Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread - Page 26

post #376 of 5633
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nk77 View Post

 

Lol I just did. Got the JVC and the V-modas for comparison with the Tralucent ones.

 

 

 

 

Got the clear ones. Didn't think colour would make a difference.


I figured just to be on the safe side. Not sure if the other colors may be a different material. I know a different material will result in a different fit and sound.... I'm not really sure what Tralucent normally supplies with the 1Plus2 (if they even include tips....).


Edited by lee730 - 10/1/12 at 1:28am
post #377 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


I figured just to be on the safe side. Not sure if the other colors may be a different material. I know a different material will result in a different fit and sound.... I'm not really sure what Tralucent normally supplies with the 1Plus2 (if they even include tips....).

 

They do include tips - S/M/L/XL normal ones like the JVCs apparently. 

post #378 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

Why don't we make this easier and have you send over your 1Plus2, T1, silver cables, and DX100 over to me? biggrin.gif

 

Keep hounding Lee for the DX100 Girls Generation (see I used your whole name unlike a certain someone lol). I'm sure Lee will break down sooner or later and just buy us one each!

post #379 of 5633
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nk77 View Post

 

They do include tips - S/M/L/XL normal ones like the JVCs apparently. 


Well they never sent me a set of tips besides the TF10 pair... tongue.gif devil_face.gif

 

I'm really becoming more and more infatuate with the DX100 just through its full-size headphone jack. It's really good :). Before I was always using an amp with it while at home and now I'm more apt to just use it without an amp. Love how well the full-size jack takes control of the sound. The 3.5 is a bit more fun and has less control/separation. This makes for a versatile unit when moods change :P.


Edited by lee730 - 10/1/12 at 1:49am
post #380 of 5633

So the V-MODA bass/ V-MODA vibe duo tips bring the mids more forward and gets rid of some mid-bass that creeps into the mids. It in turn makes it every so slightly less punchy but just a touch, literally just a touch. Since the mids are more forward now, the stock tips sound a bit more spacious in general.

post #381 of 5633
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

So the V-MODA bass/ V-MODA vibe duo tips bring the mids more forward and gets rid of some mid-bass that creeps into the mids. It in turn makes it every so slightly less punchy but just a touch, literally just a touch. Since the mids are more forward now, the stock tips sound a bit more spacious in general.


So you agree then? :). Those subtle differences for me can add up to a large difference and can make or break synergy.


Edited by lee730 - 10/1/12 at 1:55am
post #382 of 5633

It'd extremely hard to tell at the moment though, it's SO subtle... I could only really tell by having one tip on one side and another on the other side. :P

 

Synergy is so much better with the O2 at the moment. I blame the silver/gold cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


So you agree then? :). Those subtle differences for me can add up to a large difference and can make or break synergy.


Edited by Girls Generation - 10/1/12 at 1:57am
post #383 of 5633
Thread Starter 

lol :D FWIW when my original cable broke I tried using my cruddy TF10 cable with it.... It was a horrible muddy mess....
 

post #384 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Well they never sent me a set of tips besides the TF10 pair... tongue.gifdevil_face.gif

 

That's because you didn't send your DX100 with the tour! karma! deadhorse.gif (I just wanted to use this smiley lol). 

post #385 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

lol :D FWIW when my original cable broke I tried using my cruddy TF10 cable with it.... It was a horrible muddy mess....
 

Makes me wonder what possessed a company like UE to finalize a flagship IEM with such crap cables. Considering Jerry Harvey was still around at the time I'm even more surprised. Supposedly he's a stickler for the fine details One of these days I really should give JH Audio a shot.

----------------------------------------------------------

Since we're all infatuated with the DX100 I vote we all chip in a few bones and hire a team of ninja's to get lee's DX and send it out on tour.


Edited by DigitalFreak - 10/1/12 at 8:26pm
post #386 of 5633

Well you'd think with all the engineering that went into creating the ES5 and their sound, they'd use a good cable for maximum transparency. Nope, they use the crappiest cables that sound like complete crap, muffles the hell out of the sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Makes me wonder what possessed a company like UE to finalize a flagship IEM with such crap cables. Considering Jerry Harvey was still around at the time I'm even more surprised. Supposedly he's a stickler for the fine details One of these days I really should give JH Audio a shot.

----------------------------------------------------------

Since we're all infatuated with the DX100 I vote we all chip in a few bones and hire a team of ninja's to get lee's DX and send it out on tour.

post #387 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Makes me wonder what possessed a company like UE to finalize a flagship IEM with such crap cables. Considering Jerry Harvey was still around at the time I'm even more surprised. Supposedly he's a stickler for the fine details One of these days I really should give JH Audio a shot.

----------------------------------------------------------

Since we're all infatuated with the DX100 I vote we all chip in a few bones and hire a team of ninja's to get lee's DX and send it out on tour.

Sorry dude.......Gotta protect my Brudda.....us Hawaiians gotta stick together.

Lee, I think you should entrust the DX100 to me for safe keeping. I'll make sure to keep everybody's grubby paws off (cept mine of course).

post #388 of 5633
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

Well you'd think with all the engineering that went into creating the ES5 and their sound, they'd use a good cable for maximum transparency. Nope, they use the crappiest cables that sound like complete crap, muffles the hell out of the sound.


So lets say you had not changed your ES5 cables would you have kept them? Just curious?

 

Good luck with those ninjas, you'll be up against natural instinct :P.

post #389 of 5633

I would've sold my ES5 if it weren't for cables. The muffle was inciting RAGE in my soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


So lets say you had not changed your ES5 cables would you have kept them? Just curious?

 

Good luck with those ninjas, you'll be up against natural instinct :P.

post #390 of 5633

Been lurking in the thread for a while until I saw the cables part. I just got my UE IERM. Just want to ask that, if I change its cable, wouldn't I change its perfectly neutral sound signatures?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread