Both the Fischer SBA-01 and Grado GR8 should do nicely as well.
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Looking for earphones with little to no bass, clear sound
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productFischer Audio FA-004tagged by System, 8/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/23/12
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 8/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 4/26/16 at 9:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for deployment to Afghanistan? Last post on 7/25/12 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good earphones for $150? Last post on 7/4/12 at 8:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Neutral IEM for Classical and Jazz with good soundstage and bass extension Last post on 11/2/12 at 2:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I got to listen to these for a couple weeks as part of the USA tour, with the requirement that I write a review and pay to ship them to the next participant. I am not affiliated with, and was not...
Introduction: I have had the chance to listen to the HD800 a few times at local Head-Fi meets. However, I have never got a good chance to listen to them, either the person who owned them...
At the time of this review, the iFi micro iDSD, iFi nano Gemini cable and iFi nano iUSB3.0 was for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are links for the purchase of these three...
These so far dethroned all my top headphones. Deeper more natural bass than the M50X, or the HE-400, better 3d imaging, and speed than the AD900x, better comfort than the DT990pro. Mine is...
Introduction I was able to demo the PM-3 for a week as part of OPPO's loaner program. This is the second OPPO loaner I've tried (also auditioned the PM-1), and once again I'd like to thank Chris...
Looking for earphones with little to no bass, clear sound - Page 2post #16 of 2510/10/12 at 2:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2510/10/12 at 3:44pmWell Said...Quote:Originally Posted by macbug
I'm probably just being pedantic about the terminology, though i don't think you want your favorite pair to be associated with 'little to no bass' when there are terms such as 'neutral' and 'transparent' that would better describe it. when people say light/anemic bass I assume it delivers less than what the song calls for and when they say bass heavy I assume both that the bass is often times in excess of what's intended and that it is often accomplished at the expense of mids and treble/soundstage. To some other people though when they say bass light they simply mean it has less bass than those with heavy bass emphasis, but there's quite a large degree of difference between being neutral and not enough. Of course this also depends heavily upon your musical genre etc, blah blah blah blah I'll shut up now.post #18 of 2510/10/12 at 4:31pm
Or use any IEM and get a poor seal
Brainwavz B2 is a VERY good performer for very low. Everyone said it already, but ER-4 or HF5. If you're confused about the two, http://www.head-fi.org/t/598267/review-etymotic-hf5-or-the-er-4post #19 of 2510/10/12 at 5:09pmI think Etymotic ER series suit with what you are looking for. Other than that, base on my experience, you would try TDK BA200 and Westone UM1either
Edited by mgpyone - 10/10/12 at 5:12pmpost #20 of 2510/10/12 at 9:27pmpost #21 of 2510/10/12 at 9:47pmpost #22 of 2510/13/12 at 6:20ampost #23 of 2510/13/12 at 4:36pmpost #24 of 258/26/13 at 2:35ampost #25 of 258/26/13 at 2:39amOh, yeah, I almost forgot to mention... get some of those equalizer apps for your phone (don't if they have it by default) and just slide down the first few columns of the equalizer... that's the bass, to be straight,...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for earphones with little to no bass, clear sound
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 3524 Active Users (721 Members and 2803 Guests)
- › Just got my first pair of Over-ears. Advice on an Amp/DAC?? 9 seconds ago
- › Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones! 11 seconds ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 12 seconds ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 26 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 2 minutes ago
- › htc's new htc 10 is certified by the Japan Audio Society 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 5 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse