Hi Head-Fi Community,
Ive used in-ear buds my entire life and last year i bought a pair of klipsh s4i and now i am looking to buy a pair of full sized headphones.
1. I'm a college student who spends the majority of the week in my room studying, I need a set of headphones that do a good job isolating my surroundings, just in case i decide to work outside. I'm thinking closed back cause i don't wanna bother other people with my music.
2. I plan on having these headphones for a long time, replaceable parts would be a huge bonus and obviously durability will be an issue, portability is not that much of an issue
3. I mainly listen to classical/instrumental, jazz, softer lounge type music and the occasional pop,rap,dub step or electronic song. Its more important for them to sound better for classical/instrumental than the other types of music.
4. Needless to say they should be comfortable to wearing hours at a time.
5. For convenience sake it would be nice if they had a mic, or an easy and cheap mic mod, that way i wouldnt have to switch over to my ear buds for video calls
6. I am flexible about an amp, but i would prefer not to get one unless they make a HUGE difference.
My budget is 100-150 might go a little higher if they are worth the extra money.
I have some in mind:
I had the m50s on my list but another forum member said they would be the best headphones for my needs
Thank you very much in advance
EDIT: My list has been revised:
Edited by ksz210 - 8/22/12 at 9:23am