- 43 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Location: Wisconsin
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productLogitech UE 6000tagged by System, 3/6/13
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 8/22/12
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productUltimate Ears UE4000 Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productUltimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on 2/20/15 at 9:28am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New and looking for headphones. Last post on 3/3/11 at 5:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable use: Ultimate Ears 700, RE0/RE-ZERO, Audiotechnica ATH-M50 or Sennheiser HD25-1 II? Last post on 10/4/10 at 1:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- tried UE700s with my iP4, better altenatives? Last post on 9/7/10 at 2:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- around RM1000 in ears..... (Monster Turbine / UE 700 / Superfi 5vi / Klipsch custom 3) Last post on 8/30/10 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 12/7/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread - Page 53post #781 of 9508/16/13 at 3:23pmHas anyone else noticed that the UE6000 seem quiet?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #782 of 9508/16/13 at 4:43pmpost #783 of 9508/16/13 at 4:48pmQuote:
Yeah thats what I figured, I ordered the E17 so I've been asking around to see if an amp is what they need and the general consensus is yes. So now I wait for it to come in the mail and I'll post back with impressions etc.post #784 of 9508/16/13 at 6:58pmQuote:
Plus the UE9000's bluetooth is a bit buggy and they are way bigger/heavier than the UE6000s. I would go with the latter. Soundwise they're pretty close (like too close to call). But I rarely used the UE9000s in bluetooth mode.post #785 of 9508/17/13 at 12:19pmpost #786 of 9508/17/13 at 2:39pmQuote:
If you want an amp/DAC then go with the Fiio e07k or e17, e17 is better, the DAC wont work out of your iPhone though only if you listen through your computer but the amp will work on anything. But if you just want the amp or if you want to save money get the Fiio e11, it uses the same amp as the e17 I believe if not its similar but its half the price it just doesnt have a DAC or the features of the e07k/e17. There is also the option of getting a DIY amp or Cmoy.post #787 of 9508/17/13 at 2:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kaupakay
If you want an amp/DAC then go with the Fiio e07k or e17, e17 is better, the DAC wont work out of your iPhone though only if you listen through your computer but the amp will work on anything. But if you just want the amp or if you want to save money get the Fiio e11, it uses the same amp as the e17 I believe if not its similar but its half the price it just doesnt have a DAC or the features of the e07k/e17. There is also the option of getting a DIY amp or Cmoy.
Thanks! I'll be using it mostly on the iPhone and occassionally on the mbp. Would the DAC work with the mbp?post #788 of 9508/18/13 at 3:15ampost #789 of 9508/18/13 at 2:59pmpost #790 of 9508/19/13 at 3:37ampost #791 of 9508/19/13 at 10:42ampost #792 of 9508/19/13 at 7:13pmQuote:
Yes the DAC will work with any computer. But the DAC will not work with your iPhone, only the amp will be used when you listen through your iPhone. So if you rarely listen with your Mac then I would suggest the E11 as a better value.post #793 of 9508/20/13 at 2:25pm
I saw a post today about Best Buy running a sale on the UE6000s for $99. I work close to a BB so at lunch, I ran out and checked it out. Sure enough, the post was correct and I got the last one (Head-fi my wallet thanks you). Anyway, I've been A/B'ing these against my next best headphones, the Creative Aurvana Live!. Instead of getting blown away by the UE's I'm finding that I slightly prefer the CAL!s due to the treble and overall clarity. The UE's just seem veiled (or rolled off maybe) in the treble region in passive mode. Activating the NC boosts the bass and treble like others have mentioned and the mids suffer. Will burn in or maybe an amp help the UE's treble? I have an E5 at home I'm going to try later.
I'm going to continue to evaluate these. Love the comfort and folding option. Also, the bass on the UE's has more impact and is fuller sounding as compared to the CAL!s. However, if things don't improve, I might have to return these even with the $99 price tag.
Perhaps I'm just crazy. BTW, my source is a Cowon D2+ which is supposed to have good output power for a portable.post #794 of 9508/22/13 at 1:02amThe rolled off treble is the reason why I did not keep them..burning in won't magically change it. Some people like it, some don't, I suggest u return it if so. I have heard the CAL from a friend, I think they have incredible value for money. IIRC, the ue6000 has more details, but sound less engaging to me(ymmv)post #795 of 9508/22/13 at 4:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Ophiel
The rolled off treble is the reason why I did not keep them..burning in won't magically change it. Some people like it, some don't, I suggest u return it if so. I have heard the CAL from a friend, I think they have incredible value for money. IIRC, the ue6000 has more details, but sound less engaging to me(ymmv)
Yeah, I ended up returning the UE6000s. Spent several hours going back and forth between them and the CAL!s using different sources at times. Every time I'd put on the CAL!, it was like a veil was being lifted. Best way I know to describe it. Vocals also seemed more clear and natural. Right now, the CAL!s are my all time favorite with headphones or IEMs. I haven't ventured into mid or hi-fi though due to financial constraints.
- [REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)
- › (WTB) Estron Linum® MMCX BaX 25 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 27 seconds ago
- › I just failed the Tidal streaming equipment test!!! 38 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a pair of headphones for gaming 2 minutes ago
- › Ipod classic vs ibasso dx50 vs sansa clip 2 minutes ago
- › Need help finding a headphone extension cable please 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2