- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 111tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Westone UM2: The Forgotten "Classic" Last post on 12/10/12 at 3:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Westone 4 seller w/ intl. shipping + why isn't Westone 4 bundled with the E6? Last post on 9/4/12 at 11:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine Challenge - A Pro Gold Review (Yes, another one...) Last post on 8/22/11 at 12:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestion for Etymotics ER4S replacement Last post on 3/11/11 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are the Etymotic ER-4Ps a significant step up from the HF5s? Last post on 3/8/11 at 10:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
Etymotic ER4 Replacement - Page 3post #31 of 419/7/12 at 8:48pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 419/25/12 at 7:58pm
Got my ER4-Pt's today with my 75ohm adapter.
Did a quick listen with the Woo Audio 22, I was not impressed. No bottom end at all. Think my HD800's are th perfect marriage with the Woo, these IEM's just won't cut it.
Plugged them into my Headstage 3G and Iphone 4s, threw a slight curve in the EQu app and these babies are pure BLISS! Comply TX100 tips, perfectly content for well over and hour now!
I threw everything from Jazz to rock, pop to blues.......I think these are keepers for sure! They just sound PERFECT
Edited by fmzip - 9/25/12 at 8:02pmpost #33 of 419/25/12 at 8:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Skooks
Why don't you guys go with the ETy ER-4S with custom molded ear pieces? They are just a tad over $100 for an audiologist to make the impressions and for the company to send them to you. It is a world of difference! I have tried several others that won't even come close to the natural sound of the 4S's. Go to the Ety website and look up the custom ear pieces... they will tell you where to go in your area.
I'm surprised I don't see any more of you guys going this route. I have never found an ear tip for any IEM that will not drive me up the wall after about 30 minutes or so. But, it's not just the comfort fit of the molded ear pieces... they make the 4S's SING!
SO how does this custom mold process work? I see the ETY page to locate a local spot for ear impressions, then what happens? So I make an appt they take impressions, they send them out to be molded as well? Total cost is only $100??post #34 of 419/25/12 at 9:41pmpost #35 of 419/25/12 at 10:02pmpost #36 of 419/25/12 at 10:09pmpost #37 of 419/26/12 at 11:10ampost #38 of 419/26/12 at 11:34ampost #39 of 419/26/12 at 7:14pmpost #40 of 4111/20/12 at 1:28pmQuote:
Would you provide some detail about what you perceive the difference to be?post #41 of 4111/20/12 at 4:28pmQuote:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/598267/review-etymotic-hf5-or-the-er-4s this might answer your QReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER4 Replacement
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Astrotec AX60 - free registered worldwide shipping and paypal fees 1 minute ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 64gb + 2 64gb Micro SD Cards 192gb Total All... 2 minutes ago
- › Options for swappable OP AMP on Asus Xonar DSX? 2 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. 5 minutes ago
- › love the shure se215....but can it get better in the low-end? 6 minutes ago
- › [ T-PEOS ] announce a releasing and pre-selling of H-300. 8 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 = 8 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude