- 90 Posts. Joined 4/2014
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by System, 8/22/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-W1000Xtagged by System, 8/22/12
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 8/22/12
- productEar Force X11 Amplified Stereo Headset with Chattagged by System, 8/22/12
- categoryGaming Headsetstagged by System, 8/22/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productKoss UR40 Collapsible Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7PP-W Retro Style Monitor Headphones (White)tagged by System, 8/22/12
- productPL50 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productSennheiser HD 202 Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12More
- productSennheiser PX 200 II B Closed on Ear Mini Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productSony MDR-V500DJ Monitor Series Headphones with Swivel Earcupstagged by System, 8/22/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- BEST BASS CANS $150 HELP!!!!!!!! Last post on 11/15/14 at 9:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good bass + comfortable headphone suggestions? Last post on 9/19/11 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones best for ipod use? Last post on 8/7/11 at 8:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica ATH-M35 Last post on 7/26/11 at 10:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 12/15/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an accurate...
Worst headphones you've ever bought - Page 10post #136 of 1625/16/14 at 8:44pmBeats studio V2. Yeah I know.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 1625/17/14 at 4:50pmpost #138 of 1625/17/14 at 5:57pmpost #139 of 1625/20/14 at 4:59am
Despite looking quite nice in pictures, truly terrible phones which Amazon are currently giving away
The worst sibilance I've ever heard, like being prodded in the ear with needles. Also almost Grado levels of sound leakage on what looks like a closed portable phone.
What makes them so disappointing is they're from such a well respected company.post #140 of 1629/24/16 at 11:21pmpost #141 of 1629/25/16 at 6:40ampost #142 of 16210/3/16 at 12:31pmpost #143 of 1624/6/17 at 8:33pm
The headphones that lead me in the direction of real Head-Fi headphones were my Turtle Beach HPA2 headphones, they were around a hundred dollars Canadian when I got them many many years ago and I really did enjoy them then. Now if I still had them I wouldn't let my dog listen to them, they had a small sound stage, tiny highs with no mids to speak of and awful loose flat bass. The microphone needed to be trimmed up because it wouldn't fit in the can it was supposed to attach to and it picked p all kinds of background noise.
But those aren't my worse headphones I ever had, after those finally bit the dust I decided to get a pair of Turtle Beach z6A headphones. Well..... I'm just going to say those were the worse headphones I ever had. I don't even want to remember how bad they were before they fell apart after being replaced and sent back TWICE for falling apart.
Turtle Beach Tech support was really nice, customer service was what you would expect, at least they got that part right.post #144 of 1624/6/17 at 8:35pm
Audeze LCD-X. I've had previous experience with the LCD2 and learned that it was far too heavy for any long-term comfort. I decided it'd be smart to try out a headphone that was even 100g heavier. Boy was I dumb.post #145 of 1624/6/17 at 8:42pmQuote:
At least you didn't go for the XC! Even heavier!post #146 of 1624/7/17 at 9:54pm
The Grado SR-325 GOLD version. Most painful treble i've ever heard and I have no issues with the treble on even the DT-990.
The SR-225i is really good though and I miss it.post #147 of 1624/7/17 at 10:09pm
Ironically I tried the XC a couple weeks prior to as a demo. I guess I thought I could live with the immense weight of the X if it had the godly sound that it was hyped up to have on head-fi.
It's a good sounding headphone no doubt, but nothing special.post #148 of 1624/7/17 at 10:54pmQuote:
Yep, 325 was not enjoyable!post #149 of 1624/8/17 at 2:24ampost #150 of 1624/8/17 at 2:37am
If I were to say that I bought a headphone that I didn't like, that would make me seem a little stupid 'cause I would be spending money on something that I'd not like. However, that unfortunately happened by means of the Grado RS1e. It wasn't the sound signature that I I was offended by, ironically it was the comfort! Being a light headphone, I thought this would not be a problem but the earpads (both large and small cups) really hurt the back of my ears. Good Lord Al'mighty!!
- Worst headphones you've ever bought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › REVIEW: Comparison of 5 High End Digital Music Servers - Aurender... 3 seconds ago
- › 64 Audio US CIEM Demo Tour - Tia Fourte' and U18 Tzar >>> Starting... 1 minute ago
- › 53mm Driver Transplant 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 6 minutes ago
- › Teac UD 503 DAC (2015 New Release, DXD, DSD256) 7 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 7 minutes ago
- › ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 8 minutes ago
- › It's 2017: good amp for AKG K240 DF's? 8 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further. 8 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 8 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear