u have just redefined what is ON / OVER EAR ...:)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productLogitech UE 6000tagged by System, 3/6/13
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 8/22/12
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productUltimate Ears UE4000 Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productUltimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on 6/13/15 at 5:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New and looking for headphones. Last post on 3/3/11 at 5:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable use: Ultimate Ears 700, RE0/RE-ZERO, Audiotechnica ATH-M50 or Sennheiser HD25-1 II? Last post on 10/4/10 at 1:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- tried UE700s with my iP4, better altenatives? Last post on 9/7/10 at 2:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- around RM1000 in ears..... (Monster Turbine / UE 700 / Superfi 5vi / Klipsch custom 3) Last post on 8/30/10 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
This review is for the iclever IC-BTH01 Bluetooth Stereo Headset INTRODUCTION Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in...
Introduction: Cayin is a Chinese company that has recently made quite a splash in the portable audio world with some of their very nice and budget friendly portable gear. The C5 amplifier has...
[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread - Page 64post #946 of 95910/22/14 at 8:41am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #947 of 95910/22/14 at 9:14ampost #948 of 95910/22/14 at 7:48pmpost #949 of 9592/5/15 at 1:41am
A little more than a year after I'd purchased my UE 900's - all the while I'd grudgingly accepted the niggling faults and idiosyncrasies - they died. The battery died, that is. They still worked wired, but they are BT headphones and without that they are dead to me.
I did rip them apart to see inside where the battery is located and it was a Sony with a part number. I'm sure it is readily available.
But no, I couldn't risk fixing them when they were still under warranty so I took them back.
I chose a pair of Bose Sound Links as my replacements. On ears they are, as opposed to the all encompassing UE9000's, and I am very happy with the purchase, I mean refund. What really does it for me is how easy they are to use. They just work, without any ado, which compared to the Logitechs is such a blessing. I find the volume and other controls much easier to operate as well as working the BT connectivity. It just works. And the way they speak the battery level every time you turn them on! It is very handy actually. Not that the battery does wear down fast. The Bose headphones batteries last very well in my judgement.
Possibly the UE9000's have a more dynamic sound, but the Bose pair command a very broad soundstage and the instruments are separated and defined. I'm pretty happy with the sound but not ecstatic. Comfortable, reliable , portable, listenable.
For mobile headphones I'm done.post #950 of 9593/22/15 at 4:29pmpost #951 of 9594/8/15 at 12:26pmpost #952 of 9594/8/15 at 2:49pm
Yes, they are easy to drive. I used the UE 6000 in passive mode for a several months with a Kaito KA1102 Shortwave radio, mainly listening to FM stereo, with good results.
Edited by MarcoGV - 4/8/15 at 2:55pmpost #953 of 9594/17/15 at 12:00pmQuote:
on my samsung gs3 and lg g3, i think they sound rather quiet in passive mode. the reason i bought a fiio e11 is because my ue6000 didn't quite get loud enough. it's a little bit louder in active mode but in passive mode, i thought it needed a boost. however, my best friend uses his UE6000 with his iphone5s with no problem it seems.post #954 of 9594/18/15 at 2:19ampost #955 of 9594/18/15 at 2:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by lawrecedent
You remember wrong, I am afraid. The UE6000 changes character from a laid-back warm-to-mid-centered headphone to a recessed-mid monster when you go from passive to noise-canceling mode. See http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000.post #956 of 9594/18/15 at 10:35pmQuote:I fail to see how anything you have said contradicts my comments. To reiterate, I found them quiet on my Note 3 unless on full volume. With and amp they didn't obviously need maxing and the sq improved. Personally I just used them active.Originally Posted by MarcoGV
You remember wrong, I am afraid. The UE6000 changes character from a laid-back warm-to-mid-centered headphone to a recessed-mid monster when you go from passive to noise-canceling mode. See http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000.post #957 of 9594/19/15 at 7:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by lawrecedent
Quote:I fail to see how anything you have said contradicts my comments. To reiterate, I found them quiet on my Note 3 unless on full volume. With and amp they didn't obviously need maxing and the sq improved. Personally I just used them active.Originally Posted by MarcoGV
You remember wrong, I am afraid. The UE6000 changes character from a laid-back warm-to-mid-centered headphone to a recessed-mid monster when you go from passive to noise-canceling mode. See http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000.
I think that this is just another example of the ambiguity of natural languages. Some readers will think that my comment made sense; others will not. Here is an attempt to make this more precise. You wrote: "I seem to the remember that the noise canceling was not very noticeable on these cans." I understood: "There is very little difference between the sound signature of this can with or without noise canceling." It seems that I misunderstood.post #958 of 9594/20/15 at 12:47pmpost #959 of 9594/20/15 at 12:53pm
- [REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 23 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 57 seconds ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 2-2.5k to put together awesome over ear line up + amp / dac - need... 1 minute ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 4 minutes ago
- › The Leben CS300XS Thread 4 minutes ago
- › EarSonics S-EM6 Six driver universal IEM 6 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › AKG Y50 Black On-Ear Headphone with In-Line One-Button Universal... by acain
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by Chaoturbo
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)