- 217 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ODAC , or Audio-GD NFB-11.32 (as DAC) , Anybody? Last post on 4/17/13 at 5:45am in Dedicated Source Components
- What headphone DAC/Amps use the ESS Sabre DAC chip? Last post on 10/3/12 at 11:48pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Audio-GD NFB-12 Last post on 2/9/17 at 11:14am in Dedicated Source Components
- NFB-11 or NFB-11.32: What's the difference? Last post on 1/21/15 at 9:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the Audio GD NFB-11 (2014) a clear improvement over the EHP-O2 (O2+ODAC) driving an HE-500? Last post on 5/9/15 at 4:47pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! - Page 73post #1081 of 242210/25/13 at 4:45pmWhat does it sound like on fixed? I didnt notice a difference on my speakers except for convenience of the variable
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1082 of 242210/25/13 at 5:11pmpost #1083 of 242210/25/13 at 6:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by jerg
Actually I think on VARIABLE output mode, The RCA out also passes through the amp section. That would explain why I can 1) change the volume out of RCA output, and 2) that it matches the volume of the 6.5mm out.
If that's the case then the only difference is the difference between RCA and stereo jack.
I sure hope this isn't true, may be Kingwa can clarify?
If it's true though, it probably means that the difference in sound between 6.5mm and DAC out was all in our heads.post #1084 of 242210/25/13 at 9:15pmQuote:
I already sent him an email earlier today.
Haha yep he relied to my emailQuote:The NFB11.32 RCA output have same as the 6.5MM output, just through a relay select which output is available.I think maybe the addition cable make the sound a little change but suite your taste.Kingwa
Expectation bias got us!
Edited by jerg - 10/25/13 at 9:16pmpost #1085 of 242210/26/13 at 5:19amQuote:The NFB11.32 RCA output have same as the 6.5MM output, just through a relay select which output is available.I think maybe the addition cable make the sound a little change but suite your taste.Kingwa
What about the fixed DAC out? Is it still clean?post #1086 of 242211/12/13 at 12:04pm
So when I use foobar 2k this dac sounds great, but when I use winamp or itunes i get a loud clicking that alternates between the right and loud side. Not sure what this is. Any idea?post #1087 of 242211/12/13 at 12:34pmQuote:
I'm going to make a guess(?) that Foobar2000, with the WASAPI component plug in, sends a digital audio signal that bypasses other audio features.
Where as Winamp and iTunes digital audio signal might be interfacing with other "unneeded" audio features.
So maybe there is setting or something you can add to Winamp and iTunes to make a cleaner digital audio signal?
Are you connecting the 11.32 using USB or optical or coaxial?
Edited by PurpleAngel - 11/12/13 at 12:35pmpost #1088 of 242211/12/13 at 12:47pmpost #1089 of 242211/12/13 at 1:42pm
I'm using it with usb. I thought it might be wasapi, but it doesn't have the annoying clicking sound when I use foobar without wasapi, only DS. I don't know of any itunes plug ins that could solve this. I'm on pc btw so I can't get amarra or anything like that
Edited by PanamaHat - 11/12/13 at 1:45pmpost #1090 of 242211/15/13 at 4:08pmpost #1091 of 242211/15/13 at 7:14pm
I'm thinking of buying the NFB 11.32 to replace my O2/ODAC combo. Will this be much of an upgrade? I'll be using Sennheiser HD800s.
How does the NFD 11.32's volume knob feel? I want an easy to grip knob that turns easily and very smoothly. My O2/ODAC's volume knob is the complete opposite and is leaving me itching for an upgrade for that reason alone.
Edited by zowki - 11/15/13 at 7:22pmpost #1092 of 242211/15/13 at 7:32pm
knob feels good... the biggest difference was the 11.32 has much better dynamics and noticeably better detail... it is very transparent though, some people may or may not like this lol... its a good upgrade...post #1093 of 242211/15/13 at 7:42pmQuote:
How easy is it to turn the knob and how good is the grip? A good feeling knob and well lubricated potentiometer is very important for me. I need very precise volume tracking and control.post #1094 of 242211/15/13 at 7:45pm
Good lol its has some texture on the sides and the action feels smooth, honestly though I'm not picky about knobs... for instance the o2 knob was sufficient though a little stiff.post #1095 of 242211/16/13 at 4:11pm
Turns out the 11.32 is REALLY sensitive to the cleanness of the power input. If I plug it on a power extension bar along with my PC / speakers / printer etc, the 11.32 would occasionally start having an oscillating "pop, pop" noise on top of music. But if I plug the 11.32 straight into the wall jack, that issue is just gone.
- Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › 786 (((( 09829916185 )))) black magic <<<<< vashikaran >>>>>... 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 6 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - Newer Thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 8 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 8 minutes ago
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear