Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Grand Theft Auto V
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grand Theft Auto V

post #1 of 50
Thread Starter 
I didn't search to see if there was already a GTA thread, but it loos like R* may have kicked off their advertising for GTA V today with 3 new screenshots, as well as announcing more before weeks end.

GTA has always been my favorite franchise, and I'm super stoked. Anyone else? Here's a link:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/37991/transport.html

So these screens seem to confirm a few things. The return of ridable bikes, the Cheetah car, the Hydra plane and possibly the confirmation of the new protagonist, Ned Luke.
post #2 of 50

I'd be surprised if GTA V graphics can beat GTA IV graphics with iCEnhancer mod...

post #3 of 50

 iCEnhancer does make GTA IV look very nice.

I am looking forward to some new GTA play when GTA V is released.

post #4 of 50

post #5 of 50

I hope it will be released in September as announced.  

post #6 of 50

Waiting on the PC version. Super stoked still.

post #7 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrk10256 View Post

Waiting on the PC version. Super stoked still.

I'm gonna try to wait for it too. Probably going to be a painful wait...

post #8 of 50

just unsubscribe from r/gaming for 6 months. 

post #9 of 50

Most of my friends weren't fans of GTA IV calling it too realistic and what not. Bollocks to them I say. I still adore GTA IV. I think GTA 5 will be great too but i wonder if it's going to be as insane as they promote it to be, the end all be all of GTA.

post #10 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyRedTabby View Post

Most of my friends weren't fans of GTA IV calling it too realistic and what not. Bollocks to them I say. I still adore GTA IV. I think GTA 5 will be great too but i wonder if it's going to be as insane as they promote it to be, the end all be all of GTA.
Too realistic? There's always Saints Row The Third... and the upcoming Saints Row 4. Also, no need to wait any longer than the console folks if you want the PC version.
post #11 of 50

Speaking of the SR games, 2 + 3 are $1 right now on Humble Bundle. Along with a couple other games.

 

I thought they were pretty fun games, but I think GTAV is going to blow SR4 out of the water. SR has gotten a little too goofy IMO.

post #12 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy4 View Post

Speaking of the SR games, 2 + 3 are $1 right now on Humble Bundle. Along with a couple other games.

 

I thought they were pretty fun games, but I think GTAV is going to blow SR4 out of the water. SR has gotten a little too goofy IMO.


I played Saints Row 3 and while it was fun I never went back to play it again after I beat it. It felt too easy for me at times. After a certain point it felt like I was on god mode or something because nothing could hurt me. While the controls were at times clunky on GTA IV I felt challenged and for the most part my death was my own fault, save for a few times Niko left cover when I didn't want him to and he got shot up. And I agree about Saints Row being too goofy. GTA may be silly at times and have colorful characters but I never felt like the events in the game were unrealistic.

post #13 of 50

I can't wait for this game! I wish it was being released on Next Gen consoles though becuase now we will have to wait forever for a next gen GTA

post #14 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrk10256 View Post

Waiting on the PC version. Super stoked still.

 

Ditto, hopefully it comes out on the PC, I only see a ps3 and xbox360 version so far

post #15 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyRedTabby View Post


I played Saints Row 3 and while it was fun I never went back to play it again after I beat it. It felt too easy for me at times. After a certain point it felt like I was on god mode or something because nothing could hurt me. While the controls were at times clunky on GTA IV I felt challenged and for the most part my death was my own fault, save for a few times Niko left cover when I didn't want him to and he got shot up. And I agree about Saints Row being too goofy. GTA may be silly at times and have colorful characters but I never felt like the events in the game were unrealistic.

Yeah they did make a lot of SR3 way too easy. The over the top stuff was fun some times, like in the beginning where you dove through an airplane and punch the guy in it in the face, but it kind of lost its luster after a while.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sor1n View Post

 

Ditto, hopefully it comes out on the PC, I only see a ps3 and xbox360 version so far

It'll come, they do this every time. Expect it 6 months after the console release.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Grand Theft Auto V