Looks like the T1 are the favorite headphones. Never thought that the T1 would win...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 8/22/12
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/22/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 12/9/15 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Rev2, Audeze LCD-3 RMA and Sennheiser HD800 compared... Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone comparison: Sennheiser HD 600, HD 700, HD 800, HD 25-1, and the Amperior;... Last post on 4/26/16 at 7:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Nobody said HiFi was cheap, spending $200 dollars on HiFi doesn't get you very far these days. The AudioQuest DragonFly RED is one of those rare exceptions, I think it's the best value on the...
Preamble: A group of engineers and designers has worked as OEM developers and producers for audio products, acting in the background, until 2012, when they decided to found a...
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
[PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) - Page 7
Poll Results: Which headphone do you like most? AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3
653 Total Votespost #91 of 1909/13/12 at 11:01amThread Starter
1% (11)AUDEZ'E LCD-2 r1
18% (119)AUDEZ'E LCD-2 r2
18% (118)AUDEZ'E LCD-3
34% (223)Beyerdynamic T1
27% (182)Sennheiser HD 800
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1909/17/12 at 1:27pmThread Starterpost #93 of 1909/17/12 at 5:20pmQuote:
Weird....sold off my T1s after almost 3 years of ownership (still hold them in high regard), but next to my HD800s and LCD-3s they weren't getting the head time to keep them.....that and I needed to clear up some space for my incoming SR-009s.post #94 of 1909/22/12 at 1:19pmThread Starterpost #95 of 1909/22/12 at 2:50pmpost #96 of 1909/22/12 at 5:39pm
Gonna have to wait a bit. StaxUSA still hasn't delivered them to Elusive Disc. Likely another week or two.post #97 of 1909/22/12 at 11:50pm
I voted for the LCD-3, both above and with my credit card.
I auditioned all of these options except the LCD-2r1s (and also tried the HE-500 and Grado PS-1000) for several weeks, taking advantage of the CableCo library. I had no preconceptions going in, was going to pick whichever one I liked best. My bank account was hoping it would be the HE-500... but unfortunately it turned out to be the LCD-3s. They had the most depth and detail and the realistic timbre of the sound was exceptional, to the point that you think you are in the room with whoever is making the music.
I liked the LCD-2s, but the -3s were enough better in every way that I knew I would regret not spending the extra bucks, even if I had to eat a lot of spaghetti for the next several months.
The T-1s were a close third to the LCD-2s. While I prefer the Audeze house sound, I really appreciated the T-1s' overall good performance, and they are very comfortable for long-duration listening, where the Audeze's are hot and heavy (though I've been wearing them for several hours tonight, and my head hasn't fallen off or imploded, so all's good). I am intending to buy some T-1s at some point in the near future, as soon as I can justify the expense. They are a good change of pace from the LCD-3s, and I enjoyed them enough that I believe they would get a reasonable amount of head time.
I recognize the excellent comfort and sound-stage of the HD-800s. Didn't like the sizzly treble. Note that I was using either my Adcom GFP-555 pre-amp's solid-state headphone out or a Burson HA160 to drive them at various points in the trial, which was probably not the best match. On the other hand, I liked the sound of the Audezes and Beyers through the same rigs, which put the Senns off the "potential buy" list. Maybe if I fail to keep myself from buying a new amp I'll give the HD-800s another try, but since whatever amp I'm likely to buy will be aimed first at the LCD-3s (currently struggling to resist Thor's Hammer or an Australian Soloist), I doubt I'd end up with the perfect fit for the Senns anyway.post #98 of 1909/23/12 at 12:07am
Not to take anything away from the T1s or HD800, but I wonder if this is another case of the most popular brands getting "drive-by" votes by people who own HD600s, DT770s, etc., and just want their horse to win. Not many jockeys on team Audeze.post #99 of 1909/30/12 at 3:18amThread Starterpost #100 of 1909/30/12 at 5:19am
I've only auditioned the T1 and HD800 side by side momentarily, but I really didn't like the T1 very much at all. The HD800 images better and its overly bright treble is still less prominent than the T1's. Both headphones have their merits, but for >$1k the T1 just doesn't do it for me.post #101 of 1909/30/12 at 5:20ampost #102 of 1909/30/12 at 5:28am
i don't intend to offend the T1 lovers who've put that headphone in the lead at this point. i still hold the T1 in high regard.
but, to these ears the T1 just doesn't perform in the same league as the LCD-3 and HD800.
i owned the T1 for about two years, so i feel i can make this evaluation...
next to the LCD-3 and HD800, the T1 comes across as somewhat artificial - particularly in the treble.
like any beyer headphone, if you want my uncensored opinion...post #103 of 1909/30/12 at 5:29ampost #104 of 1909/30/12 at 8:20am
What's with you guys and the T1?
Overly bright treble? Flat?
Artificial - Wuss it sound this way on the Dark Star as well??
I'm sorry I'm just not hearing these flaws. However, I don't put the T1 over the HD800s I may put it over the LCD-2.2 - I have not owned the LCD-3 as of yet so can't comment.
On both the balanced M^3 and the βeta-22 the T1's sound really good. A little sparkly in the highs but not much. The mids are great on these.
I think the amps I'm using are more forgiving than the ones you guys have. Because come to think of it, when I had the BHA-1 I didn't like the T1's at all out the SE output. On the GS-1 it was better than the BHA-1 but still not as forgiving as the M^3 or the βeta-22
Edited by preproman - 9/30/12 at 8:27ampost #105 of 1909/30/12 at 8:26am
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › iFi Audio "Pro" desktop line discussion thread 30 seconds ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 33 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 5 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 5 minutes ago
- › PRICE REDUCED Kimber Axios Cable for Sennheiser HD800 / HD800s 6 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by HiFiChris
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse