Okay I hate to ask such a vague question but I am really overwhelmed by the number of products on the market. Here is what I am looking for. I fly an ultralight aircraft and i really like being able to listen to music when I fly. I wear ear muffs (part of the helmet) to muffle out the noise of the engine screaming right on my back. I find that universal ear buds will always fall out when I put the ear muffs on. It is a huge pain because its not easy to fiddle with ear buds when I am in the air. I have tried some other options and I am thinking that IEM's are really the best choice, and I want them for various other activities as well. Biggest factor here is I am on a budget. I really want to keep it under $200 but I may go up to $300 if it is worth it I know i am limiting myself a lot there. The most important factor I need out of them is the isolation, they need to be able to block out the engine noise. I dont need the latest and greatest drivers. I have $30 pair of sony earbuds and I think they sound pretty good so anything that sounds better than that will make me happy. I looked into the kozees but I dont like the idea of having to wait 2 months for them to come as my flying season will be just about over. Of course I need them to fit well and be comfortable and secure so they will not fall out and get eaten by the prop. I have never owned custom IEM's before so any other considerations or help is much appreciated. Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- InEar phones with Mic+iPod controls for iPhone 4 Last post on 8/1/12 at 1:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help choosing out of these 8 IEMs (First time here :P ) Last post on 7/25/12 at 6:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need new IEM advice Last post on 6/19/12 at 9:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE215 or Etymotic HF3? Opinions Please Last post on 1/8/12 at 8:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help in choosing the right earphones Last post on 9/9/10 at 1:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
help me find the right iem for me
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 28/20/12 at 2:46pm
The $80 option:
Awesome isolation, well built, sound pretty darn good for an $80 IEM
Drawbacks: Fit can take some getting used to because they sit very deep inside the ear canal, need a cord clip to avoid microphonics
Good isolation, decent sound, look and feel fantastic\
Drawbacks: Bass boost may not be for everyone, changing tips is tricky and may require you to freeze/cool your IEMs before swapping tips
Awesome isolation, well built, sound good
Drawbacks: May need to get some Comply foam tips to make them fit properly/comfortably
$300 or less option
Awesome sound, good isolation, known for being neutral sounding
Drawbacks: Can sound a tad loud at times as well as a tad bright, costReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- help me find the right iem for me
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 33 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 42 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Fostex T20RP MK2 Headphones - Light Mods & Extra Pads - NO Trades 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › Speaker and Amplifier matching 6 minutes ago
- › New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+ 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...