So playing tracks through good source but what about volume? Should you keep increasing volume on the amp over time?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tralucent 1Plus2 2.0 w/ gold+silver cable Last post on 10/19/14 at 6:17am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Tralucent 1p2 vs Shure 846 vs Roxanne Siren? Last post on 2/7/14 at 10:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hybrid IEM comparison requested: Astrotec AX60, DUNU DN1000, TPEOS H200 Last post on 12/24/13 at 5:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- (Price Drop)Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM with gold and sliver cable (Like new) Last post on 11/16/13 at 3:43am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- MusicaAcustics Portable Headphone & Gear USA/ Canada Equipment Audition Tour Last post on 10/10/13 at 4:55pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread - Page 32
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I was just told to leave the volume at an uncomfortable listening level. Of course you should be resting your amp, and not have it constantly playing 24/7.
Well I let it play in a loop.. I've had it on for over 24 hours at a time. I keep the volume at a slightly above comfortable level on the IEMs.
It will noticeably scale better with a better source. The iPhone won't be bad but it won't push them to their full potential.
All I can say right now is that they're ****ing incredible with live rock (Evanescence).
When it involves rating live music I usually listen to Jazz At The Pawn Shop, Pulse by Pink Floyd, or Is Anybody Out There also by Pink Floyd. You should try giving those 3 CD's a spin if you have them handy.
These IEMs are extremely resolving.... Listening to them through my Triad L3 is draw-dropping....... The dynamics, sound-staging is unbelievable.... I really do feel like I am wearing full size headphones.... Listening to 24/192 and 24/92 really shows you the true potential of these IEMs. It's insane.....
My two live recording references that I've been using lately are Iron & Wine's 02/15/2008 Wheaton, Il concert and The Tiger Lillies "Urine Palace".
Iron & Wine have released numerous live recordings on playedlastnight.com (although it doesn't seem to be around anymore), the Wheaton, Il concert is rather unique in that it's Sam Beam solo with his acoustic guitar. It's very well recorded and very intimate recording.
The Tiger Lillies are probably an acquired taste by most. The singer trained himself as an opera singer with a castrati style voice and the rest of the band is mainly made up of accordian, double bass and drums. They look at the darker, seedier side of life so it's definitely not for everyone. The "Urine Palace" recording takes place in a few locales but they all seem to be of the smaller club variety so there's a very personal, intimate feel to it as well with a lot of audible queues from the audience.
So I just got the silver cables in. They are not burned in yet so I'm only going to give brief comparison to the silver/gold cable I've been trying to listen to.
The mid bass is more tamed, and the vocals now seem more clear. The silver/gold cable creates a richer tone, and as some have stated, gives the sound realism. The silver cable is much more resolving, and since the creep is less apparent, I really am starting to like the whole 1+2 and T1 system. I still have to give it a good amount of burn in, so until then.
Edit: Oh yes, and the Westone stock cable is a pile of trash. Muffled, bloated, congested.
Edited by Girls Generation - 10/16/12 at 2:37pm
- Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 11 seconds ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread 39 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Best portable music player (for classical music) 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › V-Moda M100 Less than 1 month old! 1 minute ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for something punchy, on the ear, below $250 - LIke... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)