Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Interest Thread LA meet 2013 2 Day meet . "International Headphone Extravaganza" First Annual
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Interest Thread LA meet 2013 2 Day meet . "International Headphone Extravaganza" First Annual - Page 2

post #16 of 191
Thread Starter 

I edited the main topic if you guys would like to check it out. I need a team to help out. People who can help get stuff done. Let me know if you are interested.

post #17 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiorisekine View Post

Would you guys rather have a big event at the Hilton in LAX or the Anaheim Convention center?
LAX
post #18 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiorisekine View Post

Would you guys rather have a big event at the Hilton in LAX or the Anaheim Convention center?

 

LAX

 

IIRC, the Anaheim convention center is one of those places with reverberating acoustics.  Just think of high frequency leakage from open cans bouncing around ALL over the place. 

post #19 of 191
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

LAX

 

IIRC, the Anaheim convention center is one of those places with reverberating acoustics.  Just think of high frequency leakage from open cans bouncing around ALL over the place. 

Thanks for telling me that for i did not know, I like the Anaheim convention center so i thought maybe but i think imma stick with the LAX Hilton.

post #20 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post  Just think of high frequency leakage from open cans bouncing around ALL over the place. 

Or people talking. That's much louder than leakage from cans.

 

Yeah, I vote for anywhere that has carpeted rooms. The Hilton meet we just had was the best I've ever attended in terms of quiet--people keeping their voices down, plus not a crush of people jammed into a small area and trying to talk over each other.


Edited by mike1127 - 8/22/12 at 7:22pm
post #21 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiorisekine View Post

Thanks for telling me that for i did not know, I like the Anaheim convention center so i thought maybe but i think imma stick with the LAX Hilton.

 

Sure, no problem.  My memory is a little fuzzy on that as it was a while ago, so don't take it as gospel, but that's what I seem to remember.  Old hangar style buildings made of concrete with many, many layers of industrial white paint.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1127 View Post

Or people talking. That's much louder than leakage from cans.

 

Right!  I didn't even think of that, good point!

 

Where we were last time was awesome from an acoustical standpoint.  As long as we keep the vendor and general hangout area separate from the critical listening stations, it'll be quite nice I think.  And unless some wedding party upstairs starts gettin' their groove on too early in the day, we should be alright.

post #22 of 191

I am very interested, although spring break may be hard for some (vacation).

I work 1 of every 3 weekends, so there is a 66% chance I'll attend.

post #23 of 191

Can you indicate possible dates?  Reason for asking is that I'm in New Zealand.  I usually go through LAX once a year on business - and if I have enough advance warning, I can try and time my next biz trip to co-incide.

 

I tried to get to the recent LA one - but unfortunately my trip got canned.  Still dead keen to actually attend one of these things & meet some of the great people I've interacted with on these forums! 

post #24 of 191
I'll fly in.
Edited by Maxvla - 8/22/12 at 8:55pm
post #25 of 191
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post

Can you indicate possible dates?  Reason for asking is that I'm in New Zealand.  I usually go through LAX once a year on business - and if I have enough advance warning, I can try and time my next biz trip to co-incide.

 

I tried to get to the recent LA one - but unfortunately my trip got canned.  Still dead keen to actually attend one of these things & meet some of the great people I've interacted with on these forums! 

 

I am going to try for a late June date. When exactly do you need to know by.

post #26 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiorisekine View Post

I edited the main topic if you guys would like to check it out.

[Interest Thread LA meet 2013 2 Day meet. "International Headphone Extravaganza" First Annual]

 

cool, except this is far from the first. that would be the one organized in 2006 by immtbiker, jp#s, & bozebuttons.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiorisekine View Post

I need a team to help out. People who can help get stuff done. Let me know if you are interested.

 

you might want to contact the crews that organized the recent meet there, as well as it's predecessor in 2009.

post #27 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiorisekine View Post

 

I am going to try for a late June date. When exactly do you need to know by.

 

If it's June - then as long as I know the date sometime in January, I should be able to plan around it.  Thanks!

post #28 of 191
Thread Starter 

So I was wondering what would be a great name for this event? So far I have Headphone Expo or H-X and maybe asking purrin to use H3.

post #29 of 191

I'm in.

post #30 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post

I'm in.

 

My hand-built O2 will be done by then.  We can see if there will be any difference between the two.  Unlikely, but as we'll have two days to burn we can mess around with useless stuff like that.  smile.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Interest Thread LA meet 2013 2 Day meet . "International Headphone Extravaganza" First Annual