Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread - Page 306

post #4576 of 5600
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgdinamo View Post

Interesting - so how do you feel regarding SQ on your 1plus2 with your Silver Dragon V3 when compared to Tralucent stock silver or silver/gold?

What i can confirm now is that the different is not day and night. May be I will need more time on the uber or I may need better source as well. I paired the 1p2 with stock ak120 feat Arrow 4T and Theorem 720.
post #4577 of 5600
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightwalker View Post


What i can confirm now is that the different is not day and night. May be I will need more time on the uber or I may need better source as well. I paired the 1p2 with stock ak120 feat Arrow 4T and Theorem 720.

 

With that kinda setup I'd opt to get the AK120 modded to the S mod and probably get a killer amp. That should bring you up to desktop quality on the go as well as show you the capabilities of the 1Plus2 with uber cable. ;).

post #4578 of 5600

Nearly lost my right piece today. It randomly came off haha. Time for dat ducktape mod.

post #4579 of 5600
Thread Starter 

With the small piece of tape used on the inside for grip mine has not come off since :P. Wouldn't risk taking them outside without addressing that first.

post #4580 of 5600

It's staying in my room. Forever. lol. Got other iems for outside haha.

post #4581 of 5600
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

With that kinda setup I'd opt to get the AK120 modded to the S mod and probably get a killer amp. That should bring you up to desktop quality on the go as well as show you the capabilities of the 1Plus2 with uber cable. wink.gif.

What amp do you suggest me to pair with the ak120&1p2?
post #4582 of 5600
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightwalker View Post


What amp do you suggest me to pair with the ak120&1p2?



From what I heard you might want to check this amp out. That is if you opt for the S mod from vinnie to make it worth your while. However I do use the Tralucent T1 amp with the AK120 with great effect. It's definitely an improvement over stock. Just depends how far you want to push the envelope. With an uber cable I would be very much pushing that envelope ;).

 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/analog-squared-paper-tu-05b

post #4583 of 5600
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightwalker View Post

What amp do you suggest me to pair with the ak120&1p2?
RSA71B works great too, and they have more or less the same size.
post #4584 of 5600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


RSA71B works great too, and they have more or less the same size.

 

May be I should give it a try. Thank you.

 

@lee730: The Tu-05b is way too big for portable setup, I think :(

post #4585 of 5600
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightwalker View Post
 

 

May be I should give it a try. Thank you.

 

@lee730: The Tu-05b is way too big for portable setup, I think :(

At least you can make it  'trans-portable' like I did :-)

 

  

 

   

post #4586 of 5600
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post
 

At least you can make it  'trans-portable' like I did :-)

 

  

 

   

 That's fantastic!! PM sent.

post #4587 of 5600
Thread Starter 
We
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightwalker View Post

May be I should give it a try. Thank you.

@lee730
: The Tu-05b is way too big for portable setup, I think frown.gif

Well I tried wink.gif. As mimouille said the RSA amps are a good option as well. How much bigger can the amp be than your DAP? Of course portables will have their limitations due to the inherent size.
post #4588 of 5600
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post
 

 That's fantastic!! PM sent.

Upgraded the solution since with incorporating an XLR plug INSIDE the TU-05 ( a very very tight fit!) , so that I don't have to carry this Big XLR-> miniJack adapter, and do not use this VERY FRAGILE mini-jack plug any more.

 

PS: also added some "damping material" in several strategic locations, inside and outside the TU-O5.

 

 

 

 


Edited by bmichels - 11/4/13 at 1:28am
post #4589 of 5600
Just got my new 1plus2's this weekend. Listening to Bruckner symphonies with a DX50 line out feeding a Tralucent T1 amp.

Wow, these things are really, really nice! What a beautiful soundstage for symphonies. And Gavin says they will contrinue to improve over time. Hard to imagine them any better than this!
post #4590 of 5600
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Scott Ireland View Post

Just got my new 1plus2's this weekend. Listening to Bruckner symphonies with a DX50 line out feeding a Tralucent T1 amp.

Wow, these things are really, really nice! What a beautiful soundstage for symphonies. And Gavin says they will contrinue to improve over time. Hard to imagine them any better than this!

Congrats!

 

Looks like your dog is suffering from listening to Beats pro ;P

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread