Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 -... - Page 36

post #526 of 896

Hi guys, I really like the new ue9000, especially the wireless mode, which is apparently best from all the bluetooth headphones.... Anyway, I'm happy owner of DENON AH-D2000 cans and I just would like to know if I should keep them or sell them to finance ue9000 and won't hear much difference... Thanks for any advice. Cheers

post #527 of 896

Any thoughts on the UE6000 vs. Momentum??? I already know Craigster's opinion.


Edited by clairyvic - 11/7/12 at 2:39pm
post #528 of 896

If i listen to alot of EDM, should I buy the UE6000 or the V-Moda M80?

post #529 of 896

UE6000!!!

post #530 of 896

thanks, any more opinions?

post #531 of 896

I wanted to follow up on my earlier post...if you purchase an after market micro USB-B cable it will fit much better than the stock cable.  The one I got at Radioshack snaps in and out nicely...much better than the stock cable that you jam in and jerk out.  No way to treat a whore.

post #532 of 896

Well, I've been in this thread with a lukewarm relationship with these head phones. Hot and cold may be a better description but I am back to warm getting close to hot again. After travelling with them, they are really growing on me again. Their portability along with decent NC makes them so nice. Then I received some PSB M4U 2's and some AKG 550s to go to the other end of the spectrum. One of my main complaints was never the bass the UE6000s had but rolled off highs and perceived lack of detail. Well, I now know I am not a fan of either of the above mentioned cans. The PSBs could grow on me but they are uncomfortable and heavy. They can't touch the UE6000s for comfort. The AKGs just don't cut it for isolation or bass. So now I have added these to my experience and will be sticking with the UE6000s. I would like to try some Sony MDR 1NCs. Has anyone tried these two and can make a comparison? 

post #533 of 896

I Would reccomend Sennheiser Momentums for you. ^^ 

 


Edited by clairyvic - 11/10/12 at 8:05am
post #534 of 896
I have been reading some extra reviews on the UE6000 on other sites. Dalethorn and HiFiGuy528 seem to feel that there is a huge difference in these based on QC. I wondering if I should try to pick up another set and see if I hear some differences. They most notably talk about the sound from some having a veiled sound and others having great highs and its like having a different set of cans all together. Has anyone else tried a couple of different pairs and noticed these big changes?
post #535 of 896

Hi everyone,

 

Just wondering how the UE4000 compares to the Sennheiser HD 449.

They're both around the same price.

 

I've been using UE700 for the past year.

post #536 of 896

I finally got a chance to stop into an apple store and try these, and then stopped by the Sony store and tried the MDR-1R.

 


Thoughts on the UE9000 I listened to:'

'

1. Super comfortable - Light, great pads, great space under the pads, pads strike a good balance between being soft and firm enough to hold the headphone away from the ear

2. Looks great - Really a sleek looking design (from afar)

3. Looks cheap - When I finally got my hands on these I realized they look fairly cheap. They have a lot of cheap looking plastic accents. The hinges on the unit are also very low quality and I would definitely worry about them breaking. Definitely felt cheap.

 

4. Sound - Lot of issues here:

    a. Definitely a channel imbalance. In addition the quieter channel also had distortion in the treble and bass. Not good here at all.

   b.  Bass definitely has a muddy feel to it. Not very clear, and it really doesn't extend well, but it is overpowering

   c. Bass makes for a pretty nonexistant midrange. Really nothing here.

   d. Treble was also not very good. Some distortion, not very clear, rolled off highs and overall feeling of 'thinness' 

   e. Not a very detailed can overall. At this price range, I would expect a lot more details

   f. Soundstage is also AWOL. The instruments are pretty jumbled up, without a lot of good separation. In some songs, the instruments felt a little jumbled and mixed around making an incoherent imaging.

 

 

 

Overall, not impressed. My girlfriend came with me, and she isn't an audiophile, but she has had the chance to listen to a wide variety of headphones. She listened to about 4 songs and said "I'm not impressed'. I would say that's a good way to put it. If you're in the market for this kind of headphone but want a better soundstage, better bass control, more detail, and much clearer treble I would suggest the Ultrasone HFI-780's with some mods done. 

post #537 of 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by awtryau89 View Post

I have been reading some extra reviews on the UE6000 on other sites. Dalethorn and HiFiGuy528 seem to feel that there is a huge difference in these based on QC. I wondering if I should try to pick up another set and see if I hear some differences. They most notably talk about the sound from some having a veiled sound and others having great highs and its like having a different set of cans all together. Has anyone else tried a couple of different pairs and noticed these big changes?

 

I took the batteries out of my UE6000 (factory installed) and I heard a slight improvement in the bass with regards to channel balance. Must be two different resonant points which would obviously affect channel balance. This is my main problem with NC phones...two different earcups in play. This is why I am anxious to hear the PSB M4U1.

post #538 of 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

 

I took the batteries out of my UE6000 (factory installed) and I heard a slight improvement in the bass with regards to channel balance. Must be two different resonant points which would obviously affect channel balance. This is my main problem with NC phones...two different earcups in play. This is why I am anxious to hear the PSB M4U1.

I'm listening to the PSB M4U 2s right now. I have compared these 2 extensively and the sound between my UE6000s and these is completely different. If you listen to the UE6000s alot you'll think the PSBs are lacking in bass. The bass does cover the mids and the highs are much more rolled off comparatively. I qualify this by saying my pair of UE6000s. After reading so much, I think its a crap shoot on getting a good pair or a bad pair. After ready what Dalethorn has stated, I agree with him that the UE6000s sound much better with a bass reduction. It opens them up much more. My perfect headphone would take the everything from the PSBs and add a touch of bass tilt without covering the mids. The UE6000s are just not going to get you there. 

post #539 of 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by awtryau89 View Post

I'm listening to the PSB M4U 2s right now. I have compared these 2 extensively and the sound between my UE6000s and these is completely different. If you listen to the UE6000s alot you'll think the PSBs are lacking in bass. The bass does cover the mids and the highs are much more rolled off comparatively. I qualify this by saying my pair of UE6000s. After reading so much, I think its a crap shoot on getting a good pair or a bad pair. After ready what Dalethorn has stated, I agree with him that the UE6000s sound much better with a bass reduction. It opens them up much more. My perfect headphone would take the everything from the PSBs and add a touch of bass tilt without covering the mids. The UE6000s are just not going to get you there. 


Based on this comparison, I think you would really enjoy the M-100.

post #540 of 896

Thanks Craigster. I am going to probably try a pair when they become more readily available. I have listened to them from a friend and wasn't hugely impressed but that was a very short listening experience. I am playing around with these PSBs and the Accudio Pro app on my iPhone and its doing wonders.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread