Im thinking about buying it for my M50's just to improve listening a little bit but im not sure since its only 36ohm how much it would benifit from a amp but its only $60 sois it wort it?
Related Forum Threads
- Buy Audio Technica ATH-M50 or Fiio E11? Last post on 11/1/13 at 4:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- FiiO E11.... pointless to buy with the ATH-M50? Last post on 9/3/13 at 1:02pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH-M50s revived my love of hi-fi audio. Now I want an affordable, portable amp for ALAC. Last post on 12/24/12 at 7:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need more bass for ATH-M50? fiio e11? Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
Would you recommend the Fiio e11 for ATH-M50?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It will make it louder. That's all.
Otherwise, you're paying $60 for the ability to put bass enhancement on it via it's built in bass EQ, two settings.
The M50 is efficient and does not need amplification to be dynamic.
I suppose it depends on your source among other things. I feel that my M50' improved quite a bit by using a line out and the e11 from my ipod. volume is ok from the ipod without the amp, but everything sounds much cleaner with the amp. sharp knife vs dull knife.
I will say that using a mini jack to mini jack connection did not do much with the amp. the line out is necessary.
In my experience the M50 does improve slightly with a good amp. Not a lot. I've rarely had a headphone that doesn't improve with an amp. Even the PX100-II does and even more so than the M50.
For me with the M50, the bass is much better controlled, the treble is less fatiguing and even the soundstage improves. A little more detail perhaps too.
However, the E11 (IMO) is not a good choice for slightly bass heavy or warm headphones. Not sure why.
It does something funny to the mids and makes them sound even worse. My 598 and DJ100 actually have more forward sounding mids without the E11.
I love the Total Airhead for the M50, but it's a bit pricey, but worth it. For just the M50 I wouldn't bother.
For the M50 I would highly suggest the E5. The E6 is supposed to have better and less rolled off bass. I prefer it's mids to the E11, but it's soundstage is a bit smaller.
The M50 also benefits from a cheap DAC such as the X-Fi Go Pro ($35).
Getting an amp just for more bass is a mistake though. That rarely happens.I don't want that kind of amp..
Honestly the M50's sound fine without an amp. I use a Fiio E7 with mine and there is not much of an improvement and most of the improvement from it is from the dac and not the amp itself, however if you want an amp that will improve the sound a lot I recommend looking at the hifiman ef2a. It is $170 though so I would just save up for them.
- Would you recommend the Fiio e11 for ATH-M50?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › 10 pcs x EL84=6p14p-EV (NOS, Military spec, USSR) 1 minute ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 1 minute ago
- › THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND... 3 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 5 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 7 minutes ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 8 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 8 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed! Phase 2: SmartPower. Please feed the... 8 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)