I've tried to do as much research on my own as I could before starting this thread because I know the thread topic is way too broad to begin approaching.
So here's what I have:
- FL Studio 10
- Roland Cakewalk A500 Pro MIDI Keyboard
- A computer (16GB of ram, i5 2500 processor--should be able to handle a billion VSTs?)
- Headphones: Audio Technica A900X, Sony MDR-V6, Senheisser HD555
- Speakers: Paradigm Atoms, Paradigm Monitor 7's
And here's what I lack:
- Soundcard (I use integrated, thus using asio4all--is this good or bad?)
- An audio interface
- A mixer/tapedeck
And here's where I get really confused:
Is there something I'm missing? Do I -need- an audio interface? Do I need a mixer? A Tape deck? Do you recommend a drum pad? Anything else?
Right now, producing with FL Studio is a tad tedious and I really dislike how asio4all doesn't support multiple audio streams (I want to have computer sounds and asio working at the same time).
Lastly, will FL Studio limit my growth? Is it better to switch sooner, or should ''master'' FL Studio before moving on?
Thanks for any help!