Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on best SQ Last post on 7/13/10 at 11:27am in Portable Source Gear
- iBasso PB2/DB2, Schiit Magni/Modi, Fiio E17/E9K... How do they stack up? Last post on 4/19/13 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- (Sold) iBasso DB2 + PB2 Combo w/ Extras Last post on 3/9/13 at 11:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Player or DAC setup with cleanest noise floor Last post on 10/7/12 at 10:44am in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Edited on 12/28/12
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
DAP with unamped line-out and good DAC? - Page 2
What about HiFiMAN HM-601, HM602 and HM-801?
Any comments about the quality of HiFiMAN's line-out? I've read that The HiFiMAN HM-801 will not have a true line-out, since it has a swappable amp section built in - a factor not applicable to the 600 series. Not quite sure I understand this distinction.
Edited by MWA - 9/19/12 at 10:55pm
the LO is pretty fine, if you admit that the DAC section is enough good for you and your sedentary system. It's my case, nevertheless I prefer to use a dedicated DAC and amp when I'm at home.
- DAP with unamped line-out and good DAC?
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 9 seconds ago
- › E12 cable dead 1st day, replacement? 44 seconds ago
- › xDuoo - new company making interesting portable DAC and amp units 1 minute ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 1 minute ago
- › [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's musings: in the hi-fidelity, first... 3 minutes ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1440 Appreciation 4 minutes ago
- › Vsonic GR07: Perfection (Added MKII vs Bass Edition 24/03) 4 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe