Looks like the T1 are the favorite headphones. Never thought that the T1 would win...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 8/22/12
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/22/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on Yesterday at 5:56 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Rev2, Audeze LCD-3 RMA and Sennheiser HD800 compared... Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone comparison: Sennheiser HD 600, HD 700, HD 800, HD 25-1, and the Amperior;... Last post on 4/26/16 at 7:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
[PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) - Page 7
Poll Results: Which headphone do you like most? AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3
659 Total Votespost #91 of 1909/13/12 at 11:01amThread Starter
1% (12)AUDEZ'E LCD-2 r1
18% (122)AUDEZ'E LCD-2 r2
18% (119)AUDEZ'E LCD-3
33% (224)Beyerdynamic T1
27% (182)Sennheiser HD 800
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1909/17/12 at 1:27pmThread Starterpost #93 of 1909/17/12 at 5:20pmQuote:
Weird....sold off my T1s after almost 3 years of ownership (still hold them in high regard), but next to my HD800s and LCD-3s they weren't getting the head time to keep them.....that and I needed to clear up some space for my incoming SR-009s.post #94 of 1909/22/12 at 1:19pmThread Starterpost #95 of 1909/22/12 at 2:50pmpost #96 of 1909/22/12 at 5:39pm
Gonna have to wait a bit. StaxUSA still hasn't delivered them to Elusive Disc. Likely another week or two.post #97 of 1909/22/12 at 11:50pm
I voted for the LCD-3, both above and with my credit card.
I auditioned all of these options except the LCD-2r1s (and also tried the HE-500 and Grado PS-1000) for several weeks, taking advantage of the CableCo library. I had no preconceptions going in, was going to pick whichever one I liked best. My bank account was hoping it would be the HE-500... but unfortunately it turned out to be the LCD-3s. They had the most depth and detail and the realistic timbre of the sound was exceptional, to the point that you think you are in the room with whoever is making the music.
I liked the LCD-2s, but the -3s were enough better in every way that I knew I would regret not spending the extra bucks, even if I had to eat a lot of spaghetti for the next several months.
The T-1s were a close third to the LCD-2s. While I prefer the Audeze house sound, I really appreciated the T-1s' overall good performance, and they are very comfortable for long-duration listening, where the Audeze's are hot and heavy (though I've been wearing them for several hours tonight, and my head hasn't fallen off or imploded, so all's good). I am intending to buy some T-1s at some point in the near future, as soon as I can justify the expense. They are a good change of pace from the LCD-3s, and I enjoyed them enough that I believe they would get a reasonable amount of head time.
I recognize the excellent comfort and sound-stage of the HD-800s. Didn't like the sizzly treble. Note that I was using either my Adcom GFP-555 pre-amp's solid-state headphone out or a Burson HA160 to drive them at various points in the trial, which was probably not the best match. On the other hand, I liked the sound of the Audezes and Beyers through the same rigs, which put the Senns off the "potential buy" list. Maybe if I fail to keep myself from buying a new amp I'll give the HD-800s another try, but since whatever amp I'm likely to buy will be aimed first at the LCD-3s (currently struggling to resist Thor's Hammer or an Australian Soloist), I doubt I'd end up with the perfect fit for the Senns anyway.post #98 of 1909/23/12 at 12:07am
Not to take anything away from the T1s or HD800, but I wonder if this is another case of the most popular brands getting "drive-by" votes by people who own HD600s, DT770s, etc., and just want their horse to win. Not many jockeys on team Audeze.post #99 of 1909/30/12 at 3:18amThread Starterpost #100 of 1909/30/12 at 5:19am
I've only auditioned the T1 and HD800 side by side momentarily, but I really didn't like the T1 very much at all. The HD800 images better and its overly bright treble is still less prominent than the T1's. Both headphones have their merits, but for >$1k the T1 just doesn't do it for me.post #101 of 1909/30/12 at 5:20ampost #102 of 1909/30/12 at 5:28am
i don't intend to offend the T1 lovers who've put that headphone in the lead at this point. i still hold the T1 in high regard.
but, to these ears the T1 just doesn't perform in the same league as the LCD-3 and HD800.
i owned the T1 for about two years, so i feel i can make this evaluation...
next to the LCD-3 and HD800, the T1 comes across as somewhat artificial - particularly in the treble.
like any beyer headphone, if you want my uncensored opinion...post #103 of 1909/30/12 at 5:29ampost #104 of 1909/30/12 at 8:20am
What's with you guys and the T1?
Overly bright treble? Flat?
Artificial - Wuss it sound this way on the Dark Star as well??
I'm sorry I'm just not hearing these flaws. However, I don't put the T1 over the HD800s I may put it over the LCD-2.2 - I have not owned the LCD-3 as of yet so can't comment.
On both the balanced M^3 and the βeta-22 the T1's sound really good. A little sparkly in the highs but not much. The mids are great on these.
I think the amps I'm using are more forgiving than the ones you guys have. Because come to think of it, when I had the BHA-1 I didn't like the T1's at all out the SE output. On the GS-1 it was better than the BHA-1 but still not as forgiving as the M^3 or the βeta-22
Edited by preproman - 9/30/12 at 8:27ampost #105 of 1909/30/12 at 8:26am
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › The Opamp thread 8 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 28 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 34 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 6 minutes ago
- › Seattle Red Hook Meet July 30, 2016 8 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 9 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...