Okay I hate to ask such a vague question but I am really overwhelmed by the number of products on the market. Here is what I am looking for. I fly an ultralight aircraft and i really like being able to listen to music when I fly. I wear ear muffs (part of the helmet) to muffle out the noise of the engine screaming right on my back. I find that universal ear buds will always fall out when I put the ear muffs on. It is a huge pain because its not easy to fiddle with ear buds when I am in the air. I have tried some other options and I am thinking that IEM's are really the best choice, and I want them for various other activities as well. Biggest factor here is I am on a budget. I really want to keep it under $200 but I may go up to $300 if it is worth it I know i am limiting myself a lot there. The most important factor I need out of them is the isolation, they need to be able to block out the engine noise. I dont need the latest and greatest drivers. I have $30 pair of sony earbuds and I think they sound pretty good so anything that sounds better than that will make me happy. I looked into the kozees but I dont like the idea of having to wait 2 months for them to come as my flying season will be just about over. Of course I need them to fit well and be comfortable and secure so they will not fall out and get eaten by the prop. I have never owned custom IEM's before so any other considerations or help is much appreciated. Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- InEar phones with Mic+iPod controls for iPhone 4 Last post on 8/1/12 at 1:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help choosing out of these 8 IEMs (First time here :P ) Last post on 7/25/12 at 6:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need new IEM advice Last post on 6/19/12 at 9:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE215 or Etymotic HF3? Opinions Please Last post on 1/8/12 at 8:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help in choosing the right earphones Last post on 9/9/10 at 1:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
NOTE: This is my first review and I'm a budding audio enthusiast. This is no pro review, just a newb trying to put audio nuances to words. These are my first pair of Balanced Armatures and I am...
Background In about 1990, when Joseph Grado was designing his HMP-1 Holographic Scalera Scanner (perfectly-matched pair of microphones for recording), he needed some detailed, neutral...
Creative's Sound Blaster E1 If you want to cover your bases with a do-all headphone accessory, the E1 is a good start. Affordable, well featured, inexpensive, the E1 is Creative's entry-level...
Firstly like to thank Chuck from 1964 Ears for organising the Pendulumic Stance S1+ headphones for this review. Pendulumic is a relatively new company in the headphone world, and...
Introduction: RHA is a fairly new audio company that has made quite a splash recently with their MA750 and T10 IEMs. RHA has recently announced their new T20 IEM which is due to be released...
help me find the right iem for me
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 28/20/12 at 2:46pm
The $80 option:
Awesome isolation, well built, sound pretty darn good for an $80 IEM
Drawbacks: Fit can take some getting used to because they sit very deep inside the ear canal, need a cord clip to avoid microphonics
Good isolation, decent sound, look and feel fantastic\
Drawbacks: Bass boost may not be for everyone, changing tips is tricky and may require you to freeze/cool your IEMs before swapping tips
Awesome isolation, well built, sound good
Drawbacks: May need to get some Comply foam tips to make them fit properly/comfortably
$300 or less option
Awesome sound, good isolation, known for being neutral sounding
Drawbacks: Can sound a tad loud at times as well as a tad bright, costReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- help me find the right iem for me
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 2 seconds ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Would you recommend new members do as you did? 45 seconds ago
- › KOJO KM01-BRASS : With a (32Ω) 20mW +20 mW impression and... 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 2 minutes ago
- › Need help for choose headphones amp 2 minutes ago
- › I should'nt have ordered the 770 PRO version... :( 2 minutes ago
- › New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)