Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread - Page 266

post #3976 of 5599
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

Not sure what you mean by that (highlighted text) here, but the 1p2 massive price hike (nearly double what it originally retailed for) happened quite a while ago, while the TG334 still retailed for $1,350. The TG334 has always retailed for ~100,000 Yen in Japan (ie no price change).
I was saying perhaps the price diff could bring the two into the same ballpark of value for money?
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

To clarify a few things regarding pricing:-

The original 1plus2 were offered at an introductory price of $980 with silver cable and $1080 with silver/gold cable for few months.

However, after the initial launch exactly a year ago, they were redesigned completely, especially internally, in November 2012. To the point that there is no semblance to the original 1plus2, in appearance and sonics. The price change reflects the redesign and are priced at $1250 and $1450. However, the original were to be priced at $1180 and $1280 after the introductory offer ceased.

Every owner of the original 1plus2 were offered the opportunity for a replacement to the redesigned 1plus2 free of charge, in which every customer took up. nk77 being the last customer to do so.

We are the only company that makes and tune our cables specifically for our earpieces, from foundry to retail product.

Hopefully this clarifies our pricing policy for the 1plus2.

Gavin
OIC. Thanks for your help. I was wondering why the posts last year painted a different story to now but now I get it.... Thank you now I understand
post #3977 of 5599
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post
 

To clarify a few things regarding pricing:-

 

The original 1plus2 were offered at an introductory price of $980 with silver cable and $1080 with silver/gold cable for few months.

 

However, after the initial launch exactly a year ago, they were redesigned completely, especially internally, in November 2012. To the point that there is no semblance to the original 1plus2, in appearance and sonics. The price change reflects the redesign and are priced at $1250 and $1450. However, the original were to be priced at $1180 and $1280 after the introductory offer ceased.

 

Every owner of the original 1plus2 were offered the opportunity for a replacement to the redesigned 1plus2 free of charge, in which every customer took up. nk77 being the last customer to do so.

 

We are the only company that makes and tune our cables specifically for our earpieces, from foundry to retail product.

 

Hopefully this clarifies our pricing policy for the 1plus2.

 

Gavin

 

 

That's not how I remember things and apologies if I'm getting things a bit wrong here.

 

I remember quite well lee730, 1plus2's #1 fan, said that the 1p2 v1 was practically half the price of the K3003 (the latter retailing for $1,300) — lee730 kept telling people in those days (and for months on end) in many threads how much better than the K3003 the 1p2 v1 was—and at almost half the price!

 

When the 1p2 v2 was announced by lee730—who has always seemed to be Tralucent's spokesperson from even before day one (on 30th July 2012 and on the K3003 thread, of course, quite sometime before spkrs01 had become a "Member of the Trade" for Tralucent)—and the huge price difference, people were a little more than surprised. As far as I can remember, the difference wasn't ~$200/~$300, but a hell of a lot more (closer to double the price). I still remember AnakChan, who was not a moderator at the time of the price increase, expressing his (polite) strong feelings about such huge price hike.


Edited by music_4321 - 9/4/13 at 8:17am
post #3978 of 5599

From my recollection and bearing in mind that I own the company, the price breakdown were as follows:-

 

Introductory Price:-

 

1plus2 earpiece $780 and with:-

 

SPC cable $880 (which was quickly deleted as an option) 

Silver Cable $980

Silver/gold cable $1080

 

You are basing your speculations on heresay, and I am on paperwork. 

 

I communicated the reasons with AnakChan at the time, and his main contention was whether Tralucent was a viable company or disappear after a few months....he bought a pair, sold it and re bought another pair of 1plus2 with an uBer cable which he still owns.

 

My late declaration to MOT status was due to my, not reading the rules of the board, in which I made clear to currawong at the time I declared that I was the owner of Tralucent Audio. I am an enthusiast, first and foremost in this hobby, I have no agendas...I have been retired for over 13 years.

 

Anything else? Apologies accepted :normal_smile :


Edited by spkrs01 - 9/4/13 at 8:48am
post #3979 of 5599

Laying it down. 

post #3980 of 5599
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post
 

From my recollection and bearing in mind that I own the company, the price breakdown were as follows:-

 

Introductory Price:-

 

1plus2 earpiece $780 and with:-

 

SPC cable $880 (which was quickly deleted as an option) 

Silver Cable $980

Silver/gold cable 1080

 

You are basing your speculations on heresay, and I am on paperwork. 

 

I communicated the reasons with AnakChan at the time, and his main contention was whether Tralucent was a viable company or disappear after a few months....he bought a pair, sold it and re bought another pair of 1plus2 with an uBer cable which he still owns.

 

My late declaration to MOT status was due to my, not reading the rules of the board, in which I made clear to currawong at the time I declared that I was the owner of Tralucent Audio. I am an enthusiast, first and foremost in this hobby, I have no agendas...I have been retired for over 13 years.

 

Anything else? Apologies accepted :normal_smile :
 

Quote:

 

From my recollection and bearing in mind that I own the company, the price breakdown were as follows:-

 

Introductory Price:-

 

1plus2 earpiece $780 and with:-

 

SPC cable $880 (which was quickly deleted as an option) 

Silver Cable $980

Silver/gold cable 1080

 

Hey spkrs01, let me start off by saying that on the whole, and FWIW, I think you're a fairly cool guy, though my views on how you've gone about setting up your Tralucent business / company is another matter. Let me also say that I don't entirely disapprove of the way you've done things from a business standpoint — you certainly have a very good business sense. Perhaps you've done things too right from a business perspective, so kudos to you there (and I do mean that).

 

You know me rather well by now and know that I'm pretty blunt, sometimes too blunt and bloody honest for my own good. But, I'm someone who, as you well know, tends to be pretty accurate in the way they report things.

 

That said, you may have whatever you have on paper, but what was actually transmitted on the forums for quite a few months by lee730, the only 'Tralucent spokesperson', was quite different to the figures you mention above. I won't go into how lee730 kept speaking of 1plus2's competing products (mostly the K3003 & TG334), but how, for quite a while, he, in fact, kept telling people the 1p2 v1 was almost half the price of the K3003.

 

It took you, spkrs01, a long, long, long time to start posting on this thread, something very unusual for a "Member of the Trade", particularly one who actually owns the business of the product in question, the 1p2 in this case — people, for a long time, got most, if not all, information about Tralucent and the 1plus2 from lee730. Odd, to say the least.


Edited by music_4321 - 9/4/13 at 9:13am
post #3981 of 5599
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post
 

 

When the 1p2 v2 was announced by lee730—who has always seemed to be Tralucent's spokesperson from even before day one ...

 

Music_4321, i would also recommend you include an APOLOGY to Lee who always been trusted and unbiased HeadFier... it was very unpleasant to read what you wrote. i always enjoyed your posts but not the last ones here.

 

on the rest i think Gavin answered all your questions about 1P2.

 

and on a side note and for the sake of fact, whether you complain does not matter BECAUSE companies are free to increase prices for their products UNLESS the business in question is monopolic or there is cartel agreement which is unlawful.

i hope you do not stage demonstrations around your grocery shop when milk prices go up?


Edited by Gintaras - 9/4/13 at 9:15am
post #3982 of 5599
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post
 

 

Hey spkrs01, let me start off by saying that on the whole, and FWIW, I think you're a fairly cool guy, though my views on how you've gone about setting up your Tralucent business / company is another matter. Let me also say that I don't entirely disapprove of the way you've done things from a business standpoint — you certainly have a very good business sense. Perhaps you've done things too right from a business perspective, so kudos to you there (and I do mean that).

 

You know me rather well by now and know that I'm pretty blunt, sometimes too blunt and bloody honest for my own good. But, I'm someone who, as you well know, tends to be pretty accurate in the way they report things.

 

That said, you may have whatever you have on paper, but what was actually transmitted on the forums for quite a few months by lee730, the only 'Tralucent spokesperson', was quite different to the figures you mention above. I won't go into how lee730 kept speaking of 1plus2's competing products (mostly the K3003 & TG334), but how, for quite a while, he, in fact, kept telling people the 1p2 v1 was almost half the price of the K3003.

 

It took you, spkrs01, a long, long, long time to start posting on this thread, something very unusual for a "Member of the Trade", particularly one who actually owns the business of the product in question, the 1p2 in this case — people, for a long time, got most, if not all, information about Tralucent and the 1plus2 from lee730. Odd, to say the least.

 

I don't understand what any of this has to do with the price differences you seem to be debating here (bolded text). It seems your hate/lack of respect has somewhat turned a simple misunderstanding(?) into a personal vendetta against another member for a questionable reason/s (I say questionable because I don't know where this is coming from). Past your accusations, what are you trying to accomplish here? Someone simply asked why the price was increased, Gavin (Tralucent) answered, what else needs to be said? I agree with Gin here... your posts most of the time are just obnoxious but this particular one is distasteful and disrespectful to both Gavin and Jim. 

 

Just my 2 cents...

post #3983 of 5599
Ok Lee and Music do not like each other. But Lee is just an enthusiast owner like me. So please music keep things separate. Besides, if you have a point concerning Gavin, Tralucent and Lee, just say it, do not insinuate. What is your point?

I judge value vs other comparable products. The 1plus2 is as good better than all the iems I have listened to, so it can be priced wt least at the same level.

As for 1plus2 vs. TG334 pricing. Well...how do I put this gently...the 1plus2, to my taste, can totally kick the crap out of the 334, with two hands behind its backand blindfolded. And I think it is not only a matter of taste as my favorite ciem is the se5, which sounds nothing like the 1plus2. The 1plus2 just bests the 334 in soundstage, separation, clarity, detail. Only in the mids do I find the 334 slightly more musical.
Edited by Mimouille - 9/4/13 at 9:42am
post #3984 of 5599

Well I take nothing personal, and I rather like your dry sense of wit.......

 

To answer backwards, I do not participate on this thread as I have no need to push my product, I have no need to derive income from this pet "hobby" business. Hence, my lack of participation and the few posts that I have made are to correct a few things. If people want to contact me regarding my products, I am always available via email. Even then I do not push my products. I believe in my products, the revised 1plus2 are voiced by me, and mimics my Home Rig. I use them everyday, and I think they sound great!

 

Regarding Lee730....he is Tralucent Audio's first customer. He paid fully for his earphones and he started this thread through his own enthusiasm for the 1plus2. I did not ask him to, nor requested him to. He likes the 1plus2! What can I do..besides being indebted to his kindness. I have the TG334 and the K3003, I like them, and have no reason, if I am reading you correctly to ask Lee730 to dish them?!?! If that is what you are implying........................or I am interpreting it wrong?! 

 

 

There is no agenda or any malice, otherwise I wouldn't be buying and enjoying every other company's products and stating it.

 

I am having great fun with this business, meeting with great people online or in person. What more can I ask?!

post #3985 of 5599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Ok Lee and Music do not like each other. But Lee is just an enthusiast owner like me. So please music keep things separate. Besides, if you have a point concerning Gavin, Tralucent and Lee, just say it, do not insinuate. What is your point?

I judge value vs other comparable products. The 1plus2 is as good better than all the iems I have listened to, so it can be priced wt least at the same level.

As for 1plus2 vs. TG334 pricing. Well...how do I put this gently...the 1plus2, to my taste, can totally kick the crap out of the 334, with two hands behind its backand blindfolded. And I think it is not only a matter of taste as my favorite ciem is the se5, which sounds nothing like the 1plus2. The 1plus2 just bests the 334 in soundstage, separation, clarity, detail. Only in the mids do I find the 334 slightly more musical.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post
 

Well I take nothing personal, and I rather like your dry sense of wit.......

 

To answer backwards, I do not participate on this thread as I have no need to push my product, I have no need to derive income from this pet "hobby" business. Hence, my lack of participation and the few posts that I have made are to correct a few things. If people want to contact me regarding my products, I am always available via email. Even then I do not push my products. I believe in my products, the revised 1plus2 are voiced by me, and mimics my Home Rig. I use them everyday, and I think they sound great!

 

Regarding Lee730....he is Tralucent Audio's first customer. He paid fully for his earphones and he started this thread through his own enthusiasm for the 1plus2. I did not ask him to, nor requested him to. He likes the 1plus2! What can I do..besides being indebted to his kindness. I have the TG334 and the K3003, I like them, and have no reason, if I am reading you correctly to ask Lee730 to dish them?!?! If that is what you are implying........................or I am interpreting it wrong?! 

 

 

There is no agenda or any malice, otherwise I wouldn't be buying and enjoying every other company's products and stating it.

 

I am having great fun with this business, meeting with great people online or in person. What more can I ask?!

 

 

There is a lot, A LOT is could say in response to the posts above (and those by Gintaras and Greed), but this is the 1p2 thread, and it's only natural that people will come and defend the thread starter (lee730), who's been extremely active, friendly and 'helpful' on this and many other threads raving over the 1p2s. And naturally, support for spkrs01 is also to be expected. But, like I said, at least I think spkrs01 is a fairly cool guy, irrespective of how I view his business model / practices.

 

Like and dislike matter little to music_4321. He strives for honesty, accuracy and no BS as much as he can, even at the expense of possibly upsetting those who may like him (quite a bit / a lot).

 

So, before things get even more terribly heated and our lovely charming sparrow gets many more unconditional supporters / fans, I'll let you all carry on... that is, until I feel I must say something that is, er, inaccurate, but hopefully something that won't cause the lynch mob to get too active—inaccuracies like "Hey, the 1p2 is made in the USA", and music_4321 kindly pointing out that it isn't. Then, we can all still be jolly good friends.


Edited by music_4321 - 9/4/13 at 10:28am
post #3986 of 5599
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

From my recollection and bearing in mind that I own the company, the price breakdown were as follows:-

Introductory Price:-

1plus2 earpiece $780 and with:-

SPC cable $880 (which was quickly deleted as an option) 
Silver Cable $980
Silver/gold cable $1080
Although I purchased my 1Plus2's fairly recently I talked with Gavin and I've been involved with the thread from very early on. This is the pricing I recall being quoted when I first enquired about the 1Plus2 V1.
post #3987 of 5599
Music, there are times we agree and there are times we disagree which is fine.
However putting badges on people only because they happen to love a particular product is not worth of an intelligent person to who you most likely attribute yourself. Hope you see my point, if not lets drop it here.
post #3988 of 5599
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post
 

 

 

 

 

There is a lot, A LOT is could say in response to the posts above (and those by Gintaras and Greed), but this is the 1p2 thread, and it's only natural that people will come and defend the thread starter (lee730), who's been extremely active, friendly and 'helpful' on this and many other threads raving over the 1p2s. And naturally, support for spkrs01 is also to be expected. But, like I said, at least I think spkrs01 is a fairly cool guy, irrespective of how I view his business model / practices.

 

Like and dislike matter little to music_4321. He strives for honesty, accuracy and no BS as much as he can, even at the expense of possibly upsetting those who may like him (quite a bit / a lot).

 

So, before things get even more terribly heated and our lovely charming sparrow gets many more unconditional supporters / fans, I'll let you all carry on... that is, until I feel I must say something that is, er, inaccurate, but hopefully something that won't cause the lynch mob to get too active—inaccuracies like "Hey, the 1p2 is made in the USA", and music_4321 kindly pointing out that it isn't. Then, we can all still be jolly good friends.

 

If I had a nickle for every time I've read that type of sentence. Regardless of my feelings on the 1plus2, Gavin, or Lee... your posts always stir the pot and most of the time for no reason at all other than to argue and debate. You say you believe in no BS, well arguing about a frivolous issue like prior pricing is BS, IMO. What does it matter now? Everyone that has spoken thus far about your comments is doing so in respect to the forum, not because they dislike you and are defending Lee or Gavin but because this forum should be a community that talks shop, not always feeling the need to argue about irrelevant things or airing out your laundry with other members.


Edited by Greed - 9/4/13 at 10:45am
post #3989 of 5599

Gavin, retired for 13 years? 

In that photo you posted, from memory you didn't look a day over 35, and that's being conservative. Oh how I wanted to retire at age 22.

post #3990 of 5599
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post
 

Gavin, retired for 13 years? 

In that photo you posted, from memory you didn't look a day over 35, and that's being conservative. Oh how I wanted to retire at age 22.

 

Wait... I think that handsome young dude is me?!  Alas I wish I had as good a career Gavin had, or more preciously I wish I had graduated around the same time as he did when market were a lot better!  35 more years before I can retired

 

/I haz a SAD face

 


Edited by kkcc - 9/4/13 at 10:50am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread