- 44 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Location: Wisconsin
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productLogitech UE 6000tagged by System, 3/6/13
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 8/22/12
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productUltimate Ears UE4000 Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productUltimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on 11/10/15 at 9:12am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New and looking for headphones. Last post on 3/3/11 at 5:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable use: Ultimate Ears 700, RE0/RE-ZERO, Audiotechnica ATH-M50 or Sennheiser HD25-1 II? Last post on 10/4/10 at 1:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- tried UE700s with my iP4, better altenatives? Last post on 9/7/10 at 2:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- around RM1000 in ears..... (Monster Turbine / UE 700 / Superfi 5vi / Klipsch custom 3) Last post on 8/30/10 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread - Page 53post #781 of 9628/16/13 at 3:23pmHas anyone else noticed that the UE6000 seem quiet?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #782 of 9628/16/13 at 4:43pmpost #783 of 9628/16/13 at 4:48pmQuote:
Yeah thats what I figured, I ordered the E17 so I've been asking around to see if an amp is what they need and the general consensus is yes. So now I wait for it to come in the mail and I'll post back with impressions etc.post #784 of 9628/16/13 at 6:58pmQuote:
Plus the UE9000's bluetooth is a bit buggy and they are way bigger/heavier than the UE6000s. I would go with the latter. Soundwise they're pretty close (like too close to call). But I rarely used the UE9000s in bluetooth mode.post #785 of 9628/17/13 at 12:19pmpost #786 of 9628/17/13 at 2:39pmQuote:
If you want an amp/DAC then go with the Fiio e07k or e17, e17 is better, the DAC wont work out of your iPhone though only if you listen through your computer but the amp will work on anything. But if you just want the amp or if you want to save money get the Fiio e11, it uses the same amp as the e17 I believe if not its similar but its half the price it just doesnt have a DAC or the features of the e07k/e17. There is also the option of getting a DIY amp or Cmoy.post #787 of 9628/17/13 at 2:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kaupakay
If you want an amp/DAC then go with the Fiio e07k or e17, e17 is better, the DAC wont work out of your iPhone though only if you listen through your computer but the amp will work on anything. But if you just want the amp or if you want to save money get the Fiio e11, it uses the same amp as the e17 I believe if not its similar but its half the price it just doesnt have a DAC or the features of the e07k/e17. There is also the option of getting a DIY amp or Cmoy.
Thanks! I'll be using it mostly on the iPhone and occassionally on the mbp. Would the DAC work with the mbp?post #788 of 9628/18/13 at 3:15ampost #789 of 9628/18/13 at 2:59pmpost #790 of 9628/19/13 at 3:37ampost #791 of 9628/19/13 at 10:42ampost #792 of 9628/19/13 at 7:13pmQuote:
Yes the DAC will work with any computer. But the DAC will not work with your iPhone, only the amp will be used when you listen through your iPhone. So if you rarely listen with your Mac then I would suggest the E11 as a better value.post #793 of 9628/20/13 at 2:25pm
I saw a post today about Best Buy running a sale on the UE6000s for $99. I work close to a BB so at lunch, I ran out and checked it out. Sure enough, the post was correct and I got the last one (Head-fi my wallet thanks you). Anyway, I've been A/B'ing these against my next best headphones, the Creative Aurvana Live!. Instead of getting blown away by the UE's I'm finding that I slightly prefer the CAL!s due to the treble and overall clarity. The UE's just seem veiled (or rolled off maybe) in the treble region in passive mode. Activating the NC boosts the bass and treble like others have mentioned and the mids suffer. Will burn in or maybe an amp help the UE's treble? I have an E5 at home I'm going to try later.
I'm going to continue to evaluate these. Love the comfort and folding option. Also, the bass on the UE's has more impact and is fuller sounding as compared to the CAL!s. However, if things don't improve, I might have to return these even with the $99 price tag.
Perhaps I'm just crazy. BTW, my source is a Cowon D2+ which is supposed to have good output power for a portable.post #794 of 9628/22/13 at 1:02amThe rolled off treble is the reason why I did not keep them..burning in won't magically change it. Some people like it, some don't, I suggest u return it if so. I have heard the CAL from a friend, I think they have incredible value for money. IIRC, the ue6000 has more details, but sound less engaging to me(ymmv)post #795 of 9628/22/13 at 4:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Ophiel
The rolled off treble is the reason why I did not keep them..burning in won't magically change it. Some people like it, some don't, I suggest u return it if so. I have heard the CAL from a friend, I think they have incredible value for money. IIRC, the ue6000 has more details, but sound less engaging to me(ymmv)
Yeah, I ended up returning the UE6000s. Spent several hours going back and forth between them and the CAL!s using different sources at times. Every time I'd put on the CAL!, it was like a veil was being lifted. Best way I know to describe it. Vocals also seemed more clear and natural. Right now, the CAL!s are my all time favorite with headphones or IEMs. I haven't ventured into mid or hi-fi though due to financial constraints.
- [REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › ifi Pro iCAN 2 minutes ago
- › Toss-up between the RHA MA750, Shure SE215 or Trinity Audio Atlas... 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Review of the Little-Dot MKII Tube Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp 4 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear