I have a new laptop about a month old. I noticed a fairly major sound problem a few days ago. If I play my headphones at a good volume after about 30sec sound starts to flutter crackle and pop. I just went into my device manager and changed all the USB ports so there is no power managing. I haven't had the drop outs since.
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 8/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 1/6/13 at 1:27pm in Computer Audio
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
The Sennheiser HD280 that I'm reviewing do not belong to me, they're presumably a couple years old (I didn't ask) and in good condition aside from a couple scratches on the earcups. I was curious...
Disclaimer The FR is a review sample sent from Noble Audio. The reviewer was compensated in the form of a ridiculously cool and form-fitting Noble Audio shirt. Introduction Despite humans...
USB sound fluttering?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
So you fixed the issue by turning off the power management? If that is the case thank you for posting this as I am sure many other people are having this issue.
To do this on a PC
1.) Go to Control Panel
2.) Double Click or open the System folder
3.) Go to Hardware
4.) Click on Device Manager
5.) Scroll toward the very bottom and find the Universal Serial Bus Controller and open the tab by clicking on the plus sign +
6.) Right Click on the Root Hub ( you may have multiple )
7.) Go to Properties
8.) Move to the Power Management tab to the far right
9.) Uncheck the "Allow this computer to to turn off this device to save power"
10.) Repeat for all of the Root Hubs you may have
Edited by NA Blur - 8/21/12 at 8:35am
This has to be, by far, one of the best tweaks! Thank you
I have noticed from tweaking my laptop today with the above advice, that it works even better, if you can identify the exact usb port to allow continuous power!
That worked but I also went. Control Panel - Hardware and sound - Power options - Change plan setting - Advanced settings - Usb setting - Usb selective suspend -disabled.
The problem did show up again though. I think it is the laptop. It is a new Samsung gaming machine and I think it is some of there software causing the problem. Seems to work fine now though.
Edited by jaycalgary - 8/23/12 at 7:50pm
- USB sound fluttering?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 4 seconds ago
- › Westone 4R Amp 8 seconds ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014 23 seconds ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MH1C like new condition 5 minutes ago
- › Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 3/29/2014:... 5 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 5 minutes ago
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob