- 30 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- new headphone, need help with research Last post on 1/29/14 at 2:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- No clue of what headphones to get. Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for new headphones. Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some 'starter' audiophile headphones Last post on 10/12/12 at 11:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Sony MDR-EX1000 is truly a legendary IEM but in a world of its own. Not even the latest XBA, or XBA hybrid Z series could rival its intimidating large single-dynamic driver setup. (my EX1000...
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
Audio-Technica ATH-M50s?post #1 of 368/19/12 at 8:22amThread StarterAre these headphones better than beats studios? I currently own studios and am wondering if these are a better improvement. I am interested in comfort and sound quality. Please tell me all you know about these headphones. Thanks!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 368/19/12 at 8:28ampost #3 of 368/19/12 at 8:32amThread Starterpost #4 of 368/19/12 at 8:34ampost #5 of 368/19/12 at 8:39amThread Starterpost #6 of 368/19/12 at 8:45amThread Starterpost #7 of 368/19/12 at 8:55am
well a amp will make them sound a little better, but I never really felt they needed one and the sound dose not really have that big of a improvement. But what source device are you using?Quote:
Well I don't know where you live, but in the u.s the prices seam a little to low, you have to buy from a authorized retailer because there are a good number of fakes out there.post #8 of 368/19/12 at 9:10amThread Starterpost #9 of 368/19/12 at 9:19am
The M50s can be driven without an amp, although they will sound a bit better with one. I personally don't think it's worth the investment, especially for $100~ headphones.
Your Droid Razr should be fine.Quote:
Get whichever one you think looks cooler ;D
I found coiled a bit more convenient for me since I could move around a bit more with it, and I could just stuff the coil in a bag without worrying about tangles when I'm traveling. Straight may look a bit neater, though.post #10 of 368/19/12 at 9:19amQuote:
well just check that if its not being sold by amazon them self that you check to see if the 3rd party store selling them via amazon is a authorized retailer. And also try not to buy a used set if you can because you dont want someone just trying to dump a fake pair on someone else.post #11 of 368/19/12 at 9:35amThread Starterpost #12 of 368/19/12 at 9:35ampost #13 of 368/19/12 at 9:38ampost #14 of 368/19/12 at 9:42amThread Starterpost #15 of 368/19/12 at 9:57am
I think they're great headphones for the price, but I wouldn't say they're the best. I haven't heard all the headphones in the same price range, but I do like them enough to recommend them to a friend if they're looking for something around $100, portable, and sound pretty decent. 'Best' is rather subjective, too.
It's better for you to try different headphones at your local store and decide what you like best.
What kind of music do you usually listen to?
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50s?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › GRADO GR10: Reviews, First Impressions Thread 45 seconds ago
- › Decision between HD600 or X2 or MA900 46 seconds ago
- › Are there any IN-EAR HEADPHONE listeners that need higher volumes... 1 minute ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › LH Geek Out 450 1 minute ago
- › Fake Sennheiser Momentum On Ear for sale on eBay!! 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › i want to upgrade my akg k 420 , any recommendation ? 3 minutes ago
- › Need advice. What to buy? 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by stuartfang
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3