I got the HD439 not to long ago and they just dont have enough bass for me. So what is a great basshead can for about 110? I would like over or on ear I already have some good IEM's. Looking at SOL Republic Tracks HD (I can get them used with extra headband and wire for 110) I don't know any other basshead cans really. Help please!
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphones Blacktagged by System, 8/22/12
- productSOL Republic Tracks HDtagged by System, 8/22/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser hd-439 VS. Sony MDR-XB700 Last post on 1/3/13 at 7:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Sub-$100 Headphone? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- What over ear headphones should I get for around 70? Last post on 8/15/12 at 6:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones should I get? Last post on 8/5/12 at 10:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Trying to find a good set of cans! Last post on 8/16/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
Just some brief notes and impressions since no one else has put one up yet. Nice compact form. The little rubber cone feet are useless though and start wearing out. Surprisingly lightweight...
After starting to review a few IEM's in the past week I decided to slip these babies back into my ears as a reference point for the other IEM's. After doing so for a few minutes I realized these...
Best basshead cans for 110?post #1 of 28/19/12 at 6:16pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 28/19/12 at 6:27pm
One basshead can that seems to be recommended a lot is the Sony XB500. The cushions on it are gigantic and incredibly soft. Soundwise the bass in it, to me at least, is wonderful.
If you don't mind using a manufacturer refurbished headphone, it can also be quite cheap.
Its $28 on this website, around half the cost of what it'd be new on amazon.
I'm sure others can help make more basshead recommendations in your price range.
- Best basshead cans for 110?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 20 seconds ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 25 seconds ago
- › Sweet little free crossfeed plug-in for Audirvana 44 seconds ago
- › Cypherlabs AlgoRhythm Picollo Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Time For A New CD Drive For Ripping CDs: Any Ideas? 4 minutes ago
- › Heed CANAMP upgraded + Op Amps 4 minutes ago
- › Are Berdynamic headphones all just die fast ? DT990 600ohms 4 minutes ago
- › Emmeline SR-71A Portable Headphone Amp with Charger 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)