So playing tracks through good source but what about volume? Should you keep increasing volume on the amp over time?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tralucent 1Plus2 2.0 w/ gold+silver cable Last post on 11/25/14 at 4:18pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Tralucent 1p2 vs Shure 846 vs Roxanne Siren? Last post on 2/7/14 at 10:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1plus2 or UERM for Death Metal? Last post on 1/7/14 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hybrid IEM comparison requested: Astrotec AX60, DUNU DN1000, TPEOS H200 Last post on 12/24/13 at 5:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- (Price Drop)Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM with gold and sliver cable (Like new) Last post on 11/16/13 at 3:43am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread - Page 32
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I was just told to leave the volume at an uncomfortable listening level. Of course you should be resting your amp, and not have it constantly playing 24/7.
Well I let it play in a loop.. I've had it on for over 24 hours at a time. I keep the volume at a slightly above comfortable level on the IEMs.
It will noticeably scale better with a better source. The iPhone won't be bad but it won't push them to their full potential.
All I can say right now is that they're ****ing incredible with live rock (Evanescence).
When it involves rating live music I usually listen to Jazz At The Pawn Shop, Pulse by Pink Floyd, or Is Anybody Out There also by Pink Floyd. You should try giving those 3 CD's a spin if you have them handy.
These IEMs are extremely resolving.... Listening to them through my Triad L3 is draw-dropping....... The dynamics, sound-staging is unbelievable.... I really do feel like I am wearing full size headphones.... Listening to 24/192 and 24/92 really shows you the true potential of these IEMs. It's insane.....
My two live recording references that I've been using lately are Iron & Wine's 02/15/2008 Wheaton, Il concert and The Tiger Lillies "Urine Palace".
Iron & Wine have released numerous live recordings on playedlastnight.com (although it doesn't seem to be around anymore), the Wheaton, Il concert is rather unique in that it's Sam Beam solo with his acoustic guitar. It's very well recorded and very intimate recording.
The Tiger Lillies are probably an acquired taste by most. The singer trained himself as an opera singer with a castrati style voice and the rest of the band is mainly made up of accordian, double bass and drums. They look at the darker, seedier side of life so it's definitely not for everyone. The "Urine Palace" recording takes place in a few locales but they all seem to be of the smaller club variety so there's a very personal, intimate feel to it as well with a lot of audible queues from the audience.
So I just got the silver cables in. They are not burned in yet so I'm only going to give brief comparison to the silver/gold cable I've been trying to listen to.
The mid bass is more tamed, and the vocals now seem more clear. The silver/gold cable creates a richer tone, and as some have stated, gives the sound realism. The silver cable is much more resolving, and since the creep is less apparent, I really am starting to like the whole 1+2 and T1 system. I still have to give it a good amount of burn in, so until then.
Edit: Oh yes, and the Westone stock cable is a pile of trash. Muffled, bloated, congested.
Edited by Girls Generation - 10/16/12 at 2:37pm
- Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Filter Help w/ Speakers 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 2 minutes ago
- › Full blown addiction 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Changing gain for Beta22 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 3 minutes ago
- › Help - Android DAC/AMP to drive 250ohms 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2