I got the HD439 not to long ago and they just dont have enough bass for me. So what is a great basshead can for about 110? I would like over or on ear I already have some good IEM's. Looking at SOL Republic Tracks HD (I can get them used with extra headband and wire for 110) I don't know any other basshead cans really. Help please!
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productSOL Republic Tracks HDtagged by System, 8/22/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser hd-439 VS. Sony MDR-XB700 Last post on 1/3/13 at 7:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Sub-$100 Headphone? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- What over ear headphones should I get for around 70? Last post on 8/15/12 at 6:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones should I get? Last post on 8/5/12 at 10:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Trying to find a good set of cans! Last post on 8/16/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Best basshead cans for 110?post #1 of 28/19/12 at 6:16pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 28/19/12 at 6:27pm
One basshead can that seems to be recommended a lot is the Sony XB500. The cushions on it are gigantic and incredibly soft. Soundwise the bass in it, to me at least, is wonderful.
If you don't mind using a manufacturer refurbished headphone, it can also be quite cheap.
Its $28 on this website, around half the cost of what it'd be new on amazon.
I'm sure others can help make more basshead recommendations in your price range.
- Best basshead cans for 110?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread just now
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 19 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 23 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 49 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › Super Nintendo SPDIF, DACs, and You 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-A20 SERIES 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Welcome one and all! Please introduce yourselves! 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2