u have just redefined what is ON / OVER EAR ...:)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productLogitech UE 6000tagged by System, 3/6/13
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 8/22/12
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productUltimate Ears UE4000 Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productUltimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on 11/10/15 at 9:12am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New and looking for headphones. Last post on 3/3/11 at 5:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable use: Ultimate Ears 700, RE0/RE-ZERO, Audiotechnica ATH-M50 or Sennheiser HD25-1 II? Last post on 10/4/10 at 1:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- tried UE700s with my iP4, better altenatives? Last post on 9/7/10 at 2:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- around RM1000 in ears..... (Monster Turbine / UE 700 / Superfi 5vi / Klipsch custom 3) Last post on 8/30/10 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)
Last edited: 1/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread - Page 64post #946 of 96010/22/14 at 8:41am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #947 of 96010/22/14 at 9:14ampost #948 of 96010/22/14 at 7:48pmpost #949 of 9602/5/15 at 1:41am
A little more than a year after I'd purchased my UE 900's - all the while I'd grudgingly accepted the niggling faults and idiosyncrasies - they died. The battery died, that is. They still worked wired, but they are BT headphones and without that they are dead to me.
I did rip them apart to see inside where the battery is located and it was a Sony with a part number. I'm sure it is readily available.
But no, I couldn't risk fixing them when they were still under warranty so I took them back.
I chose a pair of Bose Sound Links as my replacements. On ears they are, as opposed to the all encompassing UE9000's, and I am very happy with the purchase, I mean refund. What really does it for me is how easy they are to use. They just work, without any ado, which compared to the Logitechs is such a blessing. I find the volume and other controls much easier to operate as well as working the BT connectivity. It just works. And the way they speak the battery level every time you turn them on! It is very handy actually. Not that the battery does wear down fast. The Bose headphones batteries last very well in my judgement.
Possibly the UE9000's have a more dynamic sound, but the Bose pair command a very broad soundstage and the instruments are separated and defined. I'm pretty happy with the sound but not ecstatic. Comfortable, reliable , portable, listenable.
For mobile headphones I'm done.post #950 of 9603/22/15 at 4:29pmpost #951 of 9604/8/15 at 12:26pmpost #952 of 9604/8/15 at 2:49pm
Yes, they are easy to drive. I used the UE 6000 in passive mode for a several months with a Kaito KA1102 Shortwave radio, mainly listening to FM stereo, with good results.
Edited by MarcoGV - 4/8/15 at 2:55pmpost #953 of 9604/17/15 at 12:00pmQuote:
on my samsung gs3 and lg g3, i think they sound rather quiet in passive mode. the reason i bought a fiio e11 is because my ue6000 didn't quite get loud enough. it's a little bit louder in active mode but in passive mode, i thought it needed a boost. however, my best friend uses his UE6000 with his iphone5s with no problem it seems.post #954 of 9604/18/15 at 2:19ampost #955 of 9604/18/15 at 2:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by lawrecedent
You remember wrong, I am afraid. The UE6000 changes character from a laid-back warm-to-mid-centered headphone to a recessed-mid monster when you go from passive to noise-canceling mode. See http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000.post #956 of 9604/18/15 at 10:35pmQuote:I fail to see how anything you have said contradicts my comments. To reiterate, I found them quiet on my Note 3 unless on full volume. With and amp they didn't obviously need maxing and the sq improved. Personally I just used them active.Originally Posted by MarcoGV
You remember wrong, I am afraid. The UE6000 changes character from a laid-back warm-to-mid-centered headphone to a recessed-mid monster when you go from passive to noise-canceling mode. See http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000.post #957 of 9604/19/15 at 7:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by lawrecedent
Quote:I fail to see how anything you have said contradicts my comments. To reiterate, I found them quiet on my Note 3 unless on full volume. With and amp they didn't obviously need maxing and the sq improved. Personally I just used them active.Originally Posted by MarcoGV
You remember wrong, I am afraid. The UE6000 changes character from a laid-back warm-to-mid-centered headphone to a recessed-mid monster when you go from passive to noise-canceling mode. See http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000.
I think that this is just another example of the ambiguity of natural languages. Some readers will think that my comment made sense; others will not. Here is an attempt to make this more precise. You wrote: "I seem to the remember that the noise canceling was not very noticeable on these cans." I understood: "There is very little difference between the sound signature of this can with or without noise canceling." It seems that I misunderstood.post #958 of 9604/20/15 at 12:47pmpost #959 of 9604/20/15 at 12:53pmpost #960 of 9609/9/15 at 8:44am
I'm soon to be the happy owner of a pair of UE6000's :) I just ordered a shop soiled black pair from amazon for only 50 euros. Really excited to be getting these and at a knock down price.
Unfortunately the unit does not come with the light blue audio lead or any accessories. Well that's not so bad because I don't like the color of it anyway. Light blue is a bit too loud for me ( I'm not young ) and a bit too 'beatsy' whereas otherwise I think the look of the headphones themselves look very snazzy in black !
So I am looking for a very nice high quality black cable that will go with these, with or without the mic control system (for android) . I own already a pair of MDR-1R which has a very nice cable but it's brown and it's won't match the UE6000. Would anyone have a recommendation , thanks.
- [REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Cologne-fi 30 seconds ago
- › Shanling M3 41 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 49 seconds ago
- › Selecting your first turntable setup - Get the biggest bang for... 2 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM BassHEAD club) 2 minutes ago
- › LCD-4 with SE and Balanced cable FOR Abyss AB-1266 2 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 4 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 4 minutes ago
- › New member roll call open "soap box" thread 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › Edifier P275 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Monitor Earphones - Black by ngoshawk
- › Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E by RockeyDA
- › Campfire Audio Orion by cleg
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse