u have just redefined what is ON / OVER EAR ...:)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productLogitech UE 6000tagged by System, 3/6/13
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 8/22/12
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productUltimate Ears UE4000 Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productUltimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on 6/13/15 at 5:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New and looking for headphones. Last post on 3/3/11 at 5:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable use: Ultimate Ears 700, RE0/RE-ZERO, Audiotechnica ATH-M50 or Sennheiser HD25-1 II? Last post on 10/4/10 at 1:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- tried UE700s with my iP4, better altenatives? Last post on 9/7/10 at 2:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- around RM1000 in ears..... (Monster Turbine / UE 700 / Superfi 5vi / Klipsch custom 3) Last post on 8/30/10 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)
Last edited: 7/2/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread - Page 64post #946 of 95910/22/14 at 8:41am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #947 of 95910/22/14 at 9:14ampost #948 of 95910/22/14 at 7:48pmpost #949 of 9592/5/15 at 1:41am
A little more than a year after I'd purchased my UE 900's - all the while I'd grudgingly accepted the niggling faults and idiosyncrasies - they died. The battery died, that is. They still worked wired, but they are BT headphones and without that they are dead to me.
I did rip them apart to see inside where the battery is located and it was a Sony with a part number. I'm sure it is readily available.
But no, I couldn't risk fixing them when they were still under warranty so I took them back.
I chose a pair of Bose Sound Links as my replacements. On ears they are, as opposed to the all encompassing UE9000's, and I am very happy with the purchase, I mean refund. What really does it for me is how easy they are to use. They just work, without any ado, which compared to the Logitechs is such a blessing. I find the volume and other controls much easier to operate as well as working the BT connectivity. It just works. And the way they speak the battery level every time you turn them on! It is very handy actually. Not that the battery does wear down fast. The Bose headphones batteries last very well in my judgement.
Possibly the UE9000's have a more dynamic sound, but the Bose pair command a very broad soundstage and the instruments are separated and defined. I'm pretty happy with the sound but not ecstatic. Comfortable, reliable , portable, listenable.
For mobile headphones I'm done.post #950 of 9593/22/15 at 4:29pmpost #951 of 9594/8/15 at 12:26pmpost #952 of 9594/8/15 at 2:49pm
Yes, they are easy to drive. I used the UE 6000 in passive mode for a several months with a Kaito KA1102 Shortwave radio, mainly listening to FM stereo, with good results.
Edited by MarcoGV - 4/8/15 at 2:55pmpost #953 of 9594/17/15 at 12:00pmQuote:
on my samsung gs3 and lg g3, i think they sound rather quiet in passive mode. the reason i bought a fiio e11 is because my ue6000 didn't quite get loud enough. it's a little bit louder in active mode but in passive mode, i thought it needed a boost. however, my best friend uses his UE6000 with his iphone5s with no problem it seems.post #954 of 9594/18/15 at 2:19ampost #955 of 9594/18/15 at 2:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by lawrecedent
You remember wrong, I am afraid. The UE6000 changes character from a laid-back warm-to-mid-centered headphone to a recessed-mid monster when you go from passive to noise-canceling mode. See http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000.post #956 of 9594/18/15 at 10:35pmQuote:I fail to see how anything you have said contradicts my comments. To reiterate, I found them quiet on my Note 3 unless on full volume. With and amp they didn't obviously need maxing and the sq improved. Personally I just used them active.Originally Posted by MarcoGV
You remember wrong, I am afraid. The UE6000 changes character from a laid-back warm-to-mid-centered headphone to a recessed-mid monster when you go from passive to noise-canceling mode. See http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000.post #957 of 9594/19/15 at 7:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by lawrecedent
Quote:I fail to see how anything you have said contradicts my comments. To reiterate, I found them quiet on my Note 3 unless on full volume. With and amp they didn't obviously need maxing and the sq improved. Personally I just used them active.Originally Posted by MarcoGV
You remember wrong, I am afraid. The UE6000 changes character from a laid-back warm-to-mid-centered headphone to a recessed-mid monster when you go from passive to noise-canceling mode. See http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000.
I think that this is just another example of the ambiguity of natural languages. Some readers will think that my comment made sense; others will not. Here is an attempt to make this more precise. You wrote: "I seem to the remember that the noise canceling was not very noticeable on these cans." I understood: "There is very little difference between the sound signature of this can with or without noise canceling." It seems that I misunderstood.post #958 of 9594/20/15 at 12:47pmpost #959 of 9594/20/15 at 12:53pm
- [REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › Companies that take advantage of audio enthusiasts 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 7 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 9 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 12 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (August 30, 2015) Impressions Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Headphone amplifier 16 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by dragon2knight
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2