im kinda new to all this audio stuff, but im planning to get a UE 6000 for christmas, buti know CES is in january, so what should i do? get the UE 6000 for christmas or wait to see if better headphones are launched at CES 2013?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productLogitech UE 6000tagged by System, 3/6/13
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 8/22/12
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productUltimate Ears UE4000 Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productUltimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- New and looking for headphones. Last post on 3/3/11 at 5:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable use: Ultimate Ears 700, RE0/RE-ZERO, Audiotechnica ATH-M50 or Sennheiser HD25-1 II? Last post on 10/4/10 at 1:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- tried UE700s with my iP4, better altenatives? Last post on 9/7/10 at 2:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- around RM1000 in ears..... (Monster Turbine / UE 700 / Superfi 5vi / Klipsch custom 3) Last post on 8/30/10 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic Hf2 upgrade - help me to decide Last post on 8/18/10 at 6:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First I’d like to thank Rock Jaw for sending me the Alfa Genus for review. If you haven’t heard of Rock Jaw before, I don’t blame you. They are a rather new company that recently came out with a...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREAMBLE Brainwavz is a now well established manufacturer of headphones in the value for money...
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
Sources used: Macbook Pro, iphone 4s, Fiio e10, Schiit Magni, This is a personal Unit: Bought at LMUE for 38USD during pre-sale Burn-in time: I don’t believe in huge differences, but in order...
Note to the Reader This was a demo unit, part of a program organized by Todd the Vinyl Junkie. A big thanks to Todd for his generosity and allowing me a week to fool around with these little...
[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 -... - Page 30post #436 of 92110/24/12 at 9:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #437 of 92110/25/12 at 5:48amQuote:
I don't think there will be a new UE6000 at CES 2013.post #438 of 92110/25/12 at 5:56amQuote:
There will always be something new around the corner that promises to be better. Most likely, any headphone announced at CES won't be available to the public for 6 months or longer based on history. If there is a headphone you like now, I would say now is the time to start enjoying it, especially if the timing works well for you.post #439 of 92110/25/12 at 9:23am
The wire is on the right side of the headset, therefore, it's more dominant, therefore, it sounds louder on the right, therefore, I am lying, therefore, I now notice it too after reading this thread or perhaps it's just in my head, however, I dislike the wire being on the right side. Nevertheless, for $100 and comfort factor, I am happy with it.post #440 of 92110/25/12 at 9:48amQuote:
I doubt there will be a wave of serious consumer audio products at CES on this level. There really rarely is. Most manufacturers will push their products during audio specific shows. I wouldn't wait for CES, but I would wait on these. The issue that people are having with the channel imbalance could easily be a design flaw and one that would not have an easy fix.Quote:Originally Posted by 8lias
The wire is on the right side of the headset, therefore, it's more dominant, therefore, it sounds louder on the right, therefore, I am lying, therefore, I now notice it too after reading this thread or perhaps it's just in my head, however, I dislike the wire being on the right side. Nevertheless, for $100 and comfort factor, I am happy with it.
Lol!post #441 of 92110/25/12 at 9:59ampost #442 of 92110/25/12 at 12:38pm
First, I would not lump the D400 and D600 together as they sound nothing alike. So I would say the UE6000 blows away the D400 at half the price (list) across the range. The D600 sounds very different than the UE6000. If extended high end with excellent midrange detail is more important than impactful, deep bass, the D600 may be for you. If you are more of a basshead and prefer slightly subdued highs with an overall pleasing sound across the range, the UE6000 might be for you. I would suggest listening to both first if possible.post #443 of 92110/25/12 at 12:44pmpost #444 of 92110/25/12 at 2:41pmQuote:
I listen to everything. Acoustic and claassical music sound better on the K550s.
"You Don't Know Your Beautiful" cover by the Piano Guys sounds the best on the Amperiors. As do heavier rock songs, and songs that rely more on natural insturments (electric guitars included)
Hip Hop and club music sounds the best on the UEs.
Definitely don't hate it. The mids are a bit too forward, and the highs are a bit too recessed for my taste to be my reference and go to headphones.
The bluetooth is life changing!! I never knew wireless headphones would be so convenient. I can walk all around the house while my phone is still being charged. It's so much better for watching videos too. It's just so free to not have to deal with cables.
However, bluetooth forces you to listen to the headphones in NC mode which is a v-shaped frequency range. It doesn't sound bad in this mode though. It's worth it for on the go. When I'm sitting down, i use cables
Edited by danielbarakat - 10/25/12 at 2:50pmpost #445 of 92110/25/12 at 2:46pm
I found the 6000s were pretty difficult to drive out of an iPod Touch 5th Gen in passive mode. There was just no life to the music at all...just really quiet and nothing sounded that good at all. Obviously I'm in the minority, but I thought the NC being activated made them sound quite a bit better, tho too bass heavy/bloated. Ultimately I returned them because I don't want to listen to headphones with batteries in them to enjoy them...the M-80s and the Monster DNAs sound significantly better at the same price point, even tho they are on-ears instead of over-ears.
The 6000s definitely were one of the most comfy headphones I've tried...so there is that little nugget of awesomeness. :)post #446 of 92110/25/12 at 3:22pmpost #447 of 92110/25/12 at 3:43pm
Do you think they are good headphones?
I listen to pop, hip hop, rap, rnb, disco music. Mainly what you would consider modern music. I also listen to rock.
I need closed back noise isolating HP for travel, public transport etc.
Do you think the UE6000 are good headphones and which ones are more suitable for me between them, the AH-D400/D600, and teh Ultrasone PRO 900?post #448 of 92110/25/12 at 5:22pm
For those of you who think the 6000's sound better in passive mode, did it take some burn in time for that result? I've had around 12 hours of burn in so far and I think that they sound way better in active mode. I feel like they are boring in passive mode and the highs sound recessed.post #449 of 92110/25/12 at 5:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by HotFieryTech
For those of you who think the 6000's sound better in passive mode, did it take some burn in time for that result? I've had around 12 hours of burn in so far and I think that they sound way better in active mode. I feel like they are boring in passive mode and the highs sound recessed.
Since all ears are NOT made equal. Enjoy what sounds good to YOU. I, concur with your reason, I too, like it in active mode. It sounds more alive and refreshing. Comfortable, it is, my ears thank them.
- [REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Best way of converting music collection on new setup? 3 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for IEM suggestions/recommendations 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Continental V2 - Great condition 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 6 minutes ago
- › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly 8 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 8 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by lin0003
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Brooko
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)