Nice thread, please revive
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which one? Sennheiser HD 598's or Grado sr225i's? Last post on 10/20/13 at 6:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste - Page 4
Poll Results: You mainly an acoustic guy or electronic guy? Acoustic means the players are moving fingers or singing in real time, with no use of AutoTune. Electronics is pure elec. instruments, lots of post-process (Auto Tune)This is a multiple choice poll
120 Total Votespost #46 of 474/13/13 at 12:03pm
23% (28)Acoustic is my bread and butter. Prefer the Audeze orthos.
39% (47)Acoustic is my bread and butter. Prefer the Hifiman orthos.
24% (29)Electronic is the most exciting: Prefer the Audeze orthos
26% (32)Electronic is the most most exciting. Prefer the Hifiman orthos.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 474/16/13 at 2:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by moodyrn
Not so with a "properly" driven he6. One of best I ever listened to when it comes to sound staging and especially imaging. Not so when driven with less than 6 to 8 watts.
And to further add, I consider the lcd3 and he6 1a and 1b. I love them both, slightly preferring the he6. But they are the two best I've ever listened to and that included .... Hd800, r10, t1, l3000.
The 6 is my favorite headphone with Classic Rock and yes, my speaker amp pumps 9W of tubey goodness into those 50 ohms although the LCD-3 is also very nice with that genre as well when driven by the SS Bakoon AMP-11R. Different flavors for different recordings and alternate frames of mind.
Could not help but notice the lack of the ATH-W3000ANV in your list of cans.
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
- › Trade my UM Miracle for... 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › [TOUR] T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid - Australian Tour Thread -... 3 minutes ago
- › AKG 545 vs Sennheiser Momentum vs Sony MDR 1R 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 3 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 4 minutes ago
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude