I have a new laptop about a month old. I noticed a fairly major sound problem a few days ago. If I play my headphones at a good volume after about 30sec sound starts to flutter crackle and pop. I just went into my device manager and changed all the USB ports so there is no power managing. I haven't had the drop outs since.
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 8/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 2/14/15 at 10:50pm in Computer Audio
Head-Fi, Fiio X5 and me I came out of my lurking in January 2014 to join Head-Fi, I was looking for a DAP to replace my Creative Zen X-Fi's whose display had a 'black ink' spreading...
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. Sounding bad for its price. Still is good for casual...
It has a solid build that if you want to break them, you should do something extreme to them. Still it comes with 2 years of warranty and if you do break these, you can get a new one at %50...
USB sound fluttering?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
So you fixed the issue by turning off the power management? If that is the case thank you for posting this as I am sure many other people are having this issue.
To do this on a PC
1.) Go to Control Panel
2.) Double Click or open the System folder
3.) Go to Hardware
4.) Click on Device Manager
5.) Scroll toward the very bottom and find the Universal Serial Bus Controller and open the tab by clicking on the plus sign +
6.) Right Click on the Root Hub ( you may have multiple )
7.) Go to Properties
8.) Move to the Power Management tab to the far right
9.) Uncheck the "Allow this computer to to turn off this device to save power"
10.) Repeat for all of the Root Hubs you may have
Edited by NA Blur - 8/21/12 at 8:35am
This has to be, by far, one of the best tweaks! Thank you
I have noticed from tweaking my laptop today with the above advice, that it works even better, if you can identify the exact usb port to allow continuous power!
That worked but I also went. Control Panel - Hardware and sound - Power options - Change plan setting - Advanced settings - Usb setting - Usb selective suspend -disabled.
The problem did show up again though. I think it is the laptop. It is a new Samsung gaming machine and I think it is some of there software causing the problem. Seems to work fine now though.
Edited by jaycalgary - 8/23/12 at 7:50pm
- USB sound fluttering?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Why are HD700's ~$500 1 minute ago
- › Apex Teton OTL Amp Black voltage switchable 2 minutes ago
- › Q Cable Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 5 minutes ago
- › New Sony EX450 and EX650. 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 10 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3