Nice thread, please revive
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which one? Sennheiser HD 598's or Grado sr225i's? Last post on 10/20/13 at 6:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste - Page 4
Poll Results: You mainly an acoustic guy or electronic guy? Acoustic means the players are moving fingers or singing in real time, with no use of AutoTune. Electronics is pure elec. instruments, lots of post-process (Auto Tune)This is a multiple choice poll
120 Total Votespost #46 of 474/13/13 at 12:03pm
23% (28)Acoustic is my bread and butter. Prefer the Audeze orthos.
39% (47)Acoustic is my bread and butter. Prefer the Hifiman orthos.
24% (29)Electronic is the most exciting: Prefer the Audeze orthos
26% (32)Electronic is the most most exciting. Prefer the Hifiman orthos.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 474/16/13 at 2:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by moodyrn
Not so with a "properly" driven he6. One of best I ever listened to when it comes to sound staging and especially imaging. Not so when driven with less than 6 to 8 watts.
And to further add, I consider the lcd3 and he6 1a and 1b. I love them both, slightly preferring the he6. But they are the two best I've ever listened to and that included .... Hd800, r10, t1, l3000.
The 6 is my favorite headphone with Classic Rock and yes, my speaker amp pumps 9W of tubey goodness into those 50 ohms although the LCD-3 is also very nice with that genre as well when driven by the SS Bakoon AMP-11R. Different flavors for different recordings and alternate frames of mind.
Could not help but notice the lack of the ATH-W3000ANV in your list of cans.
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Sennheiser HD800 in good condition. 9 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 46 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 2 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones up to £100 with DacMagic XS USB DAC 5 minutes ago
- › Whiplash Eclipse Twag V2 OM RSA / ALO Balanced (EU) 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)