- 30 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- new headphone, need help with research Last post on 1/29/14 at 2:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- No clue of what headphones to get. Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for new headphones. Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some 'starter' audiophile headphones Last post on 10/12/12 at 11:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
Audio-Technica ATH-M50s?post #1 of 368/19/12 at 8:22amThread StarterAre these headphones better than beats studios? I currently own studios and am wondering if these are a better improvement. I am interested in comfort and sound quality. Please tell me all you know about these headphones. Thanks!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 368/19/12 at 8:28ampost #3 of 368/19/12 at 8:32amThread Starterpost #4 of 368/19/12 at 8:34ampost #5 of 368/19/12 at 8:39amThread Starterpost #6 of 368/19/12 at 8:45amThread Starterpost #7 of 368/19/12 at 8:55am
well a amp will make them sound a little better, but I never really felt they needed one and the sound dose not really have that big of a improvement. But what source device are you using?Quote:
Well I don't know where you live, but in the u.s the prices seam a little to low, you have to buy from a authorized retailer because there are a good number of fakes out there.post #8 of 368/19/12 at 9:10amThread Starterpost #9 of 368/19/12 at 9:19am
The M50s can be driven without an amp, although they will sound a bit better with one. I personally don't think it's worth the investment, especially for $100~ headphones.
Your Droid Razr should be fine.Quote:
Get whichever one you think looks cooler ;D
I found coiled a bit more convenient for me since I could move around a bit more with it, and I could just stuff the coil in a bag without worrying about tangles when I'm traveling. Straight may look a bit neater, though.post #10 of 368/19/12 at 9:19amQuote:
well just check that if its not being sold by amazon them self that you check to see if the 3rd party store selling them via amazon is a authorized retailer. And also try not to buy a used set if you can because you dont want someone just trying to dump a fake pair on someone else.post #11 of 368/19/12 at 9:35amThread Starterpost #12 of 368/19/12 at 9:35ampost #13 of 368/19/12 at 9:38ampost #14 of 368/19/12 at 9:42amThread Starterpost #15 of 368/19/12 at 9:57am
I think they're great headphones for the price, but I wouldn't say they're the best. I haven't heard all the headphones in the same price range, but I do like them enough to recommend them to a friend if they're looking for something around $100, portable, and sound pretty decent. 'Best' is rather subjective, too.
It's better for you to try different headphones at your local store and decide what you like best.
What kind of music do you usually listen to?
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50s?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › LZ-A3 1 minute ago
- › ZTE AXON 7-America's First HiFi Mobile Audio & Dolby ATMOS 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › getting more worn out from listening? 4 minutes ago
- › GRADO STATEMENT GS2000e - Review and First Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 6 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 7 minutes ago
- › PayPal woes - Alternatives (Google Wallet, etc)?? 9 minutes ago
- › RHA DAC/AMP M1 10 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 11 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...