Nice thread, please revive
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which one? Sennheiser HD 598's or Grado sr225i's? Last post on 10/20/13 at 6:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste - Page 4
Poll Results: You mainly an acoustic guy or electronic guy? Acoustic means the players are moving fingers or singing in real time, with no use of AutoTune. Electronics is pure elec. instruments, lots of post-process (Auto Tune)This is a multiple choice poll
120 Total Votespost #46 of 474/13/13 at 12:03pm
23% (28)Acoustic is my bread and butter. Prefer the Audeze orthos.
39% (47)Acoustic is my bread and butter. Prefer the Hifiman orthos.
24% (29)Electronic is the most exciting: Prefer the Audeze orthos
26% (32)Electronic is the most most exciting. Prefer the Hifiman orthos.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 474/16/13 at 2:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by moodyrn
Not so with a "properly" driven he6. One of best I ever listened to when it comes to sound staging and especially imaging. Not so when driven with less than 6 to 8 watts.
And to further add, I consider the lcd3 and he6 1a and 1b. I love them both, slightly preferring the he6. But they are the two best I've ever listened to and that included .... Hd800, r10, t1, l3000.
The 6 is my favorite headphone with Classic Rock and yes, my speaker amp pumps 9W of tubey goodness into those 50 ohms although the LCD-3 is also very nice with that genre as well when driven by the SS Bakoon AMP-11R. Different flavors for different recordings and alternate frames of mind.
Could not help but notice the lack of the ATH-W3000ANV in your list of cans.
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 32 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › HM-901 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Sennheiser HD650 Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › JDS labs O2 or C5 6 minutes ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 6 minutes ago
- › PRESS RELEASE: Sennheiser at IFA 2014 - The Future of Audio 7 minutes ago
- › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly 8 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF140 Triple Hybrid - AUSTRALIAN Tour Thread and Impressions 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)