If you don't have anything to contribute to my question, which is directed at people who have actually tried cyroed tubes, I think it would be polite to refrain from posting.
Related Forum Threads
- Tube amps tube amps help me find one... Last post on 10/3/12 at 2:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for a noob that likes to only buy once...? Last post on 9/30/12 at 5:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 9/30/11 at 9:11am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sibling Rivalry; The Woo WA2 vs The Woo WA6SE (review posted: update 6-3-2011) Last post on 2/1/13 at 4:38am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
The Logitech Z-2300 were a decent pair of speakers. A few friend had them and I was enthused when they played them. Also they were made at a time where it's said that fitting the most quality...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a comparison review of the AD900X, AD1000X and MA900...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube review of the Sony XBA-1. If you like the video, please check out my channel for more reviews Summary BUILD The XBA-1 is...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the XB900. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The XB800...
Along with the summary below, I have a review thread comparing the TMA-1 Studio with the Sony MDR-1R, Z1000, Sennheiser Momentum, Logitech UE 6000 and Audio Technica M50...
- Headphone Impedance
cryogenically treating tubes - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“Neutrality, Clarity, Resolution, Build like a rock, Handsome”“Fantastic balanced sound, well built, simple design, balanced output, small size and very cheap for what you get.”
- Pros:“Natural, Fast, tonally rich, deep bass, seductive mids”“Tonal balance, low level listening, resolution, low distortion, Bass, godlike midrange”
As mentioned you will get more benefits out of tube dampeners which depending on your ears, will have a bit more bass response and opened-up sound. But remember, it's a subtle effect and I think anything that is cryo'ed relating to headphone cables and tubes might have some metal changes but the affect will be little to none considering cables and tubes are such small things.
Even if the change from cyroing stuff is small, small changes can be important because of their cumulative effect.
I used to doubt that small changes were important or that anyone could reliably hear small changes. But, the guy who does my mods works by implementing a large number of small changes, and he uses his ear to detect/balance/optimize the changes. The result is fantastically good. He's convinced me that a series of small changes can get you to a large change in SQ that is easily audible. A lot of the things he gets from his designs, like expressive dynamics, I have never heard at this superb level before, not at the price level that I'm paying for the mods. Maybe stuff in the $10,000 range can match it, but I haven't heard that stuff. I just know that it's very cost effective if your target price for components is around the $2000 level.
For isntance, doing the headphone cable right seems to have a large effect. Stock, my LCD 2.2 were good but the imaging was flat. With the new cable, they have 3-D imaging with substance and depth and air. The new cable restores some of the upper-end extension which is the weakness of the Audeze. It's a huge change that everyone at the LAX meet could hear immediately.
EDIT: re the dampers, yes I use high-temperature silicone rings, two per tube, which you can get for less than $1 each from Ebay or Michael Percy
- cryogenically treating tubes
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread 39 seconds ago
- › Not able to post in Aplifications for Sale 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/17/13.... 2 minutes ago
- › BLIND TEST: 128kbps mp3 vs Lossless 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K167 VS Audio Technica ATH-M50??? 3 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo HD vs. Beats Mixr? 4 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's musings: in the hi-fidelity, first... 4 minutes ago
- › Singapore Meet - Interest Check. 4 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 4 minutes ago
- › Logitech Speaker System Z623 by D3Seeker
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-1 Balanced Armature Headphones-1 Driver by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-XB900 | EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by a_recording
- › AIAIAI TMA-1 Studio Headphones by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-7550 In-Ear Monitors (IEM) by a_recording
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-1R by a_recording
- › Sennheiser Momentum by a_recording
- › Soundmagic HP200 by Quadpatch
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe