I have a new laptop about a month old. I noticed a fairly major sound problem a few days ago. If I play my headphones at a good volume after about 30sec sound starts to flutter crackle and pop. I just went into my device manager and changed all the USB ports so there is no power managing. I haven't had the drop outs since.
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 8/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 1/6/13 at 1:27pm in Computer Audio
I picked these up off ebay a few weeks ago for 5 $ so my expectations were not high but to my surprise i think that i found a new pair of daily drivers, as i have said i have collected a fairly...
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
USB sound fluttering?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
So you fixed the issue by turning off the power management? If that is the case thank you for posting this as I am sure many other people are having this issue.
To do this on a PC
1.) Go to Control Panel
2.) Double Click or open the System folder
3.) Go to Hardware
4.) Click on Device Manager
5.) Scroll toward the very bottom and find the Universal Serial Bus Controller and open the tab by clicking on the plus sign +
6.) Right Click on the Root Hub ( you may have multiple )
7.) Go to Properties
8.) Move to the Power Management tab to the far right
9.) Uncheck the "Allow this computer to to turn off this device to save power"
10.) Repeat for all of the Root Hubs you may have
Edited by NA Blur - 8/21/12 at 8:35am
This has to be, by far, one of the best tweaks! Thank you
I have noticed from tweaking my laptop today with the above advice, that it works even better, if you can identify the exact usb port to allow continuous power!
That worked but I also went. Control Panel - Hardware and sound - Power options - Change plan setting - Advanced settings - Usb setting - Usb selective suspend -disabled.
The problem did show up again though. I think it is the laptop. It is a new Samsung gaming machine and I think it is some of there software causing the problem. Seems to work fine now though.
Edited by jaycalgary - 8/23/12 at 7:50pm
- USB sound fluttering?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › New Audeze "Prototype-Z"! 32 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HM700 16GB DAP plus RE-400B USA 3 minutes ago
- › Amplifiers sell 3 minutes ago
- › Belkin Universal Wireless AV Adapter - Black (F7D4550) 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HM700 16GB DAP plus RE-400B iems brand new - USA 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 7 minutes ago
- › Almi's X-Fi Mod (Hotrodding Sound Blaster X-Fi models) 10 minutes ago
- › Shure SE110 Sound Isolating Earphone with Balanced Armature Driver... by umhhmm
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)