Nice thread, please revive
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/5/16 at 2:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which one? Sennheiser HD 598's or Grado sr225i's? Last post on 10/20/13 at 6:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste - Page 4
Poll Results: You mainly an acoustic guy or electronic guy? Acoustic means the players are moving fingers or singing in real time, with no use of AutoTune. Electronics is pure elec. instruments, lots of post-process (Auto Tune)This is a multiple choice poll
120 Total Votespost #46 of 474/13/13 at 12:03pm
23% of voters (28)Acoustic is my bread and butter. Prefer the Audeze orthos.
39% of voters (47)Acoustic is my bread and butter. Prefer the Hifiman orthos.
24% of voters (29)Electronic is the most exciting: Prefer the Audeze orthos
26% of voters (32)Electronic is the most most exciting. Prefer the Hifiman orthos.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 474/16/13 at 2:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by moodyrn
Not so with a "properly" driven he6. One of best I ever listened to when it comes to sound staging and especially imaging. Not so when driven with less than 6 to 8 watts.
And to further add, I consider the lcd3 and he6 1a and 1b. I love them both, slightly preferring the he6. But they are the two best I've ever listened to and that included .... Hd800, r10, t1, l3000.
The 6 is my favorite headphone with Classic Rock and yes, my speaker amp pumps 9W of tubey goodness into those 50 ohms although the LCD-3 is also very nice with that genre as well when driven by the SS Bakoon AMP-11R. Different flavors for different recordings and alternate frames of mind.
Could not help but notice the lack of the ATH-W3000ANV in your list of cans.
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Need opinion about my next earphone want to purchase 9 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone 42 seconds ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › The EU deals thread! 3 minutes ago
- › NEW REVIEW: Final Audio Piano Forte II 3 minutes ago
- › Need a few recommendations for my next headphones. 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear