Those are what i am using
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tralucent 1Plus2 2.0 w/ gold+silver cable Last post on 11/25/14 at 4:18pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Tralucent 1p2 vs Shure 846 vs Roxanne Siren? Last post on 2/7/14 at 10:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1plus2 or UERM for Death Metal? Last post on 1/7/14 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hybrid IEM comparison requested: Astrotec AX60, DUNU DN1000, TPEOS H200 Last post on 12/24/13 at 5:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- (Price Drop)Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM with gold and sliver cable (Like new) Last post on 11/16/13 at 3:43am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread - Page 328
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
At first I did have the sibilance but after burn in, they don't have anymore from my experience. Using silver and gold cables
I also noticed some sibilance but only on few "hot" recordings (ie Louis Armstrongs "What a Wonderful World" album is one of my favorite and I do notice sibilance quite a bit when he sings).
Also, I haven't noticed any sibilance with my RE-600. However, 1P2 is so much better in every way with 99% of other music I like that I don't even use my RE-600 any more.
846 is more on the warmer side, the 1p2 is on the bright and analytic
Here is my findings on the new;
NEW Flagship TWau Reference GOLD PLATED SILVER
In short: This is a zero cable. It brings nothing to the table, by bringing nothing to the table, you are one with the music... :)
In not so short: I have been listening to it for the past 3 days, perhaps not fully burn in yet, and all I hear is an improvement to the overall sound quality. Its not going to give you warmth, or boost the mids to make it less U shape or get more treble, this is a very neutral cable, so neutral I call it zero. In fact, by not doing any of this, the cable let the music flow as is.. so effortlessly that I absolutely love it.
With this cable not adding anything to the tonality, I experience the fullness of my Sony ZX1 in its greatest glory, there is depth & expansively wide with a good height. The sound becomes larger. There is a good amount of layer after each layer, and the detail is superb. The tonality is still very much the same as the stock gold silver cable, but its a more refine diamond that shines.. If you ask me what is the greatest features of this cable, it will be the ability to maintain that treble energy without the harshness of the stock cable. It becomes a more refine treble quality and crystal sounds like crystal without the harshness and its even more life like. The occasional vocal sibilance of the stock are smooth out like a diamond without sharp edges and yet the treble energy within it, does not go down or roll off, in fact without some of the sibilance, I experience the vocal in its fullness.
Cable has zero microphonic issues, and is not as bouncy as the stock, it retains the coiling without bouncing off. I love the wooden coin, its like wearing a pendant on neck.
This cable does not bring any additional bass, unlike the V3 cable that I have which brings up mid bass and depress some of the clarity. This cable brings absolutely nothing to the bass, it neither enhance it or depress the tonality but what it does is, it refines it. The refinement can be heard when the bass tightens up and in a very well control way as compared to stock. This quality is not so obvious as the stock is already very good, it maintains that goodness with a hint of tightening.
Overall I love this cable, and yes its much cheaper at $525 than the uber cable. I have not heard the uber cable but this cable is indeed an upgrade to the stock gold silver cable. The qualities are more refine and if you ask me what is the most obvious differences, I would say that the smoothing of the treble without loosing any bit of that energy, there is no more occasional sibilance, there is none now, the rest of the qualities are pretty subtle yet brings a lot more enjoyment to the music. This cable will not sound as if u added a new dac/amp like the uber does, it does nothing of that, cause all it does is.. lets the music flows without adding any preservatives.
This is why I call it.. The zero cable.. By being nothing, you are everything with the music..
I have 1+2 with uber. Unfortunately, cable jack broke and I send it back for repair. I didn't have any items at the moment, so I decided, what a hell, I'll buy Shure 846 and return them later, while waiting for my Tralucents. Let me tell you, I think I'll keep them. These babies are really good. They build like tanks. They disappear in your ears and you won't feel them.
Tralucents like twice bigger and not that comfortable on the go, specially with uber cable. On the sound: bass is on the pair with 1+2s, sometimes even better. Mids are sure better
(Shure is known for it), highs are not as bright as Tralucents, but it still very good. The only weak part is soundstage. You can't beat 1+2s crazy wide soundstage.
So, for critical inhouse listening I choose Tralucents. On the go, 846s no doubt. Maybe, my preferences will change, when I get my first customs JH Roxanne (on loooong waiting list). But for now these two universals are the top game.
I currently have IE800 and SE846.I wanna ask you something.Did/does anyone compare 1plus2 with SE846 ? Which is better ? And why ? What are differences ?
I think comparing 1+2 to 846 is comparing two different styles of sound, 846 from memory is pretty warm, full bodied, whilst the 1+2 is more detailed, better clarity/transparent and wide soundstage. I would imagine both be a great choice and suit different genre of music and listening styles. Its all down to personal preference.
- Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 34 seconds ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 56 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › QLS QA360: Another DSD-capable DAP 2 minutes ago
- › It is odd but not peculiar... 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Rookie needs some advice for traveling setup and review of pc setup 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2