- 30 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- new headphone, need help with research Last post on 1/29/14 at 2:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- No clue of what headphones to get. Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for new headphones. Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some 'starter' audiophile headphones Last post on 10/12/12 at 11:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Audio-Technica ATH-M50s?post #1 of 368/19/12 at 8:22amThread StarterAre these headphones better than beats studios? I currently own studios and am wondering if these are a better improvement. I am interested in comfort and sound quality. Please tell me all you know about these headphones. Thanks!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 368/19/12 at 8:28ampost #3 of 368/19/12 at 8:32amThread Starterpost #4 of 368/19/12 at 8:34ampost #5 of 368/19/12 at 8:39amThread Starterpost #6 of 368/19/12 at 8:45amThread Starterpost #7 of 368/19/12 at 8:55am
well a amp will make them sound a little better, but I never really felt they needed one and the sound dose not really have that big of a improvement. But what source device are you using?Quote:
Well I don't know where you live, but in the u.s the prices seam a little to low, you have to buy from a authorized retailer because there are a good number of fakes out there.post #8 of 368/19/12 at 9:10amThread Starterpost #9 of 368/19/12 at 9:19am
The M50s can be driven without an amp, although they will sound a bit better with one. I personally don't think it's worth the investment, especially for $100~ headphones.
Your Droid Razr should be fine.Quote:
Get whichever one you think looks cooler ;D
I found coiled a bit more convenient for me since I could move around a bit more with it, and I could just stuff the coil in a bag without worrying about tangles when I'm traveling. Straight may look a bit neater, though.post #10 of 368/19/12 at 9:19amQuote:
well just check that if its not being sold by amazon them self that you check to see if the 3rd party store selling them via amazon is a authorized retailer. And also try not to buy a used set if you can because you dont want someone just trying to dump a fake pair on someone else.post #11 of 368/19/12 at 9:35amThread Starterpost #12 of 368/19/12 at 9:35ampost #13 of 368/19/12 at 9:38ampost #14 of 368/19/12 at 9:42amThread Starterpost #15 of 368/19/12 at 9:57am
I think they're great headphones for the price, but I wouldn't say they're the best. I haven't heard all the headphones in the same price range, but I do like them enough to recommend them to a friend if they're looking for something around $100, portable, and sound pretty decent. 'Best' is rather subjective, too.
It's better for you to try different headphones at your local store and decide what you like best.
What kind of music do you usually listen to?
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50s?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 45 seconds ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 58 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear: Smelly Ear cup........ 59 seconds ago
- › Noise cancelling headphones with 5.1 or 7.1 support? 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 25th, 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)