Im thinking about buying it for my M50's just to improve listening a little bit but im not sure since its only 36ohm how much it would benifit from a amp but its only $60 sois it wort it?
Related Forum Threads
- Buy Audio Technica ATH-M50 or Fiio E11? Last post on 11/1/13 at 4:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- FiiO E11.... pointless to buy with the ATH-M50? Last post on 9/3/13 at 1:02pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH-M50s revived my love of hi-fi audio. Now I want an affordable, portable amp for ALAC. Last post on 12/24/12 at 7:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need more bass for ATH-M50? fiio e11? Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
Intro My hifi journey started 2 years ago with a pair of Sennheiser hd598s and an Asus Xonar Essence Stx sound card. A modest entry, but I have spent a lot of money trying to recapture that wow...
Own them for a while now really love them! bought a couple comply foam tips which are more comfortable then the stock ones. the stock ones are decent i liked the triple flang ones but comply foam...
Introducing Brainwavz very uniquely designed dual dynamic IEM Brainwavz R3 (Comply Tips) Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic IEM I've been lucky enough recently to start...
Disclaimers: I'm a consumer, a headphone enthusiast, so I'm not using these for professional use. ... that's it They come in a nice box, really giving them a professional feel. The bag I...
Would you recommend the Fiio e11 for ATH-M50?post #1 of 98/22/12 at 2:45pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 98/22/12 at 5:35pmQuote:
It will make it louder. That's all.
Otherwise, you're paying $60 for the ability to put bass enhancement on it via it's built in bass EQ, two settings.
The M50 is efficient and does not need amplification to be dynamic.
Very best,post #3 of 98/22/12 at 6:14pmI have to agree. it sounds great, has heaps of bass and is driven well by my Samsung galaxy 3. I listen to them with the volume set at 3/4s max. I believe that some people are excited about the idea of carrying a portable amp. It as though it gives them more credibility. I''m new to thIs type of thing, but thats the feeling Im getting.post #4 of 98/22/12 at 6:32pmThread Starterpost #5 of 98/22/12 at 6:56pmpost #6 of 98/22/12 at 7:00pm
I suppose it depends on your source among other things. I feel that my M50' improved quite a bit by using a line out and the e11 from my ipod. volume is ok from the ipod without the amp, but everything sounds much cleaner with the amp. sharp knife vs dull knife.
I will say that using a mini jack to mini jack connection did not do much with the amp. the line out is necessary.post #7 of 98/22/12 at 7:00pm
In my experience the M50 does improve slightly with a good amp. Not a lot. I've rarely had a headphone that doesn't improve with an amp. Even the PX100-II does and even more so than the M50.
For me with the M50, the bass is much better controlled, the treble is less fatiguing and even the soundstage improves. A little more detail perhaps too.
However, the E11 (IMO) is not a good choice for slightly bass heavy or warm headphones. Not sure why.
It does something funny to the mids and makes them sound even worse. My 598 and DJ100 actually have more forward sounding mids without the E11.
I love the Total Airhead for the M50, but it's a bit pricey, but worth it. For just the M50 I wouldn't bother.
For the M50 I would highly suggest the E5. The E6 is supposed to have better and less rolled off bass. I prefer it's mids to the E11, but it's soundstage is a bit smaller.
The M50 also benefits from a cheap DAC such as the X-Fi Go Pro ($35).
Getting an amp just for more bass is a mistake though. That rarely happens.I don't want that kind of amp..post #8 of 98/22/12 at 7:35pmThread Starterpost #9 of 98/22/12 at 7:49pm
Honestly the M50's sound fine without an amp. I use a Fiio E7 with mine and there is not much of an improvement and most of the improvement from it is from the dac and not the amp itself, however if you want an amp that will improve the sound a lot I recommend looking at the hifiman ef2a. It is $170 though so I would just save up for them.
- Would you recommend the Fiio e11 for ATH-M50?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo... 27 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 20th 2013 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMan or Audeze headband assembly 2 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here! 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 for Mac users 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp 7 minutes ago
- › Singapore Head-Fi Meet 8th December 2013 [Pictures] 9 minutes ago
- › Tokyo 2013 Autumn Fujiya Avic show impressions. 9 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum appreciation thread 10 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital