound. That is what I read.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!