- 217 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ODAC , or Audio-GD NFB-11.32 (as DAC) , Anybody? Last post on 4/17/13 at 5:45am in Dedicated Source Components
- What headphone DAC/Amps use the ESS Sabre DAC chip? Last post on 10/3/12 at 11:48pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Audio-GD NFB-12 Last post on 2/9/17 at 11:14am in Dedicated Source Components
- NFB-11 or NFB-11.32: What's the difference? Last post on 1/21/15 at 9:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the Audio GD NFB-11 (2014) a clear improvement over the EHP-O2 (O2+ODAC) driving an HE-500? Last post on 5/9/15 at 4:47pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! - Page 73post #1081 of 242410/25/13 at 4:45pmWhat does it sound like on fixed? I didnt notice a difference on my speakers except for convenience of the variable
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1082 of 242410/25/13 at 5:11pmpost #1083 of 242410/25/13 at 6:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by jerg
Actually I think on VARIABLE output mode, The RCA out also passes through the amp section. That would explain why I can 1) change the volume out of RCA output, and 2) that it matches the volume of the 6.5mm out.
If that's the case then the only difference is the difference between RCA and stereo jack.
I sure hope this isn't true, may be Kingwa can clarify?
If it's true though, it probably means that the difference in sound between 6.5mm and DAC out was all in our heads.post #1084 of 242410/25/13 at 9:15pmQuote:
I already sent him an email earlier today.
Haha yep he relied to my emailQuote:The NFB11.32 RCA output have same as the 6.5MM output, just through a relay select which output is available.I think maybe the addition cable make the sound a little change but suite your taste.Kingwa
Expectation bias got us!
Edited by jerg - 10/25/13 at 9:16pmpost #1085 of 242410/26/13 at 5:19amQuote:The NFB11.32 RCA output have same as the 6.5MM output, just through a relay select which output is available.I think maybe the addition cable make the sound a little change but suite your taste.Kingwa
What about the fixed DAC out? Is it still clean?post #1086 of 242411/12/13 at 12:04pm
So when I use foobar 2k this dac sounds great, but when I use winamp or itunes i get a loud clicking that alternates between the right and loud side. Not sure what this is. Any idea?post #1087 of 242411/12/13 at 12:34pmQuote:
I'm going to make a guess(?) that Foobar2000, with the WASAPI component plug in, sends a digital audio signal that bypasses other audio features.
Where as Winamp and iTunes digital audio signal might be interfacing with other "unneeded" audio features.
So maybe there is setting or something you can add to Winamp and iTunes to make a cleaner digital audio signal?
Are you connecting the 11.32 using USB or optical or coaxial?
Edited by PurpleAngel - 11/12/13 at 12:35pmpost #1088 of 242411/12/13 at 12:47pmpost #1089 of 242411/12/13 at 1:42pm
I'm using it with usb. I thought it might be wasapi, but it doesn't have the annoying clicking sound when I use foobar without wasapi, only DS. I don't know of any itunes plug ins that could solve this. I'm on pc btw so I can't get amarra or anything like that
Edited by PanamaHat - 11/12/13 at 1:45pmpost #1090 of 242411/15/13 at 4:08pmpost #1091 of 242411/15/13 at 7:14pm
I'm thinking of buying the NFB 11.32 to replace my O2/ODAC combo. Will this be much of an upgrade? I'll be using Sennheiser HD800s.
How does the NFD 11.32's volume knob feel? I want an easy to grip knob that turns easily and very smoothly. My O2/ODAC's volume knob is the complete opposite and is leaving me itching for an upgrade for that reason alone.
Edited by zowki - 11/15/13 at 7:22pmpost #1092 of 242411/15/13 at 7:32pm
knob feels good... the biggest difference was the 11.32 has much better dynamics and noticeably better detail... it is very transparent though, some people may or may not like this lol... its a good upgrade...post #1093 of 242411/15/13 at 7:42pmQuote:
How easy is it to turn the knob and how good is the grip? A good feeling knob and well lubricated potentiometer is very important for me. I need very precise volume tracking and control.post #1094 of 242411/15/13 at 7:45pm
Good lol its has some texture on the sides and the action feels smooth, honestly though I'm not picky about knobs... for instance the o2 knob was sufficient though a little stiff.post #1095 of 242411/16/13 at 4:11pm
Turns out the 11.32 is REALLY sensitive to the cleanness of the power input. If I plug it on a power extension bar along with my PC / speakers / printer etc, the 11.32 would occasionally start having an oscillating "pop, pop" noise on top of music. But if I plug the 11.32 straight into the wall jack, that issue is just gone.
- Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Empire Ears X Effect Audio Giveaway // 2017 EMPIRE SPRING SALE 1 minute ago
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 630VB Review - First Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Fidelizer appreciation and impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › The DIY'rs Cookbook 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 10 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear