- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/12
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/24/12
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 111tagged by System, 8/24/12
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Westone UM2: The Forgotten "Classic" Last post on 12/10/12 at 3:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Westone 4 seller w/ intl. shipping + why isn't Westone 4 bundled with the E6? Last post on 9/4/12 at 11:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine Challenge - A Pro Gold Review (Yes, another one...) Last post on 8/22/11 at 12:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestion for Etymotics ER4S replacement Last post on 3/11/11 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are the Etymotic ER-4Ps a significant step up from the HF5s? Last post on 3/8/11 at 10:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
Etymotic ER4 Replacement - Page 3post #31 of 419/7/12 at 8:48pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 419/25/12 at 7:58pm
Got my ER4-Pt's today with my 75ohm adapter.
Did a quick listen with the Woo Audio 22, I was not impressed. No bottom end at all. Think my HD800's are th perfect marriage with the Woo, these IEM's just won't cut it.
Plugged them into my Headstage 3G and Iphone 4s, threw a slight curve in the EQu app and these babies are pure BLISS! Comply TX100 tips, perfectly content for well over and hour now!
I threw everything from Jazz to rock, pop to blues.......I think these are keepers for sure! They just sound PERFECT
Edited by fmzip - 9/25/12 at 8:02pmpost #33 of 419/25/12 at 8:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Skooks
Why don't you guys go with the ETy ER-4S with custom molded ear pieces? They are just a tad over $100 for an audiologist to make the impressions and for the company to send them to you. It is a world of difference! I have tried several others that won't even come close to the natural sound of the 4S's. Go to the Ety website and look up the custom ear pieces... they will tell you where to go in your area.
I'm surprised I don't see any more of you guys going this route. I have never found an ear tip for any IEM that will not drive me up the wall after about 30 minutes or so. But, it's not just the comfort fit of the molded ear pieces... they make the 4S's SING!
SO how does this custom mold process work? I see the ETY page to locate a local spot for ear impressions, then what happens? So I make an appt they take impressions, they send them out to be molded as well? Total cost is only $100??post #34 of 419/25/12 at 9:41pmpost #35 of 419/25/12 at 10:02pmpost #36 of 419/25/12 at 10:09pmpost #37 of 419/26/12 at 11:10ampost #38 of 419/26/12 at 11:34ampost #39 of 419/26/12 at 7:14pmpost #40 of 4111/20/12 at 1:28pmQuote:
Would you provide some detail about what you perceive the difference to be?post #41 of 4111/20/12 at 4:28pmQuote:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/598267/review-etymotic-hf5-or-the-er-4s this might answer your QReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER4 Replacement
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › SOHA II Builders Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Polk Buckle- an overlooked headphone that deserves a thread 26 seconds ago
- › Is there anything that holds over 160 gigs? 33 seconds ago
- › Review: Final Audio Design Heaven II 1 minute ago
- › Ranking of 17 DACs and DAC Configurations 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › So Paul Walker passed away 1 minute ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 2 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ray Samuels Audio Dark Star solid state headphone amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude