I got the HD439 not to long ago and they just dont have enough bass for me. So what is a great basshead can for about 110? I would like over or on ear I already have some good IEM's. Looking at SOL Republic Tracks HD (I can get them used with extra headband and wire for 110) I don't know any other basshead cans really. Help please!
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphones Blacktagged by System, 8/22/12
- productSOL Republic Tracks HDtagged by System, 8/22/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser hd-439 VS. Sony MDR-XB700 Last post on 1/3/13 at 7:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Sub-$100 Headphone? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- What over ear headphones should I get for around 70? Last post on 8/15/12 at 6:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones should I get? Last post on 8/5/12 at 10:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Trying to find a good set of cans! Last post on 8/16/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
Best basshead cans for 110?post #1 of 28/19/12 at 6:16pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 28/19/12 at 6:27pm
One basshead can that seems to be recommended a lot is the Sony XB500. The cushions on it are gigantic and incredibly soft. Soundwise the bass in it, to me at least, is wonderful.
If you don't mind using a manufacturer refurbished headphone, it can also be quite cheap.
Its $28 on this website, around half the cost of what it'd be new on amazon.
I'm sure others can help make more basshead recommendations in your price range.
- Best basshead cans for 110?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Recommendation for toddlers headphones 43 seconds ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. Phase 2: What speakers did you use to... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 beta firmware 2.06beta-2.07beta download and discussion: ... 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 8 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 10 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 10 minutes ago
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: T-PEOS Altone 200 Review!) 11 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)