I just want to see the 4 ba driver iem to go on sale for $100
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productLogitech UE 6000tagged by System, 3/6/13
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 8/22/12
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productUltimate Ears UE4000 Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productUltimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:57 am in Headphones (full-size)
- New and looking for headphones. Last post on 3/3/11 at 5:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable use: Ultimate Ears 700, RE0/RE-ZERO, Audiotechnica ATH-M50 or Sennheiser HD25-1 II? Last post on 10/4/10 at 1:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- tried UE700s with my iP4, better altenatives? Last post on 9/7/10 at 2:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- around RM1000 in ears..... (Monster Turbine / UE 700 / Superfi 5vi / Klipsch custom 3) Last post on 8/30/10 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 12/7/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 -... - Page 2post #16 of 9488/29/12 at 8:30am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 9488/29/12 at 9:14ampost #18 of 9488/29/12 at 10:26ampost #19 of 9488/29/12 at 11:17amThread StarterQuote:
Yeh they were the Aus ones as only prices i could find at the time, changed to US now.Quote:Originally Posted by NZtechfreak
I couldn't even find relevant information about the bluetooth one - does it have Apt-X and BT 4.0? Even if so only fills are rather narrow niche, if not then moving right along...
I did think the styling of the highest price one is rather derivative of the Ed 8, but I don't mind that, there is nothing wrong with looking good right?
Me neither, it better have at the price and being UE though, i will try and find some more info.
Dont we all ;)Quote:Originally Posted by YoengJyh
WOW! New UE 900 only cost USD400 with 4 BA per piece!
Yeh, Heir 4.Ai is the best Universal i have heard, is also a quad BA and also is $400, oh and did i mention its hand made, and has a beautiful burl wood faceplate, its gonna take some magic from UE to beat.post #20 of 9488/29/12 at 2:40pmpost #21 of 9488/30/12 at 5:15pmpost #22 of 9488/31/12 at 8:30am
From the brief time I have spent with the product line, it sounds pretty good. They are admittedly not geared toward the audiophile--except maybe the 900. UE still focuses on the "pro" side of the business. But they seem to have taken SQ pretty seriously. Of course, ears and time will be the ultimate judges. An interesting feature is that the wireless phones can also be hard-wired via a 3.5 mm cable.
EDIT: Which means that the NC is essentially "defeatable."
Edited by The Monkey - 9/5/12 at 4:41pmpost #23 of 9489/5/12 at 4:39pmpost #24 of 9489/20/12 at 7:53pmpost #25 of 9489/29/12 at 1:04pm
Latest Specs on the line:
Logitech UE 900 Noise-Isolating Earphones Specs
- Internal Speaker Configuration: 4 proprietary precision balanced armatures
- Sensitivity: 101.2 dB (50 mV, 1kHz)
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Impedance: 30 ohms, 1 kHz
- Ambient Isolation 26 dB
- Input Connector: 1/8" (3.5 mm) gold plated
- Cable Lengths: 1219.2 mm (4 ft)
- Sensitivity (mic): -58 dBV/Pa
- Frequency Response (mic): 100 Hz - 10 kHz
- Weight (cable and earbuds w/ eartips): 17.664184
- Warranty: 2-year limited hardware warranty.
Logitech UE 4000 Headphones Specs
· Headphone type: On-ear
- Driver units: 40mm
- Impedance: 32 ohms, 1 kHz
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 92 dB SPL (50 mV, 1 kHz)
- Sensitivity (mic): -42 dBV/Pa re: 0 dB = 1 Pa, 1 KHz
- Frequency response (mic): 100 Hz - 10 kHz
- Connection: 3.5 mm (1/8 inch)
- Noise Isolation: 7 dB
Logitech UE 6000 Headphones Specs
- Headphone Type: Around the Ear (Circumaural)
- Driver Diameter: 40mm
- Input Impedance: 50 Ohms DCR Powered Off, 1K Ohms Powered On
- Sensitivity: 97 dB SPL/mW Powered Off, 99 dB SPL/mW Powered On, 1KHz
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz -20 KHz
- Analog Connection: 3.5mm (1/8 inch)
- Noise Isolation: 10 dB
- Mic Sensitivity: -58dBV/Pa
- Battery Type: 2 AAA batteries (included)
- Battery Life: Over 40 hours of listening on average*
- * Actual battery life will vary with use, settings and environmental conditions
- Two-year limited hardware warranty
Logitech UE 9000 Wireless Headphones Specs
· Wireless range: 50 feet (15 meters)
- Headphone type: Around-the-ear
- Driver units: 40mm
- Analog Input Impedance: 55 Ohms DCR Powered Off, 2K Ohms Powered On
- Sensitivity: 96 dB SPL/mW Power Off, 102 dB SPL/mW Power On, 1KHz
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Connection: Bluetooth (2.1 + EDR) or 3.5 mm (1/8 inch)
- Analog Connection: 3.5mm (1/8 inch)
- Wireless Connection: Bluetooth (Apt-X, AAC, SBC, HFP)
- Supported Wireless Audio Codecs: apt-X, AAC, SBC
- Noise Isolation: 14dB
- Mic Sensitivity: -58dBv/Pa
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium Ion Polymer battery pack (included)
- Battery Life (Wireless): Over 10 hours of listening on average*
- Battery Life (Wired): Over 20 hours of listening on average*
- * Actual battery life will vary with use, settings and environmental conditions. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles.
- 2-year limited hardware warranty
Some info on the UE9000 Bluetooth, this is a communication from UE to me through PR on some questions I had:
There are many audio modes for UE 9000 as listed below:
1- Aux input with Power ON
2- Aux input with Power OFF
3- Bluetooth Hands Free Profile (calling with your cellphone) called HFP. Labelled 'Bluetooth Headset' on Mac.
4- Bluetooth stereo audio called A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile). Labelled 'Bluetooth Headphone' on Mac. This RF transport protocol uses the SBC codec(standard BT stereo audio that is compressed), AAC (for Apple iProducts) and APT-X (uncompressed full band wireless audio over Bluetooth). All are included in UE 9000. APT-X is included on most of the newer Apple computers (Mac Mini + Macbook Air).
For modes 1 and 2 it is full bandwidth audio from the cable. (20Hz-20KHz) as the web specs suggest.
For mode 3 the audio band is limited to narrow band audio for telephony. Audio performance (specifically audio bandwidth) in this mode is a legacy audio standard defined by the Bluetooth SIG standard for phone calls. For now it is narrow band, mono audio similar to a landline telephone for both mic and speaker paths. HFP specs are publicly available though on the Bluetooth SIG website.
For mode 4 the audio band is full band (20Hz-20KHz) as the web specs suggest for each of the audio codecs. Depending on the type of source device you have streaming BT from you get varying amounts of compression. APT-X is the best quality being uncompressed. AAC is the next best from your i device. A2DP is the standard codec for BT stereo audio that has compression. UE 9000 will automatically choose the best quality A2DP codec available from your source to optimize you listening experience. UE 9000 will also automatically switch from A2DP music mode over to HFP when a call comes in. The converse is true when the call is ended.
Personally, I thought the UE6000 and UE9000 sounded pretty damn good passively on the wire. Noise cancelling they got a bit too bassy and loose for me, but they weren't bad. Review on InnerFidelity will be up soon.post #26 of 9489/29/12 at 1:08pmThread Starterpost #27 of 9489/30/12 at 7:52pm
Tyll's review is up on innerfidelity for those interested - http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000
. In the video he says that he liked the UE 6000 more than AKG k550s. Now I am really interested in these.post #28 of 94810/1/12 at 5:14am
I just ordered UE 6000 from Apple Store for 199€. I will let you know how they compare to my other two sealed cans: Denon AH-D5000 (Lawton mod 1 and angle pads) and Beyerdynamics DT1350.
I hope these will replace my DT1350. I like the Beyers but I would appreciate the added benefit of active NC.
I hate what Tyll's reviews do to me. I just have to try these after reading his review :) It was the same thing after his DT1350 review. I also bought my D5000 after I read his review and heard that they are discontinued.
Edited by FuglyPhones - 10/1/12 at 5:19ampost #29 of 94810/1/12 at 5:24amThread StarterCool let us know how it goes but Tyll did mention that it does not sound as good with noise cancelling on.post #30 of 94810/1/12 at 5:31amQuote:
I would use these mainly at the office. I happen to fly quite a lot so that's why I need some NC. I don't mind if the sound is not as good with NC on. Main thing is to reduce the annoying rumble of the engines and enjoy some music.
- [REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 26 seconds ago
- › Tokyo Headphone Festival presented by FUJIYA AVIC, October 25-26,... 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio E17 DAC/Amp (ALPEN) + Fiio E09K Desktop Amp (QOGIR) Pictures,... 4 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Art Club 6 minutes ago
- › Android, DLNA (Twonky) and USB Audio Player Integration 7 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! 7 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 7 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 9 minutes ago
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)