I got the HD439 not to long ago and they just dont have enough bass for me. So what is a great basshead can for about 110? I would like over or on ear I already have some good IEM's. Looking at SOL Republic Tracks HD (I can get them used with extra headband and wire for 110) I don't know any other basshead cans really. Help please!
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphones Blacktagged by System, 8/22/12
- productSOL Republic Tracks HDtagged by System, 8/22/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser hd-439 VS. Sony MDR-XB700 Last post on 1/3/13 at 7:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Sub-$100 Headphone? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- What over ear headphones should I get for around 70? Last post on 8/15/12 at 6:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones should I get? Last post on 8/5/12 at 10:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Trying to find a good set of cans! Last post on 8/16/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Best basshead cans for 110?post #1 of 28/19/12 at 6:16pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 28/19/12 at 6:27pm
One basshead can that seems to be recommended a lot is the Sony XB500. The cushions on it are gigantic and incredibly soft. Soundwise the bass in it, to me at least, is wonderful.
If you don't mind using a manufacturer refurbished headphone, it can also be quite cheap.
Its $28 on this website, around half the cost of what it'd be new on amazon.
I'm sure others can help make more basshead recommendations in your price range.
- Best basshead cans for 110?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Appreciation & Impressions Thread 28 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 59 seconds ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Impression of Stoner Acoustics UD100... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 3 minutes ago
- › ALO The Pan Am - The tube rolling thread 3 minutes ago
- › The new Eddie Current 2A3x4 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › WTB: Sony XBAH3 Hybrid 7 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)