or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread - Page 322

post #4816 of 6344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespertine View Post
 

Yes the bass. I have the 900's also, and have never heard any Audeze products. I agree that it is most definitely in the same league as the Th900's, I would even go so far as to say that it might be considered in its own league, all by itself, in my listening experience.

 

Natural is most certainly the word, creamy bass, it pours onto your ear drums rather than hits them.

 

I would consider myself a lover of bass, these never distort, ever.

 

Indeed when listening to the 1plus2 it often feels as if the sound waves are like a drop of water landing in a glass of water rather than on a hard surface. I really get that image of wavelet dispersal, that is what it sounds like to me. 

 

Including the bass. I find it has energy also, though I could talk a lot about the timing of the earphones and how they seem to have that nailed, which is what is peaking my interest more with this talk of cables, as I am starting to think that timing could easily be improved with better conductors. 

 

Interesting also that you mention not too much and not too little, whereas I would consider them to be quite bass heavy, but that could be a relative illusion, seeking it out, if I am satisfied, I will of course label them as bass heavy.

 

Either way, it is gorgeous, and I can't find it anywhere else, not in anything I have listened to ever in my life.

 

So I would rank these currently as best bass ever, however I do remember clearly moaning to Gavin about the lack of it before I got a proper seal.

 

I am also hoping that perhaps new cables will stay in the units more, could go either way I suppose. I want to return to using these on the go.

 

 

The bass is what I keep coming back to 1p2, I was hoping to find something to match the TH900 and I have found it, after going around many IEM. On top of that, the 1p2 has the kind of extended treble that suits me so well. So here I have the winner IEm in my hands. I do agree with you, once you heard this 1p2, its very hard to find another IEM to match this kind of quality.

post #4817 of 6344
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post
 

 

Well, the bad news is the only way to find out is to become one of these:

 

 

hahaha.... cute little animal.

 

yes, 1p2 is love at first hear, no way back for me personally. and unique because this can emulate big loudspeaker sensation so well that makes me smile each time i listen to them.

post #4818 of 6344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post
 

 

 

The bass is what I keep coming back to 1p2, I was hoping to find something to match the TH900 and I have found it, after going around many IEM. On top of that, the 1p2 has the kind of extended treble that suits me so well. So here I have the winner IEm in my hands. I do agree with you, once you heard this 1p2, its very hard to find another IEM to match this kind of quality.

Yeah ... I wonder what is going to beat them and when ... money no object ....maybe I need to start spending money on Amps etc, I am so much about portable though... maybe I can do better than the Colorfly C4 ...

 

Seems that 1plus2's have held top spot for most of 2013 ..... and into 2014...

post #4819 of 6344
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post
 

 

I am very very interested.. I am cheap enough to pretend this could be my uber cable solution. Had always love Whiplashaudio cables.

 

Buy it used like I did ;). Well that is if you get lucky enough for someone to sell their uber that is ;P.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post
 

 

 

The bass is what I keep coming back to 1p2, I was hoping to find something to match the TH900 and I have found it, after going around many IEM. On top of that, the 1p2 has the kind of extended treble that suits me so well. So here I have the winner IEm in my hands. I do agree with you, once you heard this 1p2, its very hard to find another IEM to match this kind of quality.

 

 

The bass has always been amazing on these things. It hits hard yet never goes over the top for me. Although I don't consider them bass heavy Per se. Yet I don't consider them bass light either. They move a ton of air for being IEMs and that gives me that sensation. Even with the SE5, the 1Plus2 are still my go to IEM. But all 3 compliment each other very well and keeps things fresh for me. The AK120-S mod with 1Plus2 is sublime. The treble gives me the shivers lol. It gives me the treble of the Stage 4 IEMs but slightly better now. Still would love to hear the Stage 4 on the mod. Depending on the pairing I'd probably still say the Stage 4 is the best IEM I've heard in terms of treble, followed by 1Plus2 and then AKG3003.


Edited by lee730 - 1/4/14 at 2:09pm
post #4820 of 6344

Ok I went ahead and order the new whiplash cable. Got a deal from Craig as I had some history with him.

 

I want to report that Craig is an honorable guy after this deal and .....

 

Sorry Craig for the heart burn & thank you very much, (I understand the cost of cable is sooo expensive) - :)

 

Will report back on the cable here..

post #4821 of 6344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post
 

Ok I went ahead and order the new whiplash cable. Got a deal from Craig as I had some history with him.

 

I want to report that Craig is an honorable guy after this deal and .....

 

Sorry Craig for the heart burn & thank you very much, (I understand the cost of cable is sooo expensive) - :)

 

Will report back on the cable here..

I shall await your report, I presume you just ordered the one on the page and as available...

post #4822 of 6344

Good luck with the Whiplash cable though I suspect it wont voice as well as what Gavin comes up with for his own IEMs. I've heard that the cable itself was great but there's more to matching. Pure speculation and they may sing together.:bigsmile_face: 

post #4823 of 6344
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post
 

Good luck with the Whiplash cable though I suspect it wont voice as well as what Gavin comes up with for his own IEMs. I've heard that the cable itself was great but there's more to matching. Pure speculation and they may sing together.:bigsmile_face: 

Is the Uber still 1k or something?

post #4824 of 6344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespertine View Post
 

Is the Uber still 1k or something?

 

 something = $1300

post #4825 of 6344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespertine View Post

I shall await your report, I presume you just ordered the one on the page and as available...

Yep, that's the one.
post #4826 of 6344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post


Yep, that's the one.

I might go into the headphone cable business...

 

Deffo some good margin to be had....

post #4827 of 6344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespertine View Post
 

I might go into the headphone cable business...

 

Deffo some good margin to be had....

 

are you gonna to manufacture cable wire too? otherwise you might be in for a big surprise when supplier will quote you per meter (high end cable). some cables start from 10K a meter without terminations.

 

what i heard is that uBer cable wire comes from very expensive material used in top brand high end loudspeakers, so this well explains exorbitant price of uBer... the wire is not used in headphones but taken from high end and adapted to IEM... and it well explains the aspect of fragility of uBer cable too. ;)

 

frankly speaking i doubt many manufacturers use such wire components in their cables.... Tralucent is a pure audiophile shop where cost is no objective but it's all about sound.

post #4828 of 6344

Can anyone tell me how the 1plus2 sound with old school death metal? I'm planning on purchasing them eventually and I would like to know how they perform with the genre. 

post #4829 of 6344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post
 

 

are you gonna to manufacture cable wire too? otherwise you might be in for a big surprise when supplier will quote you per meter (high end cable). some cables start from 10K a meter without terminations.

 

what i heard is that uBer cable wire comes from very expensive material used in top brand high end loudspeakers, so this well explains exorbitant price of uBer... the wire is not used in headphones but taken from high end and adapted to IEM... and it well explains the aspect of fragility of uBer cable too. ;)

 

frankly speaking i doubt many manufacturers use such wire components in their cables.... Tralucent is a pure audiophile shop where cost is no objective but it's all about sound.

To be honest if people are flogging stranded metal for 10K a meter then that gives me even more reason to mess around.... 10K a meter... it could be made of diamond and not have manufacturing costs 50% of that. I would love to know what a cable that cost 10k a meter is made from....

 

Source?

post #4830 of 6344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespertine View Post

I would love to know what a cable that cost 10k a meter is made from....

Love
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread