Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread - Page 358

post #5356 of 5633

Sensaphonics does a fair amount of custom sleeve business for Shure and Etymotic users. The nice thing is that it provides many of the benefits of a CIEM, but keeps your universal pristine for potential resale.

 

Link for more info: http://www.sensaphonics.com/category/products/custom-fit-iem-sleeves

post #5357 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATSCODE View Post
 

So now the question is whether:

 

1. Ref 1 + Gold/Silver > 1p2 + uBer

 

or

 

2. Ref 1 + Silver > 1p2+ uBer

I don't have Gold/Silver and my vote goes to...

 

Ref.1 + Silver

post #5358 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post
 

I don't have Gold/Silver and my vote goes to...

 

Ref.1 + Silver

 

Can you elaborate on the difference (Uber vs Silver), please?

post #5359 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post
 

 

Can you elaborate on the difference (Uber vs Silver), please?

Uber

- More palpable in all aspects.  

- More "air" around each instrument and you can feel better separations between them.

- Details are finer.

- Vocal...can feel the "throat" of singer in some recording (Jamica Farewell/Day O -Harry Belafonte/At Carnegie Hall) 

 

However, the silver seems like deliver more mid-bass than the uber and somehow is good choice for listening to those old pop recordings in the 70s.  

post #5360 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post
 

Uber

- More palpable in all aspects.  

- More "air" around each instrument and you can feel better separations between them.

- Details are finer.

- Vocal...can feel the "throat" of singer in some recording (Jamica Farewell/Day O -Harry Belafonte/At Carnegie Hall) 

 

However, the silver seems like deliver more mid-bass than the uber and somehow is good choice for listening to those old pop recordings in the 70s.  

It is nice to hear that the silver cable is good for something - lol. It is the cable I have with my pair and I enjoy the 1p2 through it immensely - certainly there is a difference with the $700 and $1200 upgrade cables - but at this point, I will get used to my silver for a bit before going hog-wild.....

 

I might even use the silver with a few of my other cans.. has anyone else done that?

post #5361 of 5633
I plan on using my Whiplash TWag V3 for my Ref1, which I've been using with my Heir 8.0. I also have a hybrid cable from Null Audio due to arrive, so whichever sounds better really. I'm banking on the TWag but you never know.
post #5362 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post
 

It is nice to hear that the silver cable is good for something - lol. It is the cable I have with my pair and I enjoy the 1p2 through it immensely - certainly there is a difference with the $700 and $1200 upgrade cables - but at this point, I will get used to my silver for a bit before going hog-wild.....

 

I might even use the silver with a few of my other cans.. has anyone else done that?

I picked the silver when bought the 1Plus2 as I was using Tera Player which has a pretty analogue SQ and found there is no sibilant as many complained about the 1Plus2.  Also, due to my home set up which is bias towards "monitor" SQ rather than hi-fi, the silver gives me better crisp imaging & separation over the silver/gold.  

 

Did not hear the silver/gold with Ref.1 though but read a lot of good reviews of the combo.

post #5363 of 5633
Guys, any impressions wrt 1plus2 (uber) balanced with the AK240? I just bought the AK240 and will receive it next week..

Im a weak weak fool
post #5364 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrin313 View Post

Guys, any impressions wrt 1plus2 (uber) balanced with the AK240? I just bought the AK240 and will receive it next week..

Im a weak weak fool


You made me laugh, a lot...

 

I remember your comments about its price and how happy you are with your modded C4 rig and all...

 

Anyway that's the head-fi, this is the spirit. Everybody let's keep on buying overpriced gears so the manufacturers can make more overpriced gears.

post #5365 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post


You made me laugh, a lot...

I remember your comments about its price and how happy you are with your modded C4 rig and all...

Anyway that's the head-fi, this is the spirit. Everybody let's keep on buying overpriced gears so the manufacturers can make more overpriced gears.

I know right, and the modded c4 pro might sound better too.. But im like this. .. Gotta get that top end gear, be done with it so I don't have to look up anymore..
post #5366 of 5633
So Gavin told me about 10 days and he'll have mine ready. I'm thinking of getting another DAP, I've narrowed it down to Calyx M and RWAK120B (Something about being fully balanced is getting me as I'll use my Intruder amp. with it). Final 2 spots are ak120ii and ak100ii.

Anyone have any suggestions for these? Money isn't a factor for these devices, I'm going on SQ, looks (subjective and like them all), and UI. I do prefer lots of bass... But clarity too. Battery life is acceptable on all the devices for me, Calyx being the min acceptable.
Please help me decide, pros and cons, etc...Forgot, I have a zx1 now
post #5367 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrin313 View Post

I know right, and the modded c4 pro might sound better too.. But im like this. .. Gotta get that top end gear, be done with it so I don't have to look up anymore..

Nazrin
I am afraid your neck can not be at rest until your ak240 is modded LoL
post #5368 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

Nazrin
I am afraid your neck can not be at rest until your ak240 is modded LoL

Don't worry my friend.. Reading about the mod as we speak lol...

Hahaha so back to my original question.. Impressions of 1plus2 with uber balanced with the AK240?
post #5369 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 


You made me laugh, a lot...

 

I remember your comments about its price and how happy you are with your modded C4 rig and all...

 

Anyway that's the head-fi, this is the spirit. Everybody let's keep on buying overpriced gears so the manufacturers can make more overpriced gears.

That's the bad influence from all of us!

post #5370 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post

That's the bad influence from all of us!

Hhaha, when one can get it why not right? Only live once
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread