Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) - Page 6

Poll Results: Which headphone do you like most? AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3

 
  • 1% (8)
    AUDEZ'E LCD-2 r1
  • 19% (100)
    AUDEZ'E LCD-2 r2
  • 18% (96)
    AUDEZ'E LCD-3
  • 32% (172)
    Beyerdynamic T1
  • 28% (150)
    Sennheiser HD 800
526 Total Votes  
post #76 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC BOOM View Post


I agree 100%, I have been wowed by the lcd3 and the hd800 but I was never wowed by the t1.

+1

T1 sounds great and very accurate, but to me, HD800 is overall more impressive.

post #77 of 181

The tonal balance is precisely what gives the T1 its "wow" factor IMO.

 

As for the HD800 I've never heard of it but the misconceptions come from both sides of the fence. Being from Sennheiser and priced as it is it this was always going to be the case.

post #78 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by nieveulv View Post

 

got a wa2 on order :) hopefully i can get a hd800 to test it at home :) i prefer the hd800 i tried to the lcd2.2 though. The hd800 is the most comfortable headphone in the world!!  

 

Nice....I was at once contemplating on the WA22 but went with the LD MK VI+ seeing and believing the concept rule that one could achieve world class sound without spending so much, let us know how your WA2's sound with your HD800 once they arrive.

post #79 of 181
Thread Starter 

Very interesting poll result.. Hope we get some more votes.

 

Never thought the T1 would get more votes than the HD800

post #80 of 181

All hail the T1.

post #81 of 181

I have heard all five, finally. Very surprised at this poll, actually stunned. T1 with 42%..........really? I mean they sound.....okay, not bad but.....?  Go figure.

post #82 of 181
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post

I have heard all five, finally. Very surprised at this poll, actually stunned. T1 with 42%..........really? I mean they sound.....okay, not bad but.....?  Go figure.

 

Which is your favorite?

post #83 of 181

Am I the only one dissapointed with the T1's?

 

The HD800 are amazing for their soundstage - if you want speaker like presentation this is it.

 

And the Audeze's are great in terms of texture and extension.

 

The T1's don't have the soundstage of the HD800s, and they don't have the extension and texture of the Audeze.

 

In my opinion the T1's are *good* but not *extraordinary*.

 

*Scratches head*.....


Edited by TwoEars - 9/4/12 at 5:08pm
post #84 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoEars View Post

Am I the only one dissapointed with the T1's?

 

The HD800 are amazing for their soundstage - if you want speaker like presentation this is it.

 

And the Audeze's are great in terms of texture and extension.

 

The T1's don't have the soundstage of the HD800s, and they don't have the extension and texture of the Audeze.

 

In my opinion the T1's are *good* but not *extraordinary*.

 

*Scratches head*.....

 

Pretty much.  There are actually more deficiencies than that but 42% can't be wrong so.....wink_face.gif

post #85 of 181

In my humble opinion, the T1's need a good solid state amp to drive them. Never liked them much with my Lyr.

 

On the other hand the HD800's sound great with certain types of music, be it on a good tube amp or a sold state. The LCD's sound much better out of tube amps and with music with lots of bass.

 

My point is that all the headphones mentioned can sound great with the right equipment. But the T1's sound excellent with all music genres given the right musical chain.

post #86 of 181

Excellent is a strong word.  T1's simply have a technical limitation to scalability that no amp can solve when other phones will keep improving.  HD800 sounds fantastic with every genre of music.  If not then look into it, you have a problem.

post #87 of 181

t1

post #88 of 181

I thought HD800 was going to win by a large margin, depending on the amp/dac combination of course. I liked T1 over HD800 with mid-class amp, but with high-end amp, HD800 was unmatched.

post #89 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo2207 View Post

I thought HD800 was going to win by a large margin, depending on the amp/dac combination of course. I liked T1 over HD800 with mid-class amp, but with high-end amp, HD800 was unmatched.

 

 

What amps are you callings mid-class and high-end?

post #90 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey2001 View Post

Which is your favorite?


The HD800. That said, and although I don't like orthos much, I was very impressed with the LCD-3 when I heard it. The T1 sounded kind of flat to me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3)