- 44 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Location: Wisconsin
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productLogitech UE 6000tagged by System, 3/6/13
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 8/22/12
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productUltimate Ears UE4000 Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productUltimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on 11/10/15 at 9:12am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New and looking for headphones. Last post on 3/3/11 at 5:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable use: Ultimate Ears 700, RE0/RE-ZERO, Audiotechnica ATH-M50 or Sennheiser HD25-1 II? Last post on 10/4/10 at 1:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- tried UE700s with my iP4, better altenatives? Last post on 9/7/10 at 2:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- around RM1000 in ears..... (Monster Turbine / UE 700 / Superfi 5vi / Klipsch custom 3) Last post on 8/30/10 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)
Last edited: 1/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread - Page 53post #781 of 9628/16/13 at 3:23pmHas anyone else noticed that the UE6000 seem quiet?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #782 of 9628/16/13 at 4:43pmpost #783 of 9628/16/13 at 4:48pmQuote:
Yeah thats what I figured, I ordered the E17 so I've been asking around to see if an amp is what they need and the general consensus is yes. So now I wait for it to come in the mail and I'll post back with impressions etc.post #784 of 9628/16/13 at 6:58pmQuote:
Plus the UE9000's bluetooth is a bit buggy and they are way bigger/heavier than the UE6000s. I would go with the latter. Soundwise they're pretty close (like too close to call). But I rarely used the UE9000s in bluetooth mode.post #785 of 9628/17/13 at 12:19pmpost #786 of 9628/17/13 at 2:39pmQuote:
If you want an amp/DAC then go with the Fiio e07k or e17, e17 is better, the DAC wont work out of your iPhone though only if you listen through your computer but the amp will work on anything. But if you just want the amp or if you want to save money get the Fiio e11, it uses the same amp as the e17 I believe if not its similar but its half the price it just doesnt have a DAC or the features of the e07k/e17. There is also the option of getting a DIY amp or Cmoy.post #787 of 9628/17/13 at 2:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kaupakay
If you want an amp/DAC then go with the Fiio e07k or e17, e17 is better, the DAC wont work out of your iPhone though only if you listen through your computer but the amp will work on anything. But if you just want the amp or if you want to save money get the Fiio e11, it uses the same amp as the e17 I believe if not its similar but its half the price it just doesnt have a DAC or the features of the e07k/e17. There is also the option of getting a DIY amp or Cmoy.
Thanks! I'll be using it mostly on the iPhone and occassionally on the mbp. Would the DAC work with the mbp?post #788 of 9628/18/13 at 3:15ampost #789 of 9628/18/13 at 2:59pmpost #790 of 9628/19/13 at 3:37ampost #791 of 9628/19/13 at 10:42ampost #792 of 9628/19/13 at 7:13pmQuote:
Yes the DAC will work with any computer. But the DAC will not work with your iPhone, only the amp will be used when you listen through your iPhone. So if you rarely listen with your Mac then I would suggest the E11 as a better value.post #793 of 9628/20/13 at 2:25pm
I saw a post today about Best Buy running a sale on the UE6000s for $99. I work close to a BB so at lunch, I ran out and checked it out. Sure enough, the post was correct and I got the last one (Head-fi my wallet thanks you). Anyway, I've been A/B'ing these against my next best headphones, the Creative Aurvana Live!. Instead of getting blown away by the UE's I'm finding that I slightly prefer the CAL!s due to the treble and overall clarity. The UE's just seem veiled (or rolled off maybe) in the treble region in passive mode. Activating the NC boosts the bass and treble like others have mentioned and the mids suffer. Will burn in or maybe an amp help the UE's treble? I have an E5 at home I'm going to try later.
I'm going to continue to evaluate these. Love the comfort and folding option. Also, the bass on the UE's has more impact and is fuller sounding as compared to the CAL!s. However, if things don't improve, I might have to return these even with the $99 price tag.
Perhaps I'm just crazy. BTW, my source is a Cowon D2+ which is supposed to have good output power for a portable.post #794 of 9628/22/13 at 1:02amThe rolled off treble is the reason why I did not keep them..burning in won't magically change it. Some people like it, some don't, I suggest u return it if so. I have heard the CAL from a friend, I think they have incredible value for money. IIRC, the ue6000 has more details, but sound less engaging to me(ymmv)post #795 of 9628/22/13 at 4:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Ophiel
The rolled off treble is the reason why I did not keep them..burning in won't magically change it. Some people like it, some don't, I suggest u return it if so. I have heard the CAL from a friend, I think they have incredible value for money. IIRC, the ue6000 has more details, but sound less engaging to me(ymmv)
Yeah, I ended up returning the UE6000s. Spent several hours going back and forth between them and the CAL!s using different sources at times. Every time I'd put on the CAL!, it was like a veil was being lifted. Best way I know to describe it. Vocals also seemed more clear and natural. Right now, the CAL!s are my all time favorite with headphones or IEMs. I haven't ventured into mid or hi-fi though due to financial constraints.
- [REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › RHA T10 Review by mark2410 18 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 38 seconds ago
- › Serious Audio Stutter Via Bluetooth - From Macbook Pro 2011 and... 1 minute ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...