Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 -... - Page 6

post #76 of 944
Oh, and may I say that all headphones sound absolutely fantastic. Its kinda like debating which one of the three hottest models or celebrities you would prefer. You can nitpick, but if you land one of the three, i guarantee you would be happy with either of the three.

Also take price into account too
post #77 of 944

Why is every1 commenting on UE6000? Isn't UE9000 available yet or is it worse? :p

post #78 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

Why is every1 commenting on UE6000? Isn't UE9000 available yet or is it worse? :p


Tyll indicated the sound is identical.  There's probably more feedback on the UE6000 based on the price point and more people buying.  For me, I don't need bluetooth and have the same sound at half the cost.  fyi, I have been out for the past hour listening in passive mode through my E11- fantastic portable sound.

post #79 of 944

So the UE9000 can't be used in wired mode or what?

post #80 of 944

I am trying to get the UE9000 too.  I'll report back if it happens.

Reply
post #81 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosecraft View Post

So the UE9000 can't be used in wired mode or what?


I believe it also has a wired mode.

post #82 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosecraft View Post

So the UE9000 can't be used in wired mode or what?

If you run oout of batteries you can use wired mode. I´m about to buy it. But I will wait a little longer just in case..

post #83 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

Right now I am listening to the UE 6000.  I drove an hour to an Apple store in New Jersey to pick them up.  There's no need for me to write a review, just read Tyll's.  Everything he said is right on the money.  I am in disbelief these are only $200.  I also consider these excellent multi-genre headphones.  For example, I am listening to Dan Fogelberg in passive mode and Pitbull in active mode

 

OK, so you can switch off the NC and operate the UE6000 in passive mode, just like the PSB M4U2? I saw these today at the Apple store but the packaging just seemed to indicate "active noise cancelling" so I walked away.

post #84 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

 

OK, so you can switch off the NC and operate the UE6000 in passive mode, just like the PSB M4U2? I saw these today at the Apple store but the packaging just seemed to indicate "active noise cancelling" so I walked away.


Yes and like the M4U2 they sound as good, if not better, in passive mode with your own amp.  I would say the SQ is comparable to the M4U2 and the UE6000 is a little more "fun" of a listen in active mode at half the price.

post #85 of 944

You can use the UE6000 without the NC.  I am enjoying them right now without NC on.  I am very impressed by them.  These sound better than $199 IMO.  I have something in mind but I won't say it just yet.  I need more ear time to confirm.

 


Edited by HiFiGuy528 - 10/5/12 at 10:07pm
Reply
post #86 of 944

Really have to concider these UE6000, at $199 it looks like a steal, shame they don't have a non-NC version but it seems even a fair deal with it there. ^^ I mean if it could be bought at $149 for example without NC, omg. xD 

 

The bass just measures like extremely good, indicates very tight and controlled bass response, similar bass like found in Philips L1.

 

My only concern is that it might be too subbass skewed for my needs, the bass is centered around 30Hz when I'd want it to be centered around 80Hz, crap cuz it looked quite perfect otherwise.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 10/6/12 at 12:16am
post #87 of 944

I know a few commented on imaging and soundstage, but how well would you guys rate these on a scale from absolute best to worse with competing products?

 

I'm highly interested in these as they seem quite portable, closed, and honestly a steel at this price point.

post #88 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


Yes and like the M4U2 they sound as good, if not better, in passive mode with your own amp.  I would say the SQ is comparable to the M4U2 and the UE6000 is a little more "fun" of a listen in active mode at half the price.

 

Thank you. I will check them out.

 

I ended up getting the UE4000 for $100, just out of curiosity. I wasn't expecting much but seems like they compete with the likes of the B&W P5, except in terms of  soundstaging and space (it's a bit cramped in there). I mean, they really do nothing wrong, FR is balanced, no brightness, sibilance problems or bass bloat, although the overall bass range is somewhat indistinct. Some will find the midrange a bit forward when you turn up the volume. But the biggest asset of the UE4000 is that it just sounds so musical. My fave pop tunes sound the way I always remembered them sounding.

post #89 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

Really have to concider these UE6000, at $199 it looks like a steal, shame they don't have a non-NC version but it seems even a fair deal with it there. ^^ I mean if it could be bought at $149 for example without NC, omg. xD 

 

The bass just measures like extremely good, indicates very tight and controlled bass response, similar bass like found in Philips L1.

 

My only concern is that it might be too subbass skewed for my needs, the bass is centered around 30Hz when I'd want it to be centered around 80Hz, crap cuz it looked quite perfect otherwise.


For me, I am not hearing too much of a subbbass skew at all, just very, very good overall bass.  Fyi, with the active mode, bass is somewhat uncontrolled. In passive mode with an amp is when the bass potential of these really shines.

post #90 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

 

Thank you. I will check them out.

 

I ended up getting the UE4000 for $100, just out of curiosity. I wasn't expecting much but seems like they compete with the likes of the B&W P5, except in terms of  soundstaging and space (it's a bit cramped in there). I mean, they really do nothing wrong, FR is balanced, no brightness, sibilance problems or bass bloat, although the overall bass range is somewhat indistinct. Some will find the midrange a bit forward when you turn up the volume. But the biggest asset of the UE4000 is that it just sounds so musical. My fave pop tunes sound the way I always remembered them sounding.


Based on reviews, there is a world of difference between the UE4000 an UE6000 to the point they bear little resemblance to each other, but yes, I find the UE 6000 highly musical as well.  This might be the best multi-genre headphone I ever heard. Of course, my M-100 just shipped....


Edited by Craigster75 - 10/6/12 at 5:49am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread