- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 111tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Westone UM2: The Forgotten "Classic" Last post on 12/10/12 at 3:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Westone 4 seller w/ intl. shipping + why isn't Westone 4 bundled with the E6? Last post on 9/4/12 at 11:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine Challenge - A Pro Gold Review (Yes, another one...) Last post on 8/22/11 at 12:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestion for Etymotics ER4S replacement Last post on 3/11/11 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are the Etymotic ER-4Ps a significant step up from the HF5s? Last post on 3/8/11 at 10:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Etymotic ER4 Replacement - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Got my ER4-Pt's today with my 75ohm adapter.
Did a quick listen with the Woo Audio 22, I was not impressed. No bottom end at all. Think my HD800's are th perfect marriage with the Woo, these IEM's just won't cut it.
Plugged them into my Headstage 3G and Iphone 4s, threw a slight curve in the EQu app and these babies are pure BLISS! Comply TX100 tips, perfectly content for well over and hour now!
I threw everything from Jazz to rock, pop to blues.......I think these are keepers for sure! They just sound PERFECT
Edited by fmzip - 9/25/12 at 8:02pm
Why don't you guys go with the ETy ER-4S with custom molded ear pieces? They are just a tad over $100 for an audiologist to make the impressions and for the company to send them to you. It is a world of difference! I have tried several others that won't even come close to the natural sound of the 4S's. Go to the Ety website and look up the custom ear pieces... they will tell you where to go in your area.
I'm surprised I don't see any more of you guys going this route. I have never found an ear tip for any IEM that will not drive me up the wall after about 30 minutes or so. But, it's not just the comfort fit of the molded ear pieces... they make the 4S's SING!
SO how does this custom mold process work? I see the ETY page to locate a local spot for ear impressions, then what happens? So I make an appt they take impressions, they send them out to be molded as well? Total cost is only $100??
Would you provide some detail about what you perceive the difference to be?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/598267/review-etymotic-hf5-or-the-er-4s this might answer your Q
- Etymotic ER4 Replacement
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 6 seconds ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › IEMs under 100$ or below 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 Headphones with custom audiophile cable and amp 4 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 6 minutes ago
- › [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)