- 30 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- new headphone, need help with research Last post on 1/29/14 at 2:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- No clue of what headphones to get. Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for new headphones. Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some 'starter' audiophile headphones Last post on 10/12/12 at 11:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
With thanks to @alexsv of WyWires and @ejong7 my esteemed friend and headfier extraordinaire, I have the privilege of bringing to the UK the WyWires Red Headphone Cable. I have been sent these all...
Jomo4 The full and long review can be found here: LINK Website: jomoaudio.com Product page: Link Specifications: o Quad Balanced Armature Drivers: 1 x...
-Introduction- The last encounter I had with Advanced Sound was a decent while ago, right around the release of their first IEM, the M4. That was their freshmen release, and...
All instruments come to live with pm1, crystal clear and smooth at the same time. Pm1 made my Sennheiser hd650 and Grado reference 1 sound harsh and incomplete. I had some time to listen to hd800...
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Audio-Technica ATH-M50s?post #1 of 368/19/12 at 8:22amThread StarterAre these headphones better than beats studios? I currently own studios and am wondering if these are a better improvement. I am interested in comfort and sound quality. Please tell me all you know about these headphones. Thanks!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 368/19/12 at 8:28ampost #3 of 368/19/12 at 8:32amThread Starterpost #4 of 368/19/12 at 8:34ampost #5 of 368/19/12 at 8:39amThread Starterpost #6 of 368/19/12 at 8:45amThread Starterpost #7 of 368/19/12 at 8:55am
well a amp will make them sound a little better, but I never really felt they needed one and the sound dose not really have that big of a improvement. But what source device are you using?Quote:
Well I don't know where you live, but in the u.s the prices seam a little to low, you have to buy from a authorized retailer because there are a good number of fakes out there.post #8 of 368/19/12 at 9:10amThread Starterpost #9 of 368/19/12 at 9:19am
The M50s can be driven without an amp, although they will sound a bit better with one. I personally don't think it's worth the investment, especially for $100~ headphones.
Your Droid Razr should be fine.Quote:
Get whichever one you think looks cooler ;D
I found coiled a bit more convenient for me since I could move around a bit more with it, and I could just stuff the coil in a bag without worrying about tangles when I'm traveling. Straight may look a bit neater, though.post #10 of 368/19/12 at 9:19amQuote:
well just check that if its not being sold by amazon them self that you check to see if the 3rd party store selling them via amazon is a authorized retailer. And also try not to buy a used set if you can because you dont want someone just trying to dump a fake pair on someone else.post #11 of 368/19/12 at 9:35amThread Starterpost #12 of 368/19/12 at 9:35ampost #13 of 368/19/12 at 9:38ampost #14 of 368/19/12 at 9:42amThread Starterpost #15 of 368/19/12 at 9:57am
I think they're great headphones for the price, but I wouldn't say they're the best. I haven't heard all the headphones in the same price range, but I do like them enough to recommend them to a friend if they're looking for something around $100, portable, and sound pretty decent. 'Best' is rather subjective, too.
It's better for you to try different headphones at your local store and decide what you like best.
What kind of music do you usually listen to?
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50s?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Foobar 2000 Screenshot Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Want to Control Speakers/Sub and Headphones Through Separate Volume... 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016. 5 minutes ago
- › Nuforce Primo 8 IEM's Brand New 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 6 minutes ago
- › WyWires Red Headphone Cable by Takeanidea
- › Jomo Audio Jomo4 by Zelda
- › Advanced Sound by Cinder
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...