- 30 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- new headphone, need help with research Last post on 11/11/12 at 11:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- No clue of what headphones to get. Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for new headphones. Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some 'starter' audiophile headphones Last post on 10/12/12 at 11:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help please Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
Edited on 5/27/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Introduction In the past 2 years VentureCraft has been successfully creating amps and DAC/Amp packaged components with their GD-03, Go-DAP 4.0 for iPhone 4(s), and Go-DAP X for their...
Audio-Technica ATH-M50s?post #1 of 368/19/12 at 8:22amThread StarterAre these headphones better than beats studios? I currently own studios and am wondering if these are a better improvement. I am interested in comfort and sound quality. Please tell me all you know about these headphones. Thanks!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 368/19/12 at 8:28ampost #3 of 368/19/12 at 8:32amThread Starterpost #4 of 368/19/12 at 8:34ampost #5 of 368/19/12 at 8:39amThread Starterpost #6 of 368/19/12 at 8:45amThread Starterpost #7 of 368/19/12 at 8:55am
well a amp will make them sound a little better, but I never really felt they needed one and the sound dose not really have that big of a improvement. But what source device are you using?Quote:
Well I don't know where you live, but in the u.s the prices seam a little to low, you have to buy from a authorized retailer because there are a good number of fakes out there.post #8 of 368/19/12 at 9:10amThread Starterpost #9 of 368/19/12 at 9:19am
The M50s can be driven without an amp, although they will sound a bit better with one. I personally don't think it's worth the investment, especially for $100~ headphones.
Your Droid Razr should be fine.Quote:
Get whichever one you think looks cooler ;D
I found coiled a bit more convenient for me since I could move around a bit more with it, and I could just stuff the coil in a bag without worrying about tangles when I'm traveling. Straight may look a bit neater, though.post #10 of 368/19/12 at 9:19amQuote:
well just check that if its not being sold by amazon them self that you check to see if the 3rd party store selling them via amazon is a authorized retailer. And also try not to buy a used set if you can because you dont want someone just trying to dump a fake pair on someone else.post #11 of 368/19/12 at 9:35amThread Starterpost #12 of 368/19/12 at 9:35ampost #13 of 368/19/12 at 9:38ampost #14 of 368/19/12 at 9:42amThread Starterpost #15 of 368/19/12 at 9:57am
I think they're great headphones for the price, but I wouldn't say they're the best. I haven't heard all the headphones in the same price range, but I do like them enough to recommend them to a friend if they're looking for something around $100, portable, and sound pretty decent. 'Best' is rather subjective, too.
It's better for you to try different headphones at your local store and decide what you like best.
What kind of music do you usually listen to?
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50s?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Monoprice Hi-Fi DJ Style Headphone Review 5 seconds ago
- › Selling: Sennheiser IE80 Like New 5 seconds ago
- › Need help for a beginner 31 seconds ago
- › Why the Beats Hate? 35 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 51 seconds ago
- › Best headphones under $300? 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Amperiors? 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe