- 212 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ODAC , or Audio-GD NFB-11.32 (as DAC) , Anybody? Last post on 4/17/13 at 5:45am in Dedicated Source Components
- What headphone DAC/Amps use the ESS Sabre DAC chip? Last post on 10/3/12 at 11:48pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Audio-GD NFB-12 Last post on 1/18/17 at 5:35am in Dedicated Source Components
- NFB-11 or NFB-11.32: What's the difference? Last post on 1/21/15 at 9:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the Audio GD NFB-11 (2014) a clear improvement over the EHP-O2 (O2+ODAC) driving an HE-500? Last post on 5/9/15 at 4:47pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
Budget audiophile brand Brainwavz Audio is back at it, closing out 2016 and kicking off 2017 with a bevy of new earphone offerings. Their timing was just right. Shortly before leaving for an...
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! - Page 73post #1081 of 235310/25/13 at 4:45pmWhat does it sound like on fixed? I didnt notice a difference on my speakers except for convenience of the variable
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1082 of 235310/25/13 at 5:11pmpost #1083 of 235310/25/13 at 6:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by jerg
Actually I think on VARIABLE output mode, The RCA out also passes through the amp section. That would explain why I can 1) change the volume out of RCA output, and 2) that it matches the volume of the 6.5mm out.
If that's the case then the only difference is the difference between RCA and stereo jack.
I sure hope this isn't true, may be Kingwa can clarify?
If it's true though, it probably means that the difference in sound between 6.5mm and DAC out was all in our heads.post #1084 of 235310/25/13 at 9:15pmQuote:
I already sent him an email earlier today.
Haha yep he relied to my emailQuote:The NFB11.32 RCA output have same as the 6.5MM output, just through a relay select which output is available.I think maybe the addition cable make the sound a little change but suite your taste.Kingwa
Expectation bias got us!
Edited by jerg - 10/25/13 at 9:16pmpost #1085 of 235310/26/13 at 5:19amQuote:The NFB11.32 RCA output have same as the 6.5MM output, just through a relay select which output is available.I think maybe the addition cable make the sound a little change but suite your taste.Kingwa
What about the fixed DAC out? Is it still clean?post #1086 of 235311/12/13 at 12:04pm
So when I use foobar 2k this dac sounds great, but when I use winamp or itunes i get a loud clicking that alternates between the right and loud side. Not sure what this is. Any idea?post #1087 of 235311/12/13 at 12:34pmQuote:
I'm going to make a guess(?) that Foobar2000, with the WASAPI component plug in, sends a digital audio signal that bypasses other audio features.
Where as Winamp and iTunes digital audio signal might be interfacing with other "unneeded" audio features.
So maybe there is setting or something you can add to Winamp and iTunes to make a cleaner digital audio signal?
Are you connecting the 11.32 using USB or optical or coaxial?
Edited by PurpleAngel - 11/12/13 at 12:35pmpost #1088 of 235311/12/13 at 12:47pmpost #1089 of 235311/12/13 at 1:42pm
I'm using it with usb. I thought it might be wasapi, but it doesn't have the annoying clicking sound when I use foobar without wasapi, only DS. I don't know of any itunes plug ins that could solve this. I'm on pc btw so I can't get amarra or anything like that
Edited by PanamaHat - 11/12/13 at 1:45pmpost #1090 of 235311/15/13 at 4:08pmpost #1091 of 235311/15/13 at 7:14pm
I'm thinking of buying the NFB 11.32 to replace my O2/ODAC combo. Will this be much of an upgrade? I'll be using Sennheiser HD800s.
How does the NFD 11.32's volume knob feel? I want an easy to grip knob that turns easily and very smoothly. My O2/ODAC's volume knob is the complete opposite and is leaving me itching for an upgrade for that reason alone.
Edited by zowki - 11/15/13 at 7:22pmpost #1092 of 235311/15/13 at 7:32pm
knob feels good... the biggest difference was the 11.32 has much better dynamics and noticeably better detail... it is very transparent though, some people may or may not like this lol... its a good upgrade...post #1093 of 235311/15/13 at 7:42pmQuote:
How easy is it to turn the knob and how good is the grip? A good feeling knob and well lubricated potentiometer is very important for me. I need very precise volume tracking and control.post #1094 of 235311/15/13 at 7:45pm
Good lol its has some texture on the sides and the action feels smooth, honestly though I'm not picky about knobs... for instance the o2 knob was sufficient though a little stiff.post #1095 of 235311/16/13 at 4:11pm
Turns out the 11.32 is REALLY sensitive to the cleanness of the power input. If I plug it on a power extension bar along with my PC / speakers / printer etc, the 11.32 would occasionally start having an oscillating "pop, pop" noise on top of music. But if I plug the 11.32 straight into the wall jack, that issue is just gone.
- Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 36 seconds ago
- › WANTED: Schiit Jotunheim with installed Balanced DAC. 51 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Smyth Research Realiser A16 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › WANTED: Schiit Jotunheim with Balanced DAC installed 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by SoundApprentice
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear