Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! - Page 78

post #1156 of 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastpac View Post
 

A local retailer stocks the NFB 11.32/15.32 but said they don't keep many in store (they just order as people ask) as Kingwa always makes changes to the specifications. is there is list of past changes? or how often these occur/what these changes mean? 


You could directly place an order to Audio GD. It is very quick and fast. It is better to contact Kingwa directly, if you want custom option such as, tcxo upgrade. I have been looking 11.32/15.32 for about 3 months. There have been no changes made. I guess there were some issues in the past.

post #1157 of 1423

I always like buying things directly but for some reason this retailer (quite reputable) sells the 15.32 just a tad lower than the cost of shipping/currency exchange to Australia with a 1 yr warranty (and 11.32 slightly over currency/shipping costs). He had one in stock, just wanted to find out if they were selling old revisions, but if no changes were made within the last 3 months, it should be quite safe. I couldn't really find a part on the Audio-GD website that lists the revision changes. 

post #1158 of 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinstein View Post
 


You could directly place an order to Audio GD. It is very quick and fast. It is better to contact Kingwa directly, if you want custom option such as, tcxo upgrade. I have been looking 11.32/15.32 for about 3 months. There have been no changes made. I guess there were some issues in the past.

what issues they have?

post #1159 of 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri87 View Post
 

what issues they have?

 

Browse from page 31 to 36 in this thread.....

http://www.head-fi.org/t/624517/audio-gd-nfb-11-32-delivery-impression-thread/480#post_9310236


However, the problems mentioned in the above link are mainly due to audio gd 11.32 was used by some other program (such as, skype or Internet browser or vlc player). Foobar works well when other programs do not use the audio gd.

post #1160 of 1423

i see. Anyway I wanna ask is it ok to use NFB 11.32 with a powered speaker like Swan M200MKIII? I understand that M200MKIII already has an inbuilt amplifier, so will it be ok if I still pair it with NFB 11.32, which also has an inbuilt amp?

post #1161 of 1423

Yes I can confirm the use of NFB11.32 with active powered speakers but make sure it's switched to variable output. That means you can control the volume from NFB11.32

post #1162 of 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisk View Post
 

Yes I can confirm the use of NFB11.32 with active powered speakers but make sure it's switched to variable output. That means you can control the volume from NFB11.32

 

This is what I do with my airmotiv4s. It works and sounds great. 

post #1163 of 1423

how to switch to variable output?

post #1164 of 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri87 View Post
 

how to switch to variable output?

The middle notch on the left switch is Variable output. It's labeled on the unit. 

post #1165 of 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder Mike View Post
 

The middle notch on the left switch is Variable output. It's labeled on the unit. 

 

ok thanks. cos i've not bought it yet, so i've no clue where is the switch :tongue_smile: 


Edited by Capri87 - 1/22/14 at 7:55am
post #1166 of 1423

I see that there are 2 custom options to this DAC. :-

 

1) Replace the RCA coaxial input by BNC socket

 

2) Upgrade TCXO for USB chip and ES9018

 

May I know what are these 2 about? Is it advisable to upgrade them?

post #1167 of 1423

Buy both the TXCO's if you're planning on alternating between using SPDIF and USB. Most people get both; it's meant to reduce jitter (and other 'stuff', but it's exact role is nebulous). Opting for a BNC socket would be a rare preference for most, so I'd leave it.

post #1168 of 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaLX View Post
 

Buy both the TXCO's if you're planning on alternating between using SPDIF and USB. Most people get both; it's meant to reduce jitter (and other 'stuff', but it's exact role is nebulous). Opting for a BNC socket would be a rare preference for most, so I'd leave it.

sorry for the noob question, and what is a SPDIF? If opting for a BNC is a rare preference, then why did you say most people get both? I'm confused lol

post #1169 of 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri87 View Post
 

sorry for the noob question, and what is a SPDIF? If opting for a BNC is a rare preference, then why did you say most people get both? I'm confused lol


http://en.wikipedia.org/?title=S/PDIF

most people get both clocks upgraded, not the BNC change.

post #1170 of 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 


http://en.wikipedia.org/?title=S/PDIF

most people get both clocks upgraded, not the BNC change.

u mean most people just go for both custom options?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!