I have a new laptop about a month old. I noticed a fairly major sound problem a few days ago. If I play my headphones at a good volume after about 30sec sound starts to flutter crackle and pop. I just went into my device manager and changed all the USB ports so there is no power managing. I haven't had the drop outs since.
- categoryComputer Audio
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 4/3/13 at 12:12pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 5/22/13 at 2:59am in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 1/6/13 at 1:27pm in Computer Audio
Thanks to NoiseHush for the review sample!! Here we have the NoiseHush i7 Noise Cancelling headphones. These headphones have some high points, but fall a bit short in terms of...
Introduction First off, I’d like to thank the folks at Audio-Technica for the sample of the WS77 for review. Yes, I’ve been on something of a roll recently with Audio-Technica...
(caution: this is a long review (I know this because I just typed it out in Word and it spanned 7 pages!) I think this is a long awaited review of the 1Plus2s. I've had the stock cable for...
I have been looking for "THAT" amp, the one for me. I tried a WA6SE, and it had a problem with distorted bass. I have the Lyr, but looking to upgrade. The soloist is really the only other amp...
These are my first pair of cans and straight out of the package they look pretty amazing. When I first put them on I thoroughly enjoyed what i heard. Works well for bluesy songs and there is an...
USB sound fluttering?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“An excellent alternative to the computer user wanting something different to an internal sound card!”“Good sound for the price”
- Pros:“Pros : Sound quality, comfort, build, modularity (parts), balance, naturalness, clarity, detail”“Balanced, refined, sturdy, classic design”
So you fixed the issue by turning off the power management? If that is the case thank you for posting this as I am sure many other people are having this issue.
To do this on a PC
1.) Go to Control Panel
2.) Double Click or open the System folder
3.) Go to Hardware
4.) Click on Device Manager
5.) Scroll toward the very bottom and find the Universal Serial Bus Controller and open the tab by clicking on the plus sign +
6.) Right Click on the Root Hub ( you may have multiple )
7.) Go to Properties
8.) Move to the Power Management tab to the far right
9.) Uncheck the "Allow this computer to to turn off this device to save power"
10.) Repeat for all of the Root Hubs you may have
Edited by NA Blur - 8/21/12 at 8:35am
This has to be, by far, one of the best tweaks! Thank you
I have noticed from tweaking my laptop today with the above advice, that it works even better, if you can identify the exact usb port to allow continuous power!
That worked but I also went. Control Panel - Hardware and sound - Power options - Change plan setting - Advanced settings - Usb setting - Usb selective suspend -disabled.
The problem did show up again though. I think it is the laptop. It is a new Samsung gaming machine and I think it is some of there software causing the problem. Seems to work fine now though.
Edited by jaycalgary - 8/23/12 at 7:50pm
- USB sound fluttering?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Head-Fi-dentification! 6 seconds ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 32 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S - Any Reviews Yet? 4 minutes ago
- › Koss KSC75's. Don't Forget About This Giant Killer In All The Hype. 5 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Appreciation thread 5 minutes ago
- › What made your day awesome? 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ALO audio 22awg OCC Cryo Dock by David Chavez
- › NoiseHush i7 Active Noise-Cancelling Headphones - Black - Retail by pro1137
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by TheGame21x
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 by cravenz
- › Burson Audio Soloist Amp by DutchGFX
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe