Those are what i am using
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tralucent 1Plus2 2.0 w/ gold+silver cable Last post on 11/25/14 at 4:18pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Tralucent 1p2 vs Shure 846 vs Roxanne Siren? Last post on 2/7/14 at 10:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1plus2 or UERM for Death Metal? Last post on 1/7/14 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hybrid IEM comparison requested: Astrotec AX60, DUNU DN1000, TPEOS H200 Last post on 12/24/13 at 5:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- (Price Drop)Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM with gold and sliver cable (Like new) Last post on 11/16/13 at 3:43am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread - Page 328
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
At first I did have the sibilance but after burn in, they don't have anymore from my experience. Using silver and gold cables
I also noticed some sibilance but only on few "hot" recordings (ie Louis Armstrongs "What a Wonderful World" album is one of my favorite and I do notice sibilance quite a bit when he sings).
Also, I haven't noticed any sibilance with my RE-600. However, 1P2 is so much better in every way with 99% of other music I like that I don't even use my RE-600 any more.
846 is more on the warmer side, the 1p2 is on the bright and analytic
Here is my findings on the new;
NEW Flagship TWau Reference GOLD PLATED SILVER
In short: This is a zero cable. It brings nothing to the table, by bringing nothing to the table, you are one with the music... :)
In not so short: I have been listening to it for the past 3 days, perhaps not fully burn in yet, and all I hear is an improvement to the overall sound quality. Its not going to give you warmth, or boost the mids to make it less U shape or get more treble, this is a very neutral cable, so neutral I call it zero. In fact, by not doing any of this, the cable let the music flow as is.. so effortlessly that I absolutely love it.
With this cable not adding anything to the tonality, I experience the fullness of my Sony ZX1 in its greatest glory, there is depth & expansively wide with a good height. The sound becomes larger. There is a good amount of layer after each layer, and the detail is superb. The tonality is still very much the same as the stock gold silver cable, but its a more refine diamond that shines.. If you ask me what is the greatest features of this cable, it will be the ability to maintain that treble energy without the harshness of the stock cable. It becomes a more refine treble quality and crystal sounds like crystal without the harshness and its even more life like. The occasional vocal sibilance of the stock are smooth out like a diamond without sharp edges and yet the treble energy within it, does not go down or roll off, in fact without some of the sibilance, I experience the vocal in its fullness.
Cable has zero microphonic issues, and is not as bouncy as the stock, it retains the coiling without bouncing off. I love the wooden coin, its like wearing a pendant on neck.
This cable does not bring any additional bass, unlike the V3 cable that I have which brings up mid bass and depress some of the clarity. This cable brings absolutely nothing to the bass, it neither enhance it or depress the tonality but what it does is, it refines it. The refinement can be heard when the bass tightens up and in a very well control way as compared to stock. This quality is not so obvious as the stock is already very good, it maintains that goodness with a hint of tightening.
Overall I love this cable, and yes its much cheaper at $525 than the uber cable. I have not heard the uber cable but this cable is indeed an upgrade to the stock gold silver cable. The qualities are more refine and if you ask me what is the most obvious differences, I would say that the smoothing of the treble without loosing any bit of that energy, there is no more occasional sibilance, there is none now, the rest of the qualities are pretty subtle yet brings a lot more enjoyment to the music. This cable will not sound as if u added a new dac/amp like the uber does, it does nothing of that, cause all it does is.. lets the music flows without adding any preservatives.
This is why I call it.. The zero cable.. By being nothing, you are everything with the music..
I have 1+2 with uber. Unfortunately, cable jack broke and I send it back for repair. I didn't have any items at the moment, so I decided, what a hell, I'll buy Shure 846 and return them later, while waiting for my Tralucents. Let me tell you, I think I'll keep them. These babies are really good. They build like tanks. They disappear in your ears and you won't feel them.
Tralucents like twice bigger and not that comfortable on the go, specially with uber cable. On the sound: bass is on the pair with 1+2s, sometimes even better. Mids are sure better
(Shure is known for it), highs are not as bright as Tralucents, but it still very good. The only weak part is soundstage. You can't beat 1+2s crazy wide soundstage.
So, for critical inhouse listening I choose Tralucents. On the go, 846s no doubt. Maybe, my preferences will change, when I get my first customs JH Roxanne (on loooong waiting list). But for now these two universals are the top game.
I currently have IE800 and SE846.I wanna ask you something.Did/does anyone compare 1plus2 with SE846 ? Which is better ? And why ? What are differences ?
I think comparing 1+2 to 846 is comparing two different styles of sound, 846 from memory is pretty warm, full bodied, whilst the 1+2 is more detailed, better clarity/transparent and wide soundstage. I would imagine both be a great choice and suit different genre of music and listening styles. Its all down to personal preference.
- Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › SONY NW-ZX2... MicroSD Slot & 33 hours Hi-Res Playback 52 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 3 minutes ago
- › The death of headphone retail? 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7506 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for an ampfilier for my Sennheiser HD201 headphones. 5 minutes ago
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3