I have a new laptop about a month old. I noticed a fairly major sound problem a few days ago. If I play my headphones at a good volume after about 30sec sound starts to flutter crackle and pop. I just went into my device manager and changed all the USB ports so there is no power managing. I haven't had the drop outs since.
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 8/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 2/14/15 at 10:50pm in Computer Audio
$250 (got mine 10% off from a promo code on theheadphonelist.com but it was only valid for 2014) - 2 Balanced armature Drivers - 1 Bass Driver - 1 High Frequency Driver - 1 sound bore -...
Intro There are very few headphones which have survived three decades and still remain as the main workhorse for many sound professionals around the world. The Sony MDR-7506 started out as...
This is not a review, just my simple impression of Grado SR80e. I purchased SR80e and listened to them... what a hell is going on...lol..at this price point...sounds great...I am now a fan boy of...
Aune B1 portable headphone amplifier Review [[SPOILER]] Intro: Focusing on achieving high quality sound at a competitive price point while utilizing premium materials and uniquely eye-catching...
Ok i'll just jump straight to the point, should you buy this? Absolutely Not . Here's why; - It's a screen-less shuffle style player, obviously not intended to compete with the screened DAP...
USB sound fluttering?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
So you fixed the issue by turning off the power management? If that is the case thank you for posting this as I am sure many other people are having this issue.
To do this on a PC
1.) Go to Control Panel
2.) Double Click or open the System folder
3.) Go to Hardware
4.) Click on Device Manager
5.) Scroll toward the very bottom and find the Universal Serial Bus Controller and open the tab by clicking on the plus sign +
6.) Right Click on the Root Hub ( you may have multiple )
7.) Go to Properties
8.) Move to the Power Management tab to the far right
9.) Uncheck the "Allow this computer to to turn off this device to save power"
10.) Repeat for all of the Root Hubs you may have
Edited by NA Blur - 8/21/12 at 8:35am
This has to be, by far, one of the best tweaks! Thank you
I have noticed from tweaking my laptop today with the above advice, that it works even better, if you can identify the exact usb port to allow continuous power!
That worked but I also went. Control Panel - Hardware and sound - Power options - Change plan setting - Advanced settings - Usb setting - Usb selective suspend -disabled.
The problem did show up again though. I think it is the laptop. It is a new Samsung gaming machine and I think it is some of there software causing the problem. Seems to work fine now though.
Edited by jaycalgary - 8/23/12 at 7:50pm
- USB sound fluttering?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping in May 6 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Melodious XM-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › [WTB] balanced cable for oppo pm-3 (trrs to XL4) 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-Adapter 3 minutes ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 5 minutes ago
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2