whats the worst pair you've spent your money on?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productATH-W1000Xtagged by System, 8/22/12
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by System, 8/22/12
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 8/22/12
- productEar Force X11 Amplified Stereo Headset with Chattagged by System, 8/22/12
- categoryGaming Headsetstagged by System, 8/22/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productKoss UR40 Collapsible Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7PP-W Retro Style Monitor Headphones (White)tagged by System, 8/22/12
- productPL50 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productSennheiser HD 202 Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12More
- productSennheiser PX 200 II B Closed on Ear Mini Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productSony MDR-V500DJ Monitor Series Headphones with Swivel Earcupstagged by System, 8/22/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- BEST BASS CANS $150 HELP!!!!!!!! Last post on 11/15/14 at 9:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good bass + comfortable headphone suggestions? Last post on 9/19/11 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones best for ipod use? Last post on 8/7/11 at 8:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica ATH-M35 Last post on 7/26/11 at 10:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Audiosense is a new headphone brand in China which surprisingly produces many qualities headphones. The model V2mix4 comes from 4 drivers which are the combination of dynamic drivers and balanced...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
Worst headphones you've ever boughtpost #1 of 1398/21/12 at 2:10pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1398/21/12 at 2:16pmpost #3 of 1398/21/12 at 2:27pm
Ooh I can't wait see this thread get some posts running. Seems interesting. Anyways, the worst I have received were probably some cheap skull candies. Not sure on model, but were not so comfy. The quality was just horrible. Not just that, once you put them on, you looked like an idiot. >.< I am not a guy for Fashion over quality, but these looked ridiculous!post #4 of 1398/21/12 at 2:27pmGaming headset:
Tritton Ax Pro. $180 for a real multiple speaker headphone for true surround. It was horrible.
The Turtle Beach Z2 was just as bad, even with 50mm stereo drivers. Not to mention, the first pair broke as I took them out of the box the first time. Yeah.
As far as headphones... I'd say the Koss UR40. Tried two of them, and it was the most worthless pile of excrement I've heard. People love to mod these, which would make them better, but I bought them before I knew all about the mods. In stock form, they are a disaster.
The Sennheiser PX200-II was also horrible. Not because it wasn't capable, but because it was impossible to get a good seal, that everything sounded tinny. It also didn't stay in place. What good are headphones if the seal is very important but the design doesn't allow it?
The Skullcandy Lowriders were also just... ugh.
The Panasonic HTX7. They looked nice, but that sound quality was lol-worthy. I honestly felt the sound quality was worth $5. I honestly can't believe people like this thing. I'd buy one, transplant some good drivers, better pads, and recable.
The Sony XB500. Bass and mud, 24-7. Sounds like they have the flu. Even EQ-ing the hell out of them won't save their disgraceful sound signature. The XB700 is MUCH better.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/21/12 at 3:00pmpost #5 of 1398/21/12 at 2:29pm
Turtle Beach X11
Now I'm doing pretty good though. Have the UE TF10's and the Grado SR80i's. Lets hope I dont make any bad headphone decisions later!
Edited by wolfetan44 - 8/21/12 at 2:31pmpost #6 of 1398/21/12 at 2:32pmThread Starterpost #7 of 1398/21/12 at 2:33pm
Simultaneously dull and shrill and grainy, muddy as hell. Blender full of kazoos.
I didn't like my Grado SR60s either, but I could tell why some people like them ("3-D"-sounding mid-range). Therefore, the Sonys are the worst, because I can't tell why anyone would like them. They just have nothing going for them,
I've spent hours with both of these trying different EQ settings but it's no use.
Edited by machoboy - 8/21/12 at 2:37pmpost #8 of 1398/21/12 at 2:41pmpost #9 of 1398/21/12 at 2:45pmpost #10 of 1398/21/12 at 2:59pm
$30 Turtle Beach Z1 headset. -1/10. Absolutely terrible.
1. I had two pairs virtually disintergrate in 1 week.
2. They clamped very hard + a super aural design that crushed your ears and head + itchy pads
3. Sound was horrible
4. Mic was good actually.
I much preferred my $10 Logitech headset I bought at Target. I loved that little thing.post #11 of 1398/21/12 at 3:00pm
I don't have many drastic examples, other than the long-standing hatred of wraparound headphones. They always rubbed me the wrong way, mostly because of the fact that it's taking convenience and looks over any type of quality.
Also I do remember buying a $50 pair of Sony earbuds off of ebay before, only did because some people said the bass was good etc. They were awful, no matter how many earcushions they give you, it was enough to put me off of earbuds all together (Yes i've even heard pro-audio level ones and they rocked, but still aren't my thing.)post #12 of 1398/21/12 at 3:30pm
Exspect EX882, looked like a cheap chinese CX300/ EP 630 clone, sounded like bass muddy garbage.
Not a massive fan of the Denon AH-D310's I picked up either, even at £12. EQing them made them tolerable.post #13 of 1398/21/12 at 3:36pmpost #14 of 1398/21/12 at 4:22pm
For me, the HD 202, even though it was inexpensive at $20. They are just very uncomfortable and have poor sound quality, everything's just so muddy and bassy, and not even in a fun-sounding way. There are way better choices at that pricepoint.
- Worst headphones you've ever bought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › NuForce Udac-2 + Usb isolator, will it work? 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 minute ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 2 minutes ago
- › Mr Speakers Ether 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Gonig electrostatic 5 minutes ago
- › Ortofon E-Q5 (Free Shipping) 6 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 6 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 8 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by speedsters
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)