- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 111tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Westone UM2: The Forgotten "Classic" Last post on 12/10/12 at 3:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Westone 4 seller w/ intl. shipping + why isn't Westone 4 bundled with the E6? Last post on 9/4/12 at 11:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine Challenge - A Pro Gold Review (Yes, another one...) Last post on 8/22/11 at 12:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestion for Etymotics ER4S replacement Last post on 3/11/11 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are the Etymotic ER-4Ps a significant step up from the HF5s? Last post on 3/8/11 at 10:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
Etymotic ER4 Replacement - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Got my ER4-Pt's today with my 75ohm adapter.
Did a quick listen with the Woo Audio 22, I was not impressed. No bottom end at all. Think my HD800's are th perfect marriage with the Woo, these IEM's just won't cut it.
Plugged them into my Headstage 3G and Iphone 4s, threw a slight curve in the EQu app and these babies are pure BLISS! Comply TX100 tips, perfectly content for well over and hour now!
I threw everything from Jazz to rock, pop to blues.......I think these are keepers for sure! They just sound PERFECT
Edited by fmzip - 9/25/12 at 8:02pm
Why don't you guys go with the ETy ER-4S with custom molded ear pieces? They are just a tad over $100 for an audiologist to make the impressions and for the company to send them to you. It is a world of difference! I have tried several others that won't even come close to the natural sound of the 4S's. Go to the Ety website and look up the custom ear pieces... they will tell you where to go in your area.
I'm surprised I don't see any more of you guys going this route. I have never found an ear tip for any IEM that will not drive me up the wall after about 30 minutes or so. But, it's not just the comfort fit of the molded ear pieces... they make the 4S's SING!
SO how does this custom mold process work? I see the ETY page to locate a local spot for ear impressions, then what happens? So I make an appt they take impressions, they send them out to be molded as well? Total cost is only $100??
Would you provide some detail about what you perceive the difference to be?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/598267/review-etymotic-hf5-or-the-er-4s this might answer your Q
- Etymotic ER4 Replacement
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Owners Unite 19 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-560 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 58 seconds ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 1 minute ago
- › HD800s with portable AMP/DAC for iMac 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Nooby here needing help. ATH M50's, DAC and Mixer questions.. 9 minutes ago
- › How do I hook up two active monitors to subwoofer without sound card? 9 minutes ago
- › Simple, low cost, HiFi network music streaming device 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 10 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)