My experience with headphones so far:
After having stretched out the clamp and covered the pads with some socks, I now can stand my ATH-M50s for about 4h, instead of the usual 30min.
They are however still too uncomfortable to use everyday for many hours, so I need to replace them.
I also own a pair of Yuin Pk3 earbuds which I love which I love for their confort and balanced, natural sound which makes them simply disappear.
The problem with them, is I still can ear external noise, which inhibits the sense of immersion.
Despite not as detailed as the ATH-M50, nor so deep in bass extension/quantity, I find them less distracting/fatiguing to ear for long periods.
I hate the V shaped sound signature of the Sennheiser CX-300, and they make my inner ears hurt after a while.
I find IEM very inconvenient and uncomfortable for everyday so they are out of question.
New Cans Constraints:
- Should fit for long hours in big ears which go back like this one: http://i.imgur.com/epUPG.jpg
- For indoor use, but enough isolation to block slightly noisy street sound.
- They should play fine directly from a MacBook Air, maybe getting an amp in the future.
- Maximum around 300€
- Hate V shape signature, like neutral/natural.
- Mostly to Jazz, Electronic, Minimal, Classic, Downtempo
Is there anything which fits these conditions?
The ones I've scoped so far are:
- Beyerdynamic DT880
- Senheiser HD 595
- Denon AHD2000
- AKG K701
What would you get?
Thanks for the suggestions!
Edited by aristidesfl - 8/22/12 at 7:38am