Related Forum Threads
- Westone UM2: The Forgotten "Classic" Last post on 12/10/12 at 3:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Westone 4 seller w/ intl. shipping + why isn't Westone 4 bundled with the E6? Last post on 9/4/12 at 11:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine Challenge - A Pro Gold Review (Yes, another one...) Last post on 8/22/11 at 12:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestion for Etymotics ER4S replacement Last post on 3/11/11 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are the Etymotic ER-4Ps a significant step up from the HF5s? Last post on 3/8/11 at 10:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
No other headphone has surprised me in the manner that the Tactic 3D managed to. I originally purchased them because I needed headphones to do a Skype interview, and I wanted something...
Let me begin by saying there is nothing special about these headphones. My first impression of them made me smile because I fell in love with the oral shaped ear cups (I'm a sucker for "small"...
Owned a variety of DAC's DAP/sources, Cowon J3, Hisound Studio 3rd Anniversary, Dacport LX, HRT Music Streamer II+, Sony Walkman Z. The DX100 completely blows them all away with it's reference...
Before you read this, I think you should know that I'm not an audiophile and that English isn't my native language. Let me start this on a positive note. The design of Razer Tiamat...
Performance: Generally really well. Shouldn't lag at all with normal usage. Should be able to handle most modern apps. I managed to get around 8000 on Antutu Benchmark. Currently runs Android...
Etymotic ER4 Replacement - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Got my ER4-Pt's today with my 75ohm adapter.
Did a quick listen with the Woo Audio 22, I was not impressed. No bottom end at all. Think my HD800's are th perfect marriage with the Woo, these IEM's just won't cut it.
Plugged them into my Headstage 3G and Iphone 4s, threw a slight curve in the EQu app and these babies are pure BLISS! Comply TX100 tips, perfectly content for well over and hour now!
I threw everything from Jazz to rock, pop to blues.......I think these are keepers for sure! They just sound PERFECT
Edited by fmzip - 9/25/12 at 8:02pm
Why don't you guys go with the ETy ER-4S with custom molded ear pieces? They are just a tad over $100 for an audiologist to make the impressions and for the company to send them to you. It is a world of difference! I have tried several others that won't even come close to the natural sound of the 4S's. Go to the Ety website and look up the custom ear pieces... they will tell you where to go in your area.
I'm surprised I don't see any more of you guys going this route. I have never found an ear tip for any IEM that will not drive me up the wall after about 30 minutes or so. But, it's not just the comfort fit of the molded ear pieces... they make the 4S's SING!
SO how does this custom mold process work? I see the ETY page to locate a local spot for ear impressions, then what happens? So I make an appt they take impressions, they send them out to be molded as well? Total cost is only $100??
Would you provide some detail about what you perceive the difference to be?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/598267/review-etymotic-hf5-or-the-er-4s this might answer your Q
- Etymotic ER4 Replacement
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Multi-IEM Review - 286 IEMs compared (LG Quadbeat & TDK MT300 Added... 38 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Audio Note Tubed DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Upgrade from ATH-M50 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr/Bifrost uber combo,is it for me? 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › Mal Valve and the greatest headphone amps on EARTH! 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Mint Tralucent 1plus2 hybrid IEM w/ silver/gold cable trade for... 4 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X Thread 4 minutes ago
- › IC: Montreal, Quebec Meet!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by tintoy
- › JDS Labs ODAC by Rem0o
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU by project86
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe