Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Is this site legit?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is this site legit?

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

http://www.highdiscountshop.com/beats-studio-headphones-white-p-48.html

 

is that legit? Should i get them there

post #2 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikedonkeys39 View Post

http://www.highdiscountshop.com/beats-studio-headphones-white-p-48.html

 

is that legit? Should i get them there

Why on Earth would you want Beats?confused_face_2.gif

post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 

or should i just get a used pair from amazon?

post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikedonkeys39 View Post

http://www.highdiscountshop.com/beats-studio-headphones-white-p-48.html

 

is that legit? Should i get them there

 

Heya,

 

Sure, why not? Get them. Let us know how it goes.

 

Very best,

post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Why on Earth would you want Beats?confused_face_2.gif

for school or public

post #6 of 18

I'm sure that you could get more value for your money by getting different headphones, but if you like Beats, I won't try to change your mind.

post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acknown3 View Post

I'm sure that you could get more value for your money by getting different headphones, but if you like Beats, I won't try to change your mind.
.

I know beats arnt very good for the money but these will be for public and school ect. So I want them to look cool, I want to get a good sounding pair too.... But well see how much money I hav later on 😜
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikedonkeys39 View Post

.
I know beats arnt very good for the money but these will be for public and school ect. So I want them to look cool, I want to get a good sounding pair too.... But well see how much money I hav later on 😜

 

Heya,

 

So what you're saying is, you want a fashion accessory, not an audiophile listening device.

 

Gotcha.

 

Get whatever is popular that hangs around your neck then.

 

Very best,

post #9 of 18

This website says these aren't authentic, but rather "For most Monster fans, it is well know that Monster set up OEM factories in Guangdong and Shanghai in China. From special access, hotsalemarts gets the same wires and chips as those of authentic Monster products from the Shanghai OEM factory, and then assembles the new headphones. From the outward appearance and the acoustic effect, they are the same as the original ones. It performs very well on the low frequency, linear extension and active bass. In appearance, it is blameless! However, for the suspicious or buyers who pursue authentic products, please think carefully before the purchasing. Thank you!"

post #10 of 18

 

They might be legitimate but look like scammers and I wouldn't order from them. Their web site

 

  • is registered in Beijing with a domain contact at 163.com;
  • offers no physical location;
  • offers no phone number;
  • offers no email address.

 

Strike 4.

 

Edit: I searched for highdiscountshop on Google. Nearly every hit is on one of their blogs. Strike 5.


Edited by HamilcarBarca - 8/21/12 at 2:10pm
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamilcarBarca View Post

 

They might be legitimate but I wouldn't order from them. Their web site

 

  • is registered in Beijing with a domain contact at 163.com;
  • offers no physical location;
  • offers no phone number;
  • offers no email address.

 

Strike 4.

Now the website is even down.

post #12 of 18

Hey OP, if you want headphones that are more aesthetically pleasing than functional, would you consider some V-Modas? Their target audience is people who want to look cool but have good headphones as well:

 

LP2's, $200, circumaural

 

http://www.amazon.com/Crossfade-Limited-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B005HMBQR2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345678114&sr=8-1&keywords=lp2

 

M-80's, $153, on-ear

 

http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-Noise-Isolating-Headphone-Shadow/dp/B005HSDLCO/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1345678203&sr=1-1&keywords=m-80

 

You can even order custom shields ($25 per pair, 20% off your first order) and have whatever you want engraved on the sides in white, and then you can swap them with the shields that come with the cans.

 

You could also wait for the M-100's to be released (a better version of the LP2's), but they would be around $300, and I would assume you would want them sooner.


Edited by Acknown3 - 8/22/12 at 4:32pm
post #13 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acknown3 View Post

Hey OP, if you want headphones that are more aesthetically pleasing than functional, would you consider some V-Modas? Their target audience is people who want to look cool but have good headphones as well:

 

LP2's, $200, circumaural

 

http://www.amazon.com/Crossfade-Limited-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B005HMBQR2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345678114&sr=8-1&keywords=lp2

 

M-80's, $153, on-ear

 

http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-Noise-Isolating-Headphone-Shadow/dp/B005HSDLCO/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1345678203&sr=1-1&keywords=m-80

 

You can even order custom shields ($25 per pair, 20% off your first order) and have whatever you want engraved on the sides in white, and then you can swap them with the shields that come with the cans.

 

You could also wait for the M-100's to be released (a better version of the LP2's), but they would be around $300, and I would assume you would want them sooner.

thanks, i didnt know about the m100 and im well awear of v-moda, 

post #14 of 18
Thread Starter 

for suggesting headphones to me go to my other forum "best headphones for a school bus"

post #15 of 18

Those are probably fake, but many fakes sound just like the real deal.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Is this site legit?