Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread - Page 56

post #826 of 5633
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

I'm actually about to say goodbye to my ES5 in the next couple days, thanks to you know what.


OMG (drooling uncontrollably) lmao ;).....

 

This makes me wonder how my 8As will fair then... :(, ;)

post #827 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

I will post a good impression when I get the demo pair in, but for now, planx and I thought they were much more improved upon. Basically, it was, in every single way, more superior than the previous pair. What I liked about it was how it sounded more natural, with nothing straining itself, and was just presented with organization. Imaging was even more superior than the previous pair thanks to it's more controlled treble, whilst still retaining it's shimmer, and more forward mids. Also, there's a lot more mid-bass slam going on, with no bleeding to mids, and good texture to it as well. Of course, the dynamic driver was still pushing air so sub bass was something to marvel at.

These are initial impressions that were taken in haste (around an hour), and were still in the process of burning in at 50 hours. That's how impressed I was, especially of how amazing it performed straight out of my iPhone 5. Sounds so much better than my ES5 unamped...

Wow... That makes me wondering how terrific the 1p2 could possibly sound..
I have seen a lot of positive feedbacks from ES5 users.
Unfortunately, the current version of 1p2 takes longer to craft :/
How does 1p2 perform in female vocals?
post #828 of 5633

I cannot say for certain for now, I need a fully burned in silver cable to determine vocals, so I will get back to you guys soon on that when the demo pairs come in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinghui0711 View Post


Wow... That makes me wondering how terrific the 1p2 could possibly sound..
I have seen a lot of positive feedbacks from ES5 users.
Unfortunately, the current version of 1p2 takes longer to craft :/
How does 1p2 perform in female vocals?
post #829 of 5633

This makes me not want to get the UM Miracle. D:

post #830 of 5633

Someone with both the Miracle and ES5 told me the Miracle sounded extremely boring compared to the ES5. Balanced but boring. It's up to you but I'd wait and see if you can get your hands on a demo pair.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotsEatCookie View Post

This makes me not want to get the UM Miracle. D:

post #831 of 5633
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

Someone with both the Miracle and ES5 told me the Miracle sounded extremely boring compared to the ES5. Balanced but boring. It's up to you but I'd wait and see if you can get your hands on a demo pair.

 


Boring, really? I was more under the impression the Miracles would be quite bright and strident (lively) due to this. I love my detail but I also don't want the treble to steal the spot light as well as getting fatigued on long listening sessions... One reason why I opted for the Heir 8As...


Edited by lee730 - 12/18/12 at 10:53am
post #832 of 5633

From what he said, Miracles sounded really balanced overall. Hmm... In my case I really dislike boring cans. I got the LCD2 because of it's superior mids, bass, spacious stage, imaging, and with the right gear, the right amount of treble shimmer/sparkle. Looks like the 1Plus2r hits all the right spots as well.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Really? I was more under the impression the miralces would be quite bright and strident due to this. I love my detail but I also don't want the treble to steal the spot light as well...

post #833 of 5633
Thread Starter 

I guess it really depends. When I see something as boring it really doesn't excel at anything and isn't pleasant to listen to. I mean I never heard the W4 but from all the reviews I read on it I felt I'd consider it a plain-Jane/boring IEM. Well the RE262 were quite boring as well lol but they focused more on the mids, yet treble was quite unrefined and bass near to none on it in quantity. I can confidently say while the MDR-7550s are still really good IEMs being reference monitors when doing side by side comparison with my 1Plus2s it is no-contest and downright makes me angry listening to them... :( I mean I have to listen to them for at least an hour to get back into their sound and I don't have the patience to do that.... Also factor in that they sound quite small and closed in in comparison just makes things worse :(.
 


Edited by lee730 - 12/18/12 at 10:56am
post #834 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

I'm actually about to say goodbye to my ES5 in the next couple days, thanks to you know what.

blink.gif...this must means something .


Edited by turokrocks - 12/18/12 at 11:04am
post #835 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

Someone with both the Miracle and ES5 told me the Miracle sounded extremely boring compared to the ES5. Balanced but boring. It's up to you but I'd wait and see if you can get your hands on a demo pair.

 

 

The demo pair is said to sound far worse than the actual molded customs, but I've heard they sounded analytical but fun. In that case, I might go after the JH16 Pro Freqphase.

post #836 of 5633

Miracles do not sound bright.  They are quite balanced.  Lee, you know how sensitive I am to bright treble and sibilance.  Anyway, it will be nice to compare it to the Tralucent. 

post #837 of 5633

Sorry :)


Edited by Saraguie - 12/18/12 at 6:33pm
post #838 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

From what he said, Miracles sounded really balanced overall. Hmm... In my case I really dislike boring cans. I got the LCD2 because of it's superior mids, bass, spacious stage, imaging, and with the right gear, the right amount of treble shimmer/sparkle. Looks like the 1Plus2r hits all the right spots as well.

 

 

 

Oooh now this sounds excellent! Does this mean this version can be somewhat comparable to high end cans (for all intents and purposes I consider the LCD-2 high-end, others may not). Oh pretty please do a comparison between the two if you could. Thanks beforehand.

post #839 of 5633

I guess it competes as an IEM, but it's still apples to oranges... Balanced Armature iem drivers can't really be compared to Orthos full sized drivers besides the frequency range aspect.

 

I'll draw some comparisons when I get the demo pair in with a fair amount of burn in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nk77 View Post

 

Oooh now this sounds excellent! Does this mean this version can be somewhat comparable to high end cans (for all intents and purposes I consider the LCD-2 high-end, others may not). Oh pretty please do a comparison between the two if you could. Thanks beforehand.

post #840 of 5633

He had the actual custom molded pair that he bought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotsEatCookie View Post

 

The demo pair is said to sound far worse than the actual molded customs, but I've heard they sounded analytical but fun. In that case, I might go after the JH16 Pro Freqphase.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread