I have a new laptop about a month old. I noticed a fairly major sound problem a few days ago. If I play my headphones at a good volume after about 30sec sound starts to flutter crackle and pop. I just went into my device manager and changed all the USB ports so there is no power managing. I haven't had the drop outs since.
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 8/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 1/6/13 at 1:27pm in Computer Audio
I compared them to many other BT Headphones. A real comparison will be posted sooner or later in the "Huge Comparison" thread in the Forum. I liked them. They have personality. Warm signature,...
Well, I can't really write much more than what I wrote for the E40. They are the same in everything except that the E50 is bigger and have at least some bass. Actually, to really be honest,...
The only reason to buy these Headphones is if you want to give money to JBL in change of a big JBL logo on your head. Or if you hate Paul McCartney and want to listen to the Beatles without any...
The other reviewer said enough and in detail, so I will limit myself in giving my very brief opinion of their sound. Later on in the Forum, in the "Huge Comparison" thread, I will make a sort of...
I have tested 16 BT Headphones for weeks. I have opened a Thread about this huge comparison, on the Forum. I know that tastes are tastes. So I will never say that my opinion is "better". But...
USB sound fluttering?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
So you fixed the issue by turning off the power management? If that is the case thank you for posting this as I am sure many other people are having this issue.
To do this on a PC
1.) Go to Control Panel
2.) Double Click or open the System folder
3.) Go to Hardware
4.) Click on Device Manager
5.) Scroll toward the very bottom and find the Universal Serial Bus Controller and open the tab by clicking on the plus sign +
6.) Right Click on the Root Hub ( you may have multiple )
7.) Go to Properties
8.) Move to the Power Management tab to the far right
9.) Uncheck the "Allow this computer to to turn off this device to save power"
10.) Repeat for all of the Root Hubs you may have
Edited by NA Blur - 8/21/12 at 8:35am
This has to be, by far, one of the best tweaks! Thank you
I have noticed from tweaking my laptop today with the above advice, that it works even better, if you can identify the exact usb port to allow continuous power!
That worked but I also went. Control Panel - Hardware and sound - Power options - Change plan setting - Advanced settings - Usb setting - Usb selective suspend -disabled.
The problem did show up again though. I think it is the laptop. It is a new Samsung gaming machine and I think it is some of there software causing the problem. Seems to work fine now though.
Edited by jaycalgary - 8/23/12 at 7:50pm
- USB sound fluttering?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 3 minutes ago
- › Requesting your input on M3U playlist support for X3, X5 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Encore mDAC portable headphone DAC/amp with 24bit/96kHz... 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 6 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 6 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 6 minutes ago
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)