Can you fine people in this forum give me some more suggestions of stylish in ear headphones for my wife. Needs to be on the smaller side, pretty durable, and have iphone controls. I don't want to get her any of the normal rapper ones, (beats, 50's, souls, etc.). So far all have come up with are vmoda vibratos, atomic floyd superdarts, all the turbine line. I like the design of the miles davis trumpets but I think those are a little to spefic for her. Any others that you guys can think of would be greatly appreciated. I'm not worried about price just yet, just want to know what other options are out there. I have shown her the shures, westones, UE, Seinheisers, beyers, grados, akg, atrios, and alot of others. Hopefully you guys can think of some more that are not as well known brands that I haven't looked at yet. Thanks.
- productAtomic Floyd SuperDartstagged by System, 8/23/12
- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productHarman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productJays a Jays twotagged by System, 8/23/12
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 8/23/12
- productMartinLogan Mikros 70tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productMiles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSennheiser IE80tagged by System, 8/23/12More
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSony XBA-1 Balanced Armature Headphones-1 Drivertagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSony XBA2 Dual-Driver Balanced Armature In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Trying to choose between Shure SE series or the Sony XBA series Last post on 7/3/14 at 11:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Klipsch X10, IE80 or Shure 215? Last post on 11/6/12 at 1:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommend IEM's under $200 Similar to the Sony XBA-2 Last post on 11/30/12 at 6:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
Need suggestions for Stylish headphones for Wife?post #1 of 128/22/12 at 3:24pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 128/22/12 at 3:51pmpost #3 of 128/22/12 at 5:32pmI'm not so in to IEMs, but you could look at the fanny wang buds. I have the on ear wangs and they're enjoyable to listen to. Probably not audiophile quality but great fun and they are also a 'style conscious' brand. Not tried the buds but you were after other brands than you listed, so there you gopost #4 of 128/23/12 at 6:32amThread Starter
Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I am looking for IEM headphones. I checked out the P5 and C5 and she doesn't really like the in ear hook portion. Similarly the fanny wang have the same issue, as well as the bose in ears. Keep those suggestions coming please. thanks.post #5 of 128/23/12 at 10:50am
Sorry I missed that on your original post. Usually when I read "headphone" I think on/over ear and "earphone" I think IEM. So I saw you headphone and completely missed the "in ear" just before it. My bad.post #6 of 128/23/12 at 10:58am
.... any music preferences? or style preferences? sony XBA I and XBA II look kind of nice,or maybe a Shure SE215? not enough information to single out a recomendation thoughpost #7 of 128/23/12 at 10:59am
EDIT: didn't read properly...
I think the Miles Davis Trumpet is a good fit as well; why do you think they're too "specific"?
Anyways, some other suggestions (SQ not guaranteed):
- Harman/Kardon AE1 (style ripped straight off their AKG K3003)
- Audiofly lineup
- Klipsch X10i/X7i
- JAYS lineup
- Martin Logan Mikros70
Edited by tomscy2000 - 8/23/12 at 11:24ampost #8 of 128/23/12 at 11:04ampost #9 of 128/23/12 at 11:17amQuote:
Never knew the HF3 was considered stylish...post #10 of 128/23/12 at 1:17pm
The Sennheiser IE80 are very easy to wear and they sound great for almost all genres music. The other IEMs like Sony XBA3, JVC FXD80, CK10 and Harmen Kardon AE are great buy.post #11 of 128/23/12 at 1:24pmpost #12 of 128/23/12 at 3:07pmThread Starter
Thanks for the replys. I'll look into all of them. As far as music goes its mainly rock, alternative, a little hip hop, and audiobooks.
I never felt that sony's are very durable and she is not fond of around ear versions so Shures are out.
I thought the trumpets are really cool but the style seems specific to jazz or miles davis fans. I was just trying to get across that I was looking for IEM's with alot of styling but didn't want styling that was pictures or attempted to be a replica of something else like the trumpets are. I'll check out all of your suggestions.
Yeah the Atomic Floyds are really nice, right now I am looking into those, turbines, and vmoda vibratos.
Please keep the suggestions coming, I'll check them all out.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need suggestions for Stylish headphones for Wife?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 17 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Amazonbasics Premium Over ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears 4 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 5 minutes ago
- › Yulong DA8II In-Depth Review 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 6 minutes ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2