Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on best SQ Last post on 7/13/10 at 11:27am in Portable Source Gear
- iBasso PB2/DB2, Schiit Magni/Modi, Fiio E17/E9K... How do they stack up? Last post on 4/19/13 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- (Sold) iBasso DB2 + PB2 Combo w/ Extras Last post on 3/9/13 at 11:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Player or DAC setup with cleanest noise floor Last post on 10/7/12 at 10:44am in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking portable FLAC/ALAC player with true line out. Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Edited on 12/28/12
Reposting my original review from Amazon.com - these headphones are just too good to be left in the dustbin of history - for instance, I just bought a pair of Monoprice MEP-933, listed everywhere...
Somehow, the Ballad of Jed Clampett comes to mind, as I start to write this. You know, the Beverly Hillbillies. He was living his life, struck gold, and everything changed. That's kind of what...
Hi, Head-fiers. This is my first post as a newbie in the forum. I will give a short introduction of myself. I am 18 years old currently studying in high-school. I love headphones because...
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
DAP with unamped line-out and good DAC? - Page 2
What about HiFiMAN HM-601, HM602 and HM-801?
Any comments about the quality of HiFiMAN's line-out? I've read that The HiFiMAN HM-801 will not have a true line-out, since it has a swappable amp section built in - a factor not applicable to the 600 series. Not quite sure I understand this distinction.
Edited by MWA - 9/19/12 at 10:55pm
the LO is pretty fine, if you admit that the DAC section is enough good for you and your sedentary system. It's my case, nevertheless I prefer to use a dedicated DAC and amp when I'm at home.
- DAP with unamped line-out and good DAC?
- › Who has an end game setup? 1 minute ago
- › KOSS UR40: PERFECT! 1 minute ago
- › FS/FT: Sennheiser HD-800 w/ALO Ref 8 copper 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › FS: [ANOTHER Price Drop!] Like-new Beyerdynamic DT1350 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › FS: [HUGE Price Drop!!] NIB AudioQuest Sydney 3.5mm to RCA... 2 minutes ago
- › FS: [Price Drop!] Like-new Sony MDR-SA3000 3 minutes ago
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe