Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread - Page 296

post #4426 of 5631

Thanks for the impressions Lin.. Going on memory for me, 1plus2 was more spatial outside the head experience.

 And like you, I too found myself looking around my shoulder or turning really quickly thinking someone was either talking to me or was there...

Highs & Lows.....Forget about it...beats the Miracle.

As I have mentioned before I think it sounds like a Miracle/Merlin combo (to me anyway)...in 1 IEM.

I didn't find the mids too bad, but in saying that, I'm not much of a vocals person.

post #4427 of 5631
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post

From what I've heard, Gavin appreciates constructive criticism whereas some companies try to hide the negative sides. 

Others do a good enough job in stead. It's akin to being buried in paperwork.
post #4428 of 5631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post
 

great comparison.

 

one comment on mids. i had similar impression about mids and vocals on 1p2 being a bit recessed, less sweet and bit more distant ... however comparing live recordings from venues i know i have to admit 1p2 offers superb realism. too much mid centric or sweet warmth can simply destroy images... mid centric sweetness is nice to have but take known live venue recordings and you will be amazed how real they sound on 1p2. i did that after Peter Gabriel concert i downloaded the same tour live recording from his site and compared sound to what i heard just last night at the venue...  what is also stunning how 1p2 is able to keep voice dynamic and detail, voices remain rich, realistic sounding and timbre correct despite bit recessed placement. so it all depends on tastes rather than anything else. i do not care for EQ because i am afraid same EQ will not work on all songs and albums while EQing each time i have to change albums is too much for me.

 

i feel afraid that i am turning into 1p2 peddler and some people might feel not good about that... but having spent some money on buying all other IEMs before coming to 1p2 i took some financial loss and feel i have the right to tell because 1p2 could have saved me time and money and bring pleasure straight away.

 

and the reason i did not go straight for 1p2 was exactly because of reading some comments on HeadFi bashing 1p2 and telling about some cheaper IEMs being as good... which all was plain wrong!!!

 

so i have the right to tell :wink_face: 

And do you think they used 2 cardiod mics in coincidence at the same place that you sit without any post production or up on /near the stage with some tailoring? Nothing is perfect for everyone though it's great that they're perfect for you.

post #4429 of 5631
Vibes, do not understand what you mean?

ok, they are perfect for me. ok i admit they may not be perfect for eveyone. and i respect others right to have an opinion and can see fair points.

what makes me sad however is when someone impressions start like this: " ah you know this are damn expensive IEM, for this price quality sucks, for this price cable is not soft smooth shiny enough, this damn steep price for universals must be a joke, this exobirant price can buy me two cheaper well made IEMs, you know how many beers this damn money could buy, you know this price makes me think of Everest, damn i wish such prices would be outlawed by the government, i wish i had an Alladin lamp and etc etc etc.... " tongue.gif

and i bet there were nearly no reviews which would not mention steep price for 1p2 redface.gif
Edited by Gintaras - 10/12/13 at 1:23pm
post #4430 of 5631

Never mind. I don't want to sully a great iem thread simply because you're a bit over zealous. 


Edited by goodvibes - 10/12/13 at 2:34pm
post #4431 of 5631
I think the comments about the build quality are very valid. It is a bit childish of gintaras to constantly defend his purchase this much. If Gavin gets any criticism buried by his supporters under a pile of accolades about other unrelated greatness, he will never need to improve his product. I think we can all agree that no product is perfect, and this applies to the 1plus2. Therefore, for the love of god, stop it gintaras
post #4432 of 5631

as I saw earlier here in tread many appreciators of FitEar products,as 1plus2 as well. Maybe you could help me to find comparing 1plus2 with fitear 335wd?

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

offtop:

 

have to say thanks to Gintaras for keeping this tread in the good mood :-} It is a pleasure to read constructive and creative thoughts. At the russian forums people usually start threatening each other  after the first disagree :-}

post #4433 of 5631

Vibes ;)

 

Angelo, i was not talking much about build quality but sound. as regards build quality 1p2 are Ok, but i think i told several times 1p2 is not perfect outdoors IEM for the most, rather i would consider 1p2 as indoors relax IEM. on the rest quality for me means reliability, this is why i asked how many 1p2 owners could report defects and wear issues? and coming from high-end i long ago stopped worry about gear looks because often you find ugly looking gear sound better than some shiny high-tech looking ... 

 

anyway, 1p2 has its limitations and one of this is comfort wear outdoors and vent ports making for poor isolation outdoors. acrylic shells will not wow you by looks but i found them sturdy enough unless you like dropping your IEMs on the floor.

 

as regards cable 1p2 cable is made of high-end wire used in some mega expensive cabling and loudspeakers which by definition cannot be as flexible as your typical IEM cable. people are correct to blame flex and look of the cable but if you ask me about it i would tell i prefer this cable for sound and easily swapped more flex and light cable on ASG2 for silver gold and would not look back because that adds good sound.

 

so i do not know what childish?

 

guys, seriously there is life, nice weather, a lot of music to listen and purchasing IEM or else is all about pleasure and enjoyment. so i am very happy to see people disagreeing with me and i wish you find your musical holy grail like i found mine.

post #4434 of 5631

Greetings to all

Anyone here currently at CanJam Audio fest? please come and check/compare the Tralucent with the S-Em6

Hope any one from this forum makes to canJam on its last day sunday 13th

post #4435 of 5631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibiriak View Post
 

as I saw earlier here in tread many appreciators of FitEar products,as 1plus2 as well. Maybe you could help me to find comparing 1plus2 with fitear 335wd?

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

offtop:

 

have to say thanks to Gintaras for keeping this tread in the good mood :-} It is a pleasure to read constructive and creative thoughts. At the russian forums people usually start threatening each other  after the first disagree :-}


lol at your spoiler.

post #4436 of 5631

Truly great review, a_recording. That was really informative and helpful. The sheer amount of detail and scrutiny goes to show how much you have been closely examining them, which is critical for a purchase at this price point.

 

I'm having the EX1000 in my possession now and I think I can extrapolate the general idea about the 1P2's sound signature from that. Truth be told, I have been on the fence not less than a few times trying to argue with myself whether it's worth shelling this much money for the 1P2 based on general impressions and words-of-mouth, but I'm glad I was able to hold myself back until reading your review. I'm still seeking an opportunity to audition the 1P2 however, but it seems like my impression would have to be drastically different from yours (in a good way) to warrant such an investment. 

post #4437 of 5631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post
 

Vibes ;)

 

Angelo, i was not talking much about build quality but sound. as regards build quality 1p2 are Ok, but i think i told several times 1p2 is not perfect outdoors IEM for the most, rather i would consider 1p2 as indoors relax IEM. on the rest quality for me means reliability, this is why i asked how many 1p2 owners could report defects and wear issues? and coming from high-end i long ago stopped worry about gear looks because often you find ugly looking gear sound better than some shiny high-tech looking ... 

 

anyway, 1p2 has its limitations and one of this is comfort wear outdoors and vent ports making for poor isolation outdoors. acrylic shells will not wow you by looks but i found them sturdy enough unless you like dropping your IEMs on the floor.

 

as regards cable 1p2 cable is made of high-end wire used in some mega expensive cabling and loudspeakers which by definition cannot be as flexible as your typical IEM cable. people are correct to blame flex and look of the cable but if you ask me about it i would tell i prefer this cable for sound and easily swapped more flex and light cable on ASG2 for silver gold and would not look back because that adds good sound.

 

so i do not know what childish?

 

guys, seriously there is life, nice weather, a lot of music to listen and purchasing IEM or else is all about pleasure and enjoyment. so i am very happy to see people disagreeing with me and i wish you find your musical holy grail like i found mine.


This is my point exactly. Your opinions are not a definite fact, but your own opinions. If some people think that the build quality is lacking, you don't have to come in and reply that it is very adequate. Constructive criticism is what helps improve companies. Personally I have not heard how it sounds, but I am very interested in this product, which is why I read this thread. Please stop being so defensive when others criticise your "holy grail".

post #4438 of 5631
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nenbgumi View Post
 

Truly great review, a_recording. That was really informative and helpful. The sheer amount of detail and scrutiny goes to show how much you have been closely examining them, which is critical for a purchase at this price point.

 

I'm having the EX1000 in my possession now and I think I can extrapolate the general idea about the 1P2's sound signature from that. Truth be told, I have been on the fence not less than a few times trying to argue with myself whether it's worth shelling this much money for the 1P2 based on general impressions and words-of-mouth, but I'm glad I was able to hold myself back until reading your review. I'm still seeking an opportunity to audition the 1P2 however, but it seems like my impression would have to be drastically different from yours (in a good way) to warrant such an investment. 

 

Thanks 3n!

 

To be clear, I do prefer the sound of the 1Plus2 to the EX1000. The 1Plus2 has amazing bass and a visceral, clean sound. It isn't quite as smokey or 'romantic' as the EX1000, but since  the EX1000 can sound fairly nasal at times this isn't a bad thing. I prefer the 7550's sound to the EX1000. Again the 1Plus2 is cleaner sounding, but I did prefer the timbre on my dynamics. 

 

Very much a personal thing, but I do recommend an audition. Or, wait for the H1 / H2 / H3 reviews to start pouring in ;)

post #4439 of 5631
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo898 View Post
 


This is my point exactly. Your opinions are not a definite fact, but your own opinions. If some people think that the build quality is lacking, you don't have to come in and reply that it is very adequate. Constructive criticism is what helps improve companies. Personally I have not heard how it sounds, but I am very interested in this product, which is why I read this thread. Please stop being so defensive when others criticise your "holy grail".

 

Well he does have the right to disagree and post his own comments but I do see your point at the same time. As you said you have never heard them yourself so you won't know your own truth until you try them yourself.

post #4440 of 5631

I am just going to drop it, hopefully my message got through

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread