whats the worst pair you've spent your money on?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productATH-W1000Xtagged by System, 8/22/12
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by System, 8/22/12
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 8/22/12
- productEar Force X11 Amplified Stereo Headset with Chattagged by System, 8/22/12
- categoryGaming Headsetstagged by System, 8/22/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productKoss UR40 Collapsible Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7PP-W Retro Style Monitor Headphones (White)tagged by System, 8/22/12
- productPL50 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productSennheiser HD 202 Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12More
- productSennheiser PX 200 II B Closed on Ear Mini Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productSony MDR-V500DJ Monitor Series Headphones with Swivel Earcupstagged by System, 8/22/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- BEST BASS CANS $150 HELP!!!!!!!! Last post on 11/15/14 at 9:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good bass + comfortable headphone suggestions? Last post on 9/19/11 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones best for ipod use? Last post on 8/7/11 at 8:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica ATH-M35 Last post on 7/26/11 at 10:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about the term basshead headphones Last post on 11/27/12 at 10:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
The Brainwavz M1 has been widely toted as a popular option at under $50 for the last few years. Why is that the case? Well, because at the time of their debut, they were one the few balanced...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Intro After briefly owning and eventually selling the Audio Technica ATH - M50, there were quite a few things that I still desired in a closed headphone. I wanted something more comfortable...
Worst headphones you've ever boughtpost #1 of 1398/21/12 at 2:10pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1398/21/12 at 2:16pmpost #3 of 1398/21/12 at 2:27pm
Ooh I can't wait see this thread get some posts running. Seems interesting. Anyways, the worst I have received were probably some cheap skull candies. Not sure on model, but were not so comfy. The quality was just horrible. Not just that, once you put them on, you looked like an idiot. >.< I am not a guy for Fashion over quality, but these looked ridiculous!post #4 of 1398/21/12 at 2:27pmGaming headset:
Tritton Ax Pro. $180 for a real multiple speaker headphone for true surround. It was horrible.
The Turtle Beach Z2 was just as bad, even with 50mm stereo drivers. Not to mention, the first pair broke as I took them out of the box the first time. Yeah.
As far as headphones... I'd say the Koss UR40. Tried two of them, and it was the most worthless pile of excrement I've heard. People love to mod these, which would make them better, but I bought them before I knew all about the mods. In stock form, they are a disaster.
The Sennheiser PX200-II was also horrible. Not because it wasn't capable, but because it was impossible to get a good seal, that everything sounded tinny. It also didn't stay in place. What good are headphones if the seal is very important but the design doesn't allow it?
The Skullcandy Lowriders were also just... ugh.
The Panasonic HTX7. They looked nice, but that sound quality was lol-worthy. I honestly felt the sound quality was worth $5. I honestly can't believe people like this thing. I'd buy one, transplant some good drivers, better pads, and recable.
The Sony XB500. Bass and mud, 24-7. Sounds like they have the flu. Even EQ-ing the hell out of them won't save their disgraceful sound signature. The XB700 is MUCH better.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/21/12 at 3:00pmpost #5 of 1398/21/12 at 2:29pm
Turtle Beach X11
Now I'm doing pretty good though. Have the UE TF10's and the Grado SR80i's. Lets hope I dont make any bad headphone decisions later!
Edited by wolfetan44 - 8/21/12 at 2:31pmpost #6 of 1398/21/12 at 2:32pmThread Starterpost #7 of 1398/21/12 at 2:33pm
Simultaneously dull and shrill and grainy, muddy as hell. Blender full of kazoos.
I didn't like my Grado SR60s either, but I could tell why some people like them ("3-D"-sounding mid-range). Therefore, the Sonys are the worst, because I can't tell why anyone would like them. They just have nothing going for them,
I've spent hours with both of these trying different EQ settings but it's no use.
Edited by machoboy - 8/21/12 at 2:37pmpost #8 of 1398/21/12 at 2:41pmpost #9 of 1398/21/12 at 2:45pmpost #10 of 1398/21/12 at 2:59pm
$30 Turtle Beach Z1 headset. -1/10. Absolutely terrible.
1. I had two pairs virtually disintergrate in 1 week.
2. They clamped very hard + a super aural design that crushed your ears and head + itchy pads
3. Sound was horrible
4. Mic was good actually.
I much preferred my $10 Logitech headset I bought at Target. I loved that little thing.post #11 of 1398/21/12 at 3:00pm
I don't have many drastic examples, other than the long-standing hatred of wraparound headphones. They always rubbed me the wrong way, mostly because of the fact that it's taking convenience and looks over any type of quality.
Also I do remember buying a $50 pair of Sony earbuds off of ebay before, only did because some people said the bass was good etc. They were awful, no matter how many earcushions they give you, it was enough to put me off of earbuds all together (Yes i've even heard pro-audio level ones and they rocked, but still aren't my thing.)post #12 of 1398/21/12 at 3:30pm
Exspect EX882, looked like a cheap chinese CX300/ EP 630 clone, sounded like bass muddy garbage.
Not a massive fan of the Denon AH-D310's I picked up either, even at £12. EQing them made them tolerable.post #13 of 1398/21/12 at 3:36pmpost #14 of 1398/21/12 at 4:22pm
For me, the HD 202, even though it was inexpensive at $20. They are just very uncomfortable and have poor sound quality, everything's just so muddy and bassy, and not even in a fun-sounding way. There are way better choices at that pricepoint.
- Worst headphones you've ever bought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › ATH M50 Upgrades 49 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › lenovo W520 Speaker mod 1 minute ago
- › Bombproof headphones for general PC use? Upgrading from Soundmagic... 2 minutes ago
- › How do you get Virtual Surround Sound for PC gaming? 2 minutes ago
- › Cans for Ambient / Chillout ~$600 Upgrade from Q701 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 4 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 5 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by Tom22
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)