Im thinking about buying it for my M50's just to improve listening a little bit but im not sure since its only 36ohm how much it would benifit from a amp but its only $60 sois it wort it?
Related Forum Threads
- Buy Audio Technica ATH-M50 or Fiio E11? Last post on 11/1/13 at 4:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- FiiO E11.... pointless to buy with the ATH-M50? Last post on 9/3/13 at 1:02pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH-M50s revived my love of hi-fi audio. Now I want an affordable, portable amp for ALAC. Last post on 12/24/12 at 7:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need more bass for ATH-M50? fiio e11? Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Would you recommend the Fiio e11 for ATH-M50?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It will make it louder. That's all.
Otherwise, you're paying $60 for the ability to put bass enhancement on it via it's built in bass EQ, two settings.
The M50 is efficient and does not need amplification to be dynamic.
I suppose it depends on your source among other things. I feel that my M50' improved quite a bit by using a line out and the e11 from my ipod. volume is ok from the ipod without the amp, but everything sounds much cleaner with the amp. sharp knife vs dull knife.
I will say that using a mini jack to mini jack connection did not do much with the amp. the line out is necessary.
In my experience the M50 does improve slightly with a good amp. Not a lot. I've rarely had a headphone that doesn't improve with an amp. Even the PX100-II does and even more so than the M50.
For me with the M50, the bass is much better controlled, the treble is less fatiguing and even the soundstage improves. A little more detail perhaps too.
However, the E11 (IMO) is not a good choice for slightly bass heavy or warm headphones. Not sure why.
It does something funny to the mids and makes them sound even worse. My 598 and DJ100 actually have more forward sounding mids without the E11.
I love the Total Airhead for the M50, but it's a bit pricey, but worth it. For just the M50 I wouldn't bother.
For the M50 I would highly suggest the E5. The E6 is supposed to have better and less rolled off bass. I prefer it's mids to the E11, but it's soundstage is a bit smaller.
The M50 also benefits from a cheap DAC such as the X-Fi Go Pro ($35).
Getting an amp just for more bass is a mistake though. That rarely happens.I don't want that kind of amp..
Honestly the M50's sound fine without an amp. I use a Fiio E7 with mine and there is not much of an improvement and most of the improvement from it is from the dac and not the amp itself, however if you want an amp that will improve the sound a lot I recommend looking at the hifiman ef2a. It is $170 though so I would just save up for them.
- Would you recommend the Fiio e11 for ATH-M50?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado SR 125 - Dubai 2 minutes ago
- › Philips A5-PRO "Armin Van Buuren Collaboration" (Owners and... 2 minutes ago
- › Introduction, and some advice on the MDR7506s :) 3 minutes ago
- › Anyone with an Asus Phone? 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-A2 need help/opinion 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by AvidlyEclectic
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)