Both the Fischer SBA-01 and Grado GR8 should do nicely as well.
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Looking for earphones with little to no bass, clear sound
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productFischer Audio FA-004tagged by System, 8/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/23/12
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 8/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for deployment to Afghanistan? Last post on 7/25/12 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good earphones for $150? Last post on 7/4/12 at 8:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Neutral IEM for Classical and Jazz with good soundstage and bass extension Last post on 11/2/12 at 2:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an unprecedented...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
Looking for earphones with little to no bass, clear sound - Page 2post #16 of 2510/10/12 at 2:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2510/10/12 at 3:44pmWell Said...Quote:Originally Posted by macbug
I'm probably just being pedantic about the terminology, though i don't think you want your favorite pair to be associated with 'little to no bass' when there are terms such as 'neutral' and 'transparent' that would better describe it. when people say light/anemic bass I assume it delivers less than what the song calls for and when they say bass heavy I assume both that the bass is often times in excess of what's intended and that it is often accomplished at the expense of mids and treble/soundstage. To some other people though when they say bass light they simply mean it has less bass than those with heavy bass emphasis, but there's quite a large degree of difference between being neutral and not enough. Of course this also depends heavily upon your musical genre etc, blah blah blah blah I'll shut up now.post #18 of 2510/10/12 at 4:31pm
Or use any IEM and get a poor seal
Brainwavz B2 is a VERY good performer for very low. Everyone said it already, but ER-4 or HF5. If you're confused about the two, http://www.head-fi.org/t/598267/review-etymotic-hf5-or-the-er-4post #19 of 2510/10/12 at 5:09pmI think Etymotic ER series suit with what you are looking for. Other than that, base on my experience, you would try TDK BA200 and Westone UM1either
Edited by mgpyone - 10/10/12 at 5:12pmpost #20 of 2510/10/12 at 9:27pmpost #21 of 2510/10/12 at 9:47pmpost #22 of 2510/13/12 at 6:20ampost #23 of 2510/13/12 at 4:36pmpost #24 of 258/26/13 at 2:35ampost #25 of 258/26/13 at 2:39amOh, yeah, I almost forgot to mention... get some of those equalizer apps for your phone (don't if they have it by default) and just slide down the first few columns of the equalizer... that's the bass, to be straight,...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for earphones with little to no bass, clear sound
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 2976 Active Users (444 Members and 2532 Guests)
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman Edition S - NEW Closed Portable 1 minute ago
- › Headphones with a grainy sound and character? 1 minute ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 4 minutes ago
- › La Figaro 339 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 5 minutes ago
- › Budget Lossless MP3 Player 6 minutes ago
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...