Hey guys so I was looking to replace the Fiio E11 with a better amp. I think it is a great amp but there are a few things Id like improved with a better amp:
1) Better instrument separation (not necessarily wider soundstage but it would be a good benefit and might be necessary)
2) Better bass response ( in terms of sub bass if possible)
3) More power (Fiio is okay, but a little more power would be welcome)
4) Doesnt matter if desktop or portable (but would like a 1/8 input and 1/8 output, would like to avoid the twin RCA plugs if possible)
5) A little improvement to the recessed mids and taming the highs if possible (EQ maybe), the latter not necessary
6) I believe a tube amp wouldnt be a good match with the low impedance pro 900 but if it wouldnt matter I do not oblige
I have the stock cable (for now) and a mini to mini nuforce cable for amp-source connection. Also I have the stock pads
I listen to all sorts of music, usually bass heavy (Pop,Rock,Rap,Hiphop,Numetal,etc)
So to sum it up, under 300 (with shipping to Europe included), improving soundstage/instrument sep., sub bass and the likes.
I know there are many threads about this but most of them reside around cheaper amps so Id rather a more expensive one if the improvement would be worth it.
I was looking at this - http://www.jdslabs.com/item.php?fetchitem=c421, with the AD8620 or the Lecketron UHA-4/UHA-6 but Im not sure with which opamp these would go.
Also, I was looking at the objective 2 but Im not sure if it offers good bass response (also not sure if it isnt twin RCA only)
Any other amp suggestions are welcome!
Best regards, Luke